Phantis Forums

Theo Zagorakis Thread

Irlandos

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is awesome stuff Zagorakis back at Paok...the fans at Toumba will be roaring, he alone will multiply ticket sales...well done Paok.

He's a true leader and should take on a coaching role with Paok later on, we may even have a Greek NT coach in the making.

GK - TOUCHORPGLOU

LB - KOYTSOPOULOS

CB- KARAPUDIS

CB- UDEZE

RB - AKIEL

LM - SIKABALA

CM -ZAGORAKIS

CM - ILLIADIS

RM - FEUTSINI

CF - MEICEL

CF- SALPIGIDIS

seems like a good theoretical line up. If Feutsini leaves the club, will Megahead get the ok for RM? He seems like a 80'/game player.

Zagorakis has not signed yet.

Zagorakis has made an announcement saying that he is a player of Bologna with one year left on his contract, and that he intends on honoring that contract. This might be tactical move on his part (I hope), in order to be released by Bologna without compensation.

It seems Bologna was really bothered by the rumors on Theo and his apparant contract offers from clubs across Europe (including paok) Theo also posted a translation in Italian, and made it clear he wants to abide by the contract.

From 7th heaven back down to reality paokia, how sad.

It seems Bologna was really bothered by the rumors on Theo and his apparant contract offers from clubs across Europe (including paok) Theo also posted a translation in Italian, and made it clear he wants to abide by the contract.

Zagorakis had no other option. By FIFA rules he can't talk to any other teams unless his current contract expires in 6 months. If Bologna wanted to screw with him and they could prove he talked to other teams, he could face stiff penalties. All Zagorakis is doing is covering his ass.

Sooner or later Zagorakis will end up in PAOK's jersey.

I hope it will be sooner rather than later. today Georgiadis was released from OSFP, from UEFA.com

Georgiadis shown the door

Sunday, 26 June 2005

Veteran Greek midfielder Georgios Georgiadis has been released by Alpha Ethniki champions Olympiacos CFP. The 33-year-old winger made 44 appearances over two campaigns at the Georgios Karaiskakis stadium, contributing nine goals, before his season was cut short by knee ligament damage in March. Olympiacos have signed two right-wingers, Charilaos Pappas and Anastasios Kyrgiakos, since claiming their eighth title in nine years last month, and have decided not to offer Georgiadis an extension. ..........

so those rumors of him, Zagorakis and Vryzas joining to run PAE PAOK could start up again

Georgiadis and Zagorakis! Sorry boys but my personal opinion is, we only need Zagorakis to bring in the "Theatre fans" these are the fans that only turn up when we play the 3 big clubs from Athens or European games! Is it worth it?

Zagorakis is 34-35 his time as a footballer is coming to an end, at 400k I feel we can invest in a couple of up and coming young players.

Georgiadis is in the same boat even worst he is coming off a serious knee injury!

These players claim that they want to finish at PAOK but let's be honest these players are coming for the re-tirement package, if they love PAOK so much why not stay when we needed them. Why did Zagorakis say if "I go back to Greece I will go to PAOK" while playing in England, were did he go AEK, So much for the respect to the team that made him and also honoured him by having him as captain,

Georgiadis " I will never play at OSFP" were did he go!

PAOK did well in the second half of the year, we have a good coach and have kept our best player Salpigidis, I say no more veterans at Paok, Sign young players and keep them on good contracts, we have to stop them from leaving and playing for our rivals then buying them back!

If they want to finish, finish at AEK and OSFP that's where they went, we are a football club not hotel for the aged.

They could have been kings in Saloniki but they chose to puppets in Athens.

NO one plays for a club everyone plays for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

You're right james. Everyone plays for money. After all it's a business, and the sooner some of these clubs realise the better. Teams need to be financialy stable in order to keep and buy the good players. Tactics used by the types of Batatoudis, Goumenos usualy backfire in the end.

As for Zagorakis, everything depends on Bologna. He has a contract with them for one more season. If they release him, since they might not be willing to pay him 900K playing in Serie B, than he will sign the contract with PAOK. Bologna seeing that there might be interest from other teams, they might try to sell him. In this case I don't see PAOK being able to pay Bologna for Zagorakis. I think in the end this whole situation will be resolved in PAOK's favour. I just don't see Bologna keepeing Zagorakis at the current salary while they play in B' division.

As far as Georgiadis is concerned, he will most likely sign with Iraklis for 2 years. I still have to say that he made a big mistake for ditching PAOK two years ago and going to Olympiakos. Two years ago he was the leader of our team, and he went for the money.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be freaking awesome! Come on, lets now officially hear some great news!

I'm feeling really good about our upcoming season. With Zagorakis, Iliadis, Shikabala, and Salpi, I think we can compete for a Champions League spot, and actually sell some tickets at Toumba!

This is such a pyschological boost for Paok who have been dealt with so much negativity in the past year

Zagorakis brings along his professionalism and greatness

he will sell many jersey's and tickets as well

he will more importantly create a winning atmosphere for Paok and we all know he isn't just going to get his weekly wages and just chill

he will work hard to improve the state of the club

Zagorakis in his mind needs to prove something

he wants to do something special with Paok and i applaud the greatest Captain in Greece history for trying

Yes PAOK_001, if we sign him now, I see no reason why he couldn't play at the start of the season.

it will be really good if zagorakis signs with paok.i hope that will happen for you guys.

we can all agree on one thing here

Zagorakis return will provide a much needed Injection into the blood of Paok

we are looking at a potentially strong Greek league season

its still early but looks very interesting

we can all agree on one thing here

Zagorakis return will provide a much needed Injection into the blood of Paok

we are looking at a potentially strong Greek league season

its still early but looks very interesting

so true, Paok seems to be getting stronger this year along with AEK!!!

Also Xanthi looks good as well :tup:

i hope to see a strong League this season

I agree Hollywood. For the first time in a long time it seems...they'll be a bit of parody in the league this year. There was last year as well to a certain degree with the top position being decided amongst 3 teams in the last few weeks.

This year however is turning (hopefully) out to be one where quite a few teams have a chance to do very well not just domestically but also in UEFA and CL.

Today it was announced in Italy that Torino and Messina did not get a license toplay in Serie A, which means that Bologna will remain in Serie A. This will complicate the Zagorakis issue. Bologna now might not be willing to release him from his contract.

Torino and Messina have the option to appeal this ruling. Bologna startes pre-seson training on Monday.

i think he won't be coming to PAOK anymore, i think it was just a coup by management to try and sell more season tickets.

now that Bologna is in serie a, what was the whole point of them being in a playoff and Zagorakis missing confed. cup games because of it

Archived