Phantis Forums

Group F - Who will go thru?

Irlandos

Which 2 sides will go thru from Group F?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2 sides will go thru from Group F?

• Australia and Brazil
    • Australia and Croatia
    • Australia and Japan
    • Brazil and Croatia
    • Brazil and Japan
    • Croatia and Japan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the first of this group i think is useless to speak.Now i vote for the Haiduks of Hrvatska.Even if they are not talented they are fighters,like us

Brazil: Big favorites but this group will be an interesting challenge for them.

Australia: Thanks to Hiddink, this team looks like 11 men pulling all together.

(it was a tricky choice as Croatia are always good and Japan have a great coach and mentality)

Brazil and who cares what other team??? :nw: :nw:

WORLD player of the year Ronaldinho is wary of the Guus Hiddink factor that he and defending champion Brazil will face Group F of the World Cup.

Video: Guus runs rule over Dutch

InfoGraphic: Socceroos profiles and more

WIN $10,000: Sign up for Fox Fantasy Team

The two sides will meet on June 18 in Munich.

Ronaldinho believes the master Dutch coach is transforming Australia into the neutral supporter's 'other' favourite team at this month's World Cup in Germany.

Australia is making its first appearance at the World Cup finals in 32 years after eliminating two-time champion Uruguay in a play-off last November.

Brazil has long enjoyed being loved by the vast majority in world football for its flamboyant playing style, but Ronaldinho thinks that the remarkable Socceroos qualifying story has begun to push Hiddink's team into the hearts and minds of football neutrals.

"Even though Australia looks a formidable team and they are our key group rivals, I have to admit that I'm fascinated by them from a purely personal point of view,'' Ronaldinho said in a Sydney newspaper today.

"Apart from appointing one of the top four or five coaches in the world, what Australia did when they signed Hiddink was drag world attention onto themselves."

Hiddink, who leaves Australia to take up a lucrative appointment as head coach of Russia after the World Cup, has guided the Netherlands and Korea Republic to the semi-finals of the past two World Cups.

Advertisement:

"Anyone with an interest in soccer understands that Hiddink is a magnificent achiever and someone whose names stand for perpetual success. So I think that focused people's attention, all around the world, on how Australia might do in qualifying.

"Then if you take the drama and the romanticism of the win over Uruguay it seems to me that Australia has become an easy team for the neutrals to support.

"Everyone I speak to seems to have a good word for Australia in a sporting sense and lots of decent judges have identified them as a team which could make a surprising impact in Germany.

"I can't claim to know the first-choice team player by player, yet, but I know about the majority of top players and I'm aware that most of Australia's key men play in leagues scattered all around the world.

"Given the difficulties we in Brazil face with that same problem and travelling to and from qualifying matches or friendlies, I do find it remarkable that a slightly smaller soccer nation like Australia can achieve all that they have done.

"The evidence is that Hiddink has achieved a unified and winning mentality in his team. That's impressive and it's a little dangerous, too.

"Literally everywhere he's gone, Valencia, Real Madrid, PSV, Korea, Australia, Hiddink has been a byword for popular, winning football and I respect that," the Barcelona No.10 said.

"Not many coaches get the kind of phone calls he's been getting from FC Barcelona, from Real Madrid, from Roman Abramovich and from the Football Association.

"He's in demand because he's a coach who achieves massive success, who has won the European Champions League and who took Korea to the brink of the World Cup final four years ago.

"I hope that when we play Australia we can break this habit of his and defeat them but both before and after our game in Munich I'll be watching Hiddink's team with interest to see how they do."

:nw: :nw: Hiddink :nw: :nw:

Greece should get him after Russia!

• 2 weeks later...

japan is 1-0 up after some serius help from the ref(he is from egypt)

i appears that everytime a sushi player falls down they get a freekick! even when they(sushi) jump to get a header(wich they normaly would not be able to) he(the ref) lets them hang on to the aussis back! :LOL: :LOL:

what a freaking joke i am also loosing money on this game but ofcourse the aussis should come out and press the sushi players or else they are done!

next up is croatia and brazil :P :P

yes yes yes!!!!!

i won money on the game!! :tup: :nw: :nw:

i had australia to win by min. 2 goals!

thank you very much!

plus after the sushi goal i put money(about 10 euros) on the aussis to win the game!! and got my money back 7 times :nw: :nw: :tup: :tup:

what a good day it started by my chief letting me and me partner go home 0930 from work to enjoy the weather as he said :nw: :tup: :D :P

and normaly we go to work 0700 so i only had about 1 hour of work(+ 1,5 drinking coffee)

:whistle: :whistle:

yes yes yes!!!!!

i won money on the game!! :tup:  :nw:  :nw:

i had australia to win by min. 2 goals!

thank you very much!

plus after the sushi goal i put money(about 10 euros) on the aussis to win the game!! and got my money back 7 times :nw:  :nw:  :tup:  :tup:

what a good day it started by my chief letting me and me partner go home 0930 from work to enjoy the weather as he said :nw:  :tup:  :D  :P

and normaly we go to work 0700 so i only had about 1 hour of work(+ 1,5 drinking coffee)

:whistle:  :whistle:

For those Greek hating Australians saying we dont deserve to be in the World Cup - hmmm let see:

Australia beats Greece.....

Australia beats Japan....

Greece couldnt beat Japan.......

I seriously sense an upset I see Hiddink doing what Otto doing with Greece.

I have put money on australia making the quarter finals at least.

As for Aloisi hmmm...... I thought his leg was buckled?

GO AUSTRALIA!!!!

Posted Image

Well now I'm quite impressed by Australia's performance to Japan.

After all I did post that the Aussies have little chance to advance, but they have Croatia to contest with. I hope for all Greek-Aussie fans to see them (Australia) to go thru to the last 16. :)

brazil is out!

they should have 3-1 atleast today and this performance i simply can not see brazil as any kind of favourite!

if they advance they will meet much better teams like italy and the czech!

and with this sort of performance they are done !

For those Greek hating Australians saying we dont deserve to be in the World Cup - hmmm let see:

Australia beats Greece.....

Australia beats Japan....

Greece couldnt beat Japan.......

I seriously sense an upset I see Hiddink doing what Otto doing with Greece.

I have put money on australia making the quarter finals at least.

As for Aloisi hmmm...... I thought his leg was buckled?

GO AUSTRALIA!!!!

Posted Image

hmmm, so Australia beats a Greek team in transition, at home in front of 95,000, 1-0 and that makes them better??? As for winning it... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: They won't even qualify from the group!!!!!!!! Stick to cricket!

Brazil was NOT disappointing.. They played under an obvious tactical discipline and even Ronaldinho was pressing for the ball when Croatia had it... Croatia by the way seemed to me a very good team ---like TURKEY in 2002--- and there's only one thing they should do, bring in Olic instead of Prso... They are a very good team..

It's such a shame that while any two of GERMANY, ENGLAND, ECUADOR, SWEDEN, POLAND and PARAGUAY will be in the quarters while at least two of CZECH REP, BRAZIL, ITALY, CROATIA will be eliminated in the Last 16... <_< This year's World Cup draw is horrible... :(

hmmm, so Australia beats a Greek team in transition, at home in front of 95,000, 1-0 and that makes them better??? As for winning it...  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:  They won't even qualify from the group!!!!!!!! Stick to cricket!

ok what abpout against Japan in the Confed cup?

Anyways im worried about the Cro's more than the Brazilians

Who said anything about winning it? I said we can make the quarters at least :)

Archived