Phantis Forums

Goumenos selling PAOK?

Ziaka

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pegasus is controlled by the Bobolas family through a nearly 73 percent shareholding.

George Bobolas and his two children, Fotios and Maria, own more than a dozen publications and a 21 percent state in a leading private television station, Mega.

The family also controls Aktor and Hellenic Technodomiki, construction companies that were heavily involved in state-financed infrastructure projects in preparations for the 2004 Games.

Pegasus said Monday that changes in media ownership rules had forced it to seek a buyer.

Rumors that Pegasus would be sold for an estimated €200 million, or $261.4 million, led the company's shares to rally more than 20 percent on Friday. Shares in other Bobolas holdings showed similar gains, leading market regulators to halt trading of Pegasus stock on Monday.

"PEGASUS" WENT TO ANGELOPOULOS

Athens, 17 January 2005 (14:26 UTC+2)

Giorgos Bobolas' company Pegasus to which belong, among others, the dailies Ethos and Imerisia, a number of magazines as well as, a considerable part of the Mega television station shares and the agency Europe is in the hands of businessman Thodoros Angelopoulos.

The Athens Stock Exchange requested to be briefed on the issue and temporarily suspended the trading of the Pegasus shares. The decision was reached after information that the company's composition of shareholders will change following a letter by the company stating that it has entered negotiations with businessman Thodoros Angelopoulos.

The Athens Stock Exchange announced that the decision to suspend the trading of Pegasus shares was reached to ensure that the market will continue to operate smoothly and investors will be adequately informed.

During the visit with Katsaris today, the fans put forward a proposal where Pagonis would sell his 38% of the shares to Savvidis, and together with the 10% of shares that AS PAOK controls they would have a controlling majority of shares. In that respect they would take Goumenos out of the picture.

They contacted Pagonis about it, and supposedly tommorrow lawyers for AS PAOK, Pagonis and Savvidis are to meet and discuss this proposal. At the very least this should force Goumenos to speed up whatever he is doing in Athens.

The announcement by the Aggelopoulos family basically said that they were approached about purchasing PAOK through a third person. I wonder who? They said that they were never really interested in PAOK.

Unforunately all this time Goumenos was just wasting his time and by doing so putting PAOK in big danger of destroying the team.

After the Aggelopoulos announcement PAE PAOK announced that they place the shares of the team in the hands of AS PAOK. AS PAOK will try to contact the people that expressed interest in PAOK before, such as Savvidis, Mamidakis and Psomiadis.

Things are looking very grave. It is almost certain that we will miss the UEFA Cup. Today we also lost our first player, Udese. AEK is allready looking into signing him. They also have their sights on Salpiggidis, but Salpiggidis said that he will wait some time before making any moves, hoping that the situation at PAOK will clear.

This is the most difficult time that PAOK finds himself in the 80year history.

From what I have been told looks like Savvidis is front-runner. He should be able to get the shares for nothing now. But I don't think he has the cash to really help the club all that much.

As for Udeze going to AEK. I remember Kofi Abonsa leaving PAOK to go to AEK where is he now??? I also remember a young Theodoridis on the verge of a national team call up leaving PAOK to go to PAO, did he ever get off the bench. I just hope that Udeze, Fuetchine & Egomitis are the only players that we lose.

From what I have been told looks like Savvidis is front-runner. He should be able to get the shares for nothing now. But I don't think he has the cash to really help the club all that much.

As for Udeze going to AEK. I remember Kofi Abonsa leaving PAOK to go to AEK where is he now??? I also remember a young Theodoridis on the verge of a national team call up leaving PAOK to go to PAO, did he ever get off the bench. I just hope that Udeze, Fuetchine & Egomitis are the only players that we lose.

Savvidis is the definite front-runner and although I agree with you in that I don't expect big things from him, if he can stabilize the club and hold on to Salpi as well as some of our other key youngsters, at least we will live to fight another day as they say.

Udese was told to wait until Wednesday just in case there is some movement in the sale of the team.

This period we will find out what players will be loyal to the team. My opinion is that some players will jump ship. Feutchine and Udese allready did. Not a big loss as far as Feutchine is concerned. I wonder if PAO will be interested now as they were last year. I believe not. As for Udese, he is one player Id' hate to lose.

My hope is that players such as Giasemis, Ekgomitis, Maladenis, Tochoroglou become history due to this process.

It appears that Goumenos days at PAOK are over. Supposedly he and Pagonis handed over their shares of the team to AS PAOK. Unconfirmed reports say that Goumenos sold his house in Oreokastro and is nowhere to be seen. It's up to AS PAOK to take the team out of the difficult situation.

Rumors are that Ivan Savvidis is planning to come to Thessaloniki by Friday in order to talk about PAOK again. On Extra Sport half hour ago they also said that the Karamanlis together with Orfanos are trying to bring in some bussinisman to take over PAOK, but thta this will take some time.

In the meantime PAOK has until Friday to make some moves in order to get the OK for the UEFA Cup.

Latest news is that AS PAOK (erasitexnis) have acquired the PAE PAOK shares from Goumenos and Pagonis. They are now in comntrol of 77% of the shares of PAE PAOK.

In the meantime AS PAOK will form a provisional management group, consisting of Katsaris, Koudas, Kalyvas, Vezyrtzis, Kalafatis, and Apnteliadis and others, that will run PAE PAOK on temporary basis. This provisional group will ask the government to get assurances that they will not be held accoutable for the current debt by PAE PAOK.

At the same time Katsaris announced that they are in contact with EPO and Gagatsis in order to come to some kind of agreement in order for PAOK to be able to take part in the UEFA Cup. Katsaris also said that they are in contact with Savvidis about the possible sale of the team to the Russian based bussinisman/politician.

In other developmens, the ex-PAOK coach Aggelos Anastasiadis has announced that he will not demand the 200,000 Euro that the team still owes him in order not to create problem as far as the UEFA Cup license is concerned. he also said that he will try to persuade ex-PAOK players Koutsis, Markos, Theodoridis in order to cooperate so PAOk can get the license.

Archived