Phantis Forums

Xsanthi - Olympiakos

Montreal_Thrillos

OPOIOS DEN EIDE TO PAIXNIDI, KALUTERA NA MHN ANAFER8EI STO AGWNISTIKO KOMMATI TOU. TO RADIO PRAGMATIKA DEN METRAEI CH-THRINE. DUSTUXWS TA PRAGMATA EINAI PLEON POLU SOVARA. PARA POLU!! TA TELEUTAIA 10 XRONIA DEN 8UMAMAI KATI TETOIO. OUTE SE EPOXES PARAGKAS.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everybody is talking about the referees deciding the game, but they forget one thing ((I too read the comment in Sportime about the lack of fair play)

But you forget 2 things

Until the Rivaldo goal on the 75 minute Xanti did not score, the referee was not to blame

and the other thing is that what decided the game was the great talent of Rivaldo , I do not know if he fell without being fouled because I did not see it and I heard the radio from a Xanti man' but everybody can fall but not everybody can take a FK like Ribbo does

Yesterday there were 4 Brazilians , stars of their NT , and they could not win a Cup game

Today RIbbo which is despised by the NT coach did it single handed , the 2rd time in 8 days

Way to go , Ribbo :king:

Ribo realised that he's got a chance to go to the World Cup, that 's why we are unbeatable.

PAO fans complain about the referee one more time, I don't know how crucial his decisions were, but I would suggest they start distributing DVDs with Rivaldo's goals to their players. When they start scoring this type of goals then we talk about the refs.

With the exception of 2-3 OSFP fans (you know who you are), without the slightest generalisation the rest here are a combination of any of the following:

i) brainwashed

ii) blind

iii) thick

iv) ampalloi

v) eukolopistoi

vi) proswpolatres

I should hope that not many people are thick! I like to believe that most Greeks have a basic level of intelligence and common sense. I apologise if ladies get offended by this ;)

With the exception of 2-3 OSFP fans (you know who you are), without the slightest generalisation the rest here are a combination of any of the following:

i) brainwashed

ii) blind

iii) thick

iv) ampalloi

v) eukolopistoi

vi) proswpolatres

I should hope that not many people are thick! I like to believe that most Greeks have a basic level of intelligence and common sense. I apologise if ladies get offended by this ;)

most of us in here dont bother listening to the stupid refs exzcuses anymore.,,,10 years is a lot of crying about the refs stories comign from the greens ,,

there comes a time when babies eventually up until the age of 2-3 stop crying

with the exeption of some PAO fans who actually watch soccer .. the rest of

pao fans cry well into adulthood...

In all seriousness though,, get some quality players and win some games and then come see us till then,, keep bitching about the refs and benefitting from free penalties like we always get and keep shut about it ,

3 rd free kick goals in the past 8 days

now in baseball in the American League we have wuts called the DH

u think Fifa can change the rules a bit for an extra specialty lol

i hear ppl again bitching about the ref

Kasneferies if i remember correctly F***ed Olympiakos over a few years bak for the title

so he ain't Olympiakos

and the refs stinks overall i mean look at the super bowl

anywayz Olympiakos moves on !!!!

pame gia double

Ribo is also making a strong pitch for that NT spot for Brazil in the summer

Ethics gaurakia, where are your ethics? Fair play is an unwritten rule of football re paidia. You may have been the better team, but still the better team does not always win in football. Xanthi were denied a chance to cause an upset because your players saw fit to ignore the fair play, because it suited them to. I wounder if it was the other way around what you would be saying. I find it disappointing, that this has occurred. :nono:

Ethics gaurakia, where are your ethics? Fair play is an unwritten rule of football re paidia. You may have been the better team, but still the better team does not always win in football. Xanthi were denied a chance to cause an upset because your players saw fit to ignore the fair play, because it suited them to. I wounder if it was the other way around what you would be saying. I find it disappointing, that this has occurred. :nono:

agreed re file.. agreed 100%... ur the only one in here tho who has not mentioned the ref... wht the hell has the ref got to do with this decision tht everyone else is whining on about...

alexch, epeidi pisteuw oti anikeis stin katigoria twn eksairesewn pou anaferw pio panw, tha se rwtisw:

To eides to mats? H' to akouses? H' to diavases sta site?

kai to eida kai diavasa polles apopseis diaforon... kai pisteuw oti ksero arketi balla gia na afiso kai tin dikia mou aposi edo... apopsi einai tpt parapano... alla den nomizo pos o diatitis exei na kanei tpt me tin fasi... esy exeis alli apopsi kai tin sevomai ok...

sto kato kato o gauros exei paiksei asxima teleutaia paidia kai an sunexisoume etsi tha erthei to Boom.. ti diatites, ti fair-play ktl ktl, prepei na arxisoume na piazoume ligh balitsa pali... kai xoris na upotimiso kamia ksanthi, i kalithea, tetoies omades prepei na tis katharizoume aneta...

no offence to ur team and ur club and i dun want the gaurakia to jump at me and attack my team bc i know and admit we arent any better...

but i hope u all realise ur team is in a shambles if u have to rely on a 33 year old to keep on saving u! especially if ur playing s%$#!

