Phantis Forums

Goumenos selling PAOK?

Ziaka

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How good is Anastasiadis ??? The guy is a freaking legend. That is what it is to be PAOK, you give anything for the team.

Looks like Savvidis has decided to buy PAOK from what I understand, and I don't think he will be paying all that much for the privilege also (Sucked in Goumenos and co). He will be in Greece today to finalise it all (lets hope). Will be good to have a president that has a connection to the club. Not like these other kleftes.

I always considered Anastasiadis one of the biggest PAOKtsides out there. Sure he has made some mistakes in the past, but no one can question his love for the team that is called PAOK.

As for Savvidis, he is expected in Thessaloniki on Friday. Lets see what happens when he shows up.

Looks like Savvidis has decided to buy PAOK from what I understand, and I don't think he will be paying all that much for the privilege also (Sucked in Goumenos and co).

Right, but I hope he is willing to pay for all the outstanding debts to various players, coaches, etc. I also hope that with him all th eplayers will be paid on time so we don't find ourselves in the same situation.

After the latest developments, the Savvidis option is out of the window as well. The reason is that yesterday the Savvidis group has promised to cover the collateral in order to get the 6 million Euro loan that PAok was to get from Ethniki Bank. At the last minute today the lawyers for Savvidis withdrew this promise and as a result PAOK lost UEFA Cup. With this action I believe Savvidis lost his chance to buy PAOK.

Savvidis is currently in Athens and is waiting for a plane to Thessaloniki according to a report on Radio Metropolis. Reporters from Metropolis asked him if he came to buy PAOK, and Savvidis said that yes if they are selling. When asked why they did not give garantees to PAOK yesterday so PAOk could play in UEFA Cup, he said he knows nothing about it. This whole Savvidis deal smells like a big pappas to me.

After the latest developments, the Savvidis option is out of the window as well. The reason is that yesterday the Savvidis group has promised to cover the collateral in order to get the 6 million Euro loan that PAok was to get from Ethniki Bank. At the last minute today the lawyers for Savvidis withdrew this promise and as a result PAOK lost UEFA Cup. With this action I believe Savvidis lost his chance to buy PAOK.

He did that?But why?Is the buying cheaper if Paok miss the uefa?

The question is if Savvidis knew about it or not. It might have been a trick by his representative in Greece Papadopoulos.

My personal opinion is that PAOK did not get the license for UEFA Cup because of their stance concerning the new Super League. It's no accident that 5 minutes after the EPO announcement the Super league backers Atromitos and Larisa made ironic annoncements about PAOK missing the UEFA Cup.

Savvidis arrived in Thessaloniki. Right now he is at the Makedonia airport, which is filled with PAOK fans. Savvidis has told the press that he was not aware of the UEFA problems and that he has instructed his lawyer Lykourezos to prepare a guarantee to be given to EPO so they can overturn their decision. He also said that he will meet with Katsaris to discuss the purchase of PAOK.

Katsaris and Savvidis met at 1 a.m. Greek time this morning. Savvidis told Katsaris that his inetntios are to buy PAOK, and that he also wants buy Toumba Stadium. Katsaris told heim that this is not quite possible under the current law, and that any deal involving the stadium will have to be accomplished through the erasitexni PAOK.

They also talked about PAOK and the UEFA Cup problem. Savvidis prommised the 6 million Euro needed by Monday, so EPO can make their final decision.

Another meeting is sceduled today, with Savvidis using his new lawyer Lykourezos present at the negotiations.

Talks between Savvidis and AS PAOK have ended for now. They will wait until the elections for AS PAOK take part, so they can resume negotiations with the new AS PAOK board. Thois elections will take part on Wednesday.

Just wanting to gage everyone’s opinion on Savvidis. While I know he is the only one currently interested in PAE, it worries me that he wants the ground for 49 years. Also what happens if he decides not to stay involved with the club after a period of time? Does he still retain the rights? Who would want the club then? Considering how many times PAOK has changed ownership in the last few years a long-term owner seems a bit difficult to believe. ;)

It's true. Savvidis is the only one that has showed any real interest in buying PAOK. Basically all he would buy right now is 18 million Euro of debt. No normal person would buy something with that much debt unless there was something that in the future would make money for the investor. And that something is nothing else than the new PAOK stadium.

As for the 49 years owning the stadium, I am not sure how that would work. It would be something similar to the new Karaiskaki deal that Olympiakos made. However there is a big difference, Olympiakos never owned the land or the old Karaiskaki. PAOK owns Toumba and the land that it sits on.

Whoever buys us will have to biuild a new stadium in order to make the team more profitable. Don't forget that even Goumenos was dreaming of building the new Toumba. The only difference is that he never had any money to start with and in the process destroyed the team, which in return turned the fans on him.

Savvidis on the other hand supposedly has some money. Some sources say he is worth 70 milion Euro. That's 70 million more than Goumenos had.

I have no problem with Savvidis buying PAOK, but there needs to be some guarantees given by him to AS PAOK with respect to the stadium, the team, and other issues dealing with PAOK.

I have seen that Rostov page too, but don't forget it's only a fan forum, where everyone can write whatever pleases them. For expample it did not take long for an Aris fan to get in there and post some useless garbage.

Like I said before, Savvidis might be a good option, but PAOK people will need to be very carefull and not give out the store. There will need to be some check and balances about Savvidis, so he does not turn out to be a bigger crook than the last few we had.

Archived