When you look at the match the Xanthi player takes a dive and lies on the floor :whistle: :whistle:

This does not come under the fair play rules because he faked it :tdown:

Olympiakos was terrible for the entire 90 minutes BUT we have a LEGEND called Rivaldo :nw:

OPOIOS DEN EIDE TO PAIXNIDI, KALUTERA NA MHN ANAFER8EI STO AGWNISTIKO KOMMATI TOU. TO RADIO PRAGMATIKA DEN METRAEI CH-THRYLE. DUSTUXWS TA PRAGMATA EINAI PLEON POLU SOVARA. PARA POLU!! TA TELEUTAIA 10 XRONIA DEN 8UMAMAI KATI TETOIO. OUTE SE EPOXES PARAGKAS.

thats exactly what i was saying in my post. and if you have read some of my other posts you should know, that i never judge anything as far as i haven't seen it.

so the problem with all this is, as far as i understood it from your posts:

1st osfp ignored the fair play

2nd the foul on rivaldo wasn't one

right?

so did i say anything else in my earlier post that was against these two things? in the radio they didn't say much about the foul. they just said that it was another "amfisvitoumeni fasi". and they also said, that there have been several occasions (for both sides) where the ref and linesmen made a wrong decision. so there could have been other chances for both teams. and about rivaldos dive as you say: i don't know if antzas (was it him?) touched him or not. but this kind of actions are used in football. and just because ribo gets the freekick there, doesn't mean he will score. this just shows his quality. and i doesn't automatically mean that we win the match.

about the fair play i must say that it doesn't really make me proud to here that we didn't apply it. <_<

@ adonis: simply because he is 33 does it mean he plays bad? look at other teams:

juve: nedved 33, pessoto 35, thuram 34

milan: Cafu 35, maldini 37, costacurta 39!, staam 33, costa 33, ... (average of nearly 32!!!)

we have a very high average and i don't need anyone else to tell me that. but imo this argument doesn't stand anymore nowadays. the young and talented players might be in the press more and more, but where do they learn all the stuff if not from older players? all the treatment the players get allow them to play longer than in the past. and if someone is able to help the team why shouldn't he keep playing?

but back to the match. does any not-gavros in here think that we are all happy when we win and everybody else is just talking about the refs and their decisions? don't you think we are sick of these arguments? maybe some aren't but i am. i'd rather lose some matches instead of having to read the about the refs in the match report. i'd rather see my getting an embarassing loss against a small team instead of reading their announcements and statements after every match we played. our team is performing very bad at the moment and i would loke to see us playing great football again and winning the matches without any doubt, because we were better. not because some ref took a game deciding decision.

The clip of the goal is in the Amon site

you can find it in the first thread of the @pinned@

Not only the goal but also a nice heel pass ("takonaki")

I have not seen the foul and I do not know if it existed or no, as i said in my last post

As long as the ref did not scored the amazing FK himself, the credit for the win go to Ribbo

and as not to offend the ladies, i am the only lady around i believe, and why suoould i get offended by some comment of somebody who did not bother to look at the mirror before talking about blind and brainwashed

No offense meant, i was just answering a provocative remark

Anybody who is not blind can see the talent of Rivaldo , he will be 34 in 2 months (19/4/)

You are probably all very young and do not know that there are life even behind 35 , before the geriatric ward

I wish RIbbo a long healthy life, and some more years of football

As it takes him now a lot longer to recover from injuries, i can understand his caution (early falling, he never did such things before) but that does not mean that he just falls all the time like some players do (no need to mention names, and I an not thinking Greek league now)

I am very superstitious when it comes to football, i hope all the praise will not jinx him (a lot of evil eyes around)

so the problem with all this is, as far as i understood it from your posts:

1st osfp ignored the fair play

2nd the foul on rivaldo wasn't one

No I never said anything about the fair-play. In fact, what I said is that I don't think is related to the goal, since there was some playing time in between. My post was more general, about the attitude of the referee throughout the game. Only people that have critically watched the game would understand what I am talking about. Because things have turned out this way culminating over the past few games, unfortunately all the actions of the referee are on the line and critisisms are unavoidably exaggerated.

Another comment about the game

http://www.bam.gr/news.jsp?newsID=38320

It says many things about the playing of Oly, non of them good

here is the link' read for yourselves and translate it if possible

An interesting point was about the marking (tackling)

This was non existent according to the writer of this comment

The only one who did it was Rivaldo (??!!)

He made a defensive effort until the 93th minute in order not to lose all the work done (as he knew happened in Rosenberg or in the first game against Xanti)

Well, good for him, but a player can win some gamesd for a team, but not ALL the games

He can get exhausted, can get injured , heavens forbid, player like that is also vulnerable for hard marking because everybody knows how important he is

SO, it is obvious and no need for me or everyone else to say no more

The team has to improve in all fronts

Today it is mostly Rivaldo and 10 more, especially if Stoltidis and Kafes are missing (with all due respect to Djole and others)

About the non existing defense all has been said

I just hope the the coach is aware of the situation and that something will be done

In the meanwhile, thank the Lord for Rivaldo

Archived