Phantis Forums

Theo Zagorakis Thread

Irlandos

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rumours of the last few days are true: Theo Zagorakis is back for the next two years:

From SportAction

From ERT (In English)

Here's the thing that gets me......

He's supposed to go back to POAK for 2 years and possibly finish out his carrer there......

BUT Do you honestly think people that he's going to see that money that they are offering him????

:LOL:

------------- Ziaka don't kill me for making that commnet! :D --------------

I have nothing against PAOK, but is this the best choice for Zagorakis?? doesn't he have any offers from other European teams?? let's not forget that he was voted as the best player during the Euro tournament! PAOK is too small for him now!

He will be paid 400K per year for two years. Rumors are that one option is for him to be paid in shares of PAE PAOK.

One of the rumors going around is that Zagorakis, Vryzas and Georgiadis will eventually become the trio that will run PAE PAOK.

With that in mind, and considering that he is 34 years old, he will end his career at PAOK, which always was his dream. I see him and possibly the other two I mentioned above to become involved in PAE PAOK in some capacity.

Welcome back arxige. This is the best that could have happened to PAOK currently.

Posted Image

One of the rumors going around is that Zagorakis, Vryzas and Georgiadis will eventually become the trio that will run PAE PAOK.

best news i've heard in here for a while. considering his age, it's the best career move for him, he'll be playing regular football and will improve the team. I definately think Vryzas will be back with PAOK maybe not next year but the year after maybe, he also stated in an interview that he would like to do so, don't know if it's the same with Georgiadis but that would be nice too.

I have nothing against PAOK, but is this the best choice for Zagorakis?? doesn't he have any offers from other European teams?? let's not forget that he was voted as the best player during the Euro tournament! PAOK is too small for him now!

I hear what you're saying Iliana..to think that this player was voted the MVP at Euro, to have completed a good year at Bologna, you would think that he has a few more lofty goals in mind. Well, as surprised as I am with this move I'd have to say that ultimately it was his decision to come back and no one else's. He's obviously not coming back for the money but for the love of the team and it's fans.

I think it's a commendable move on his part. Too bad there aren't more players like this in the A' Ethniki.

The rumours of the last few days are true: Theo Zagorakis is back for the next two years:

From SportAction

From ERT (In English)

Here's the thing that gets me......

He's supposed to go back to POAK for 2 years and possibly finish out his carrer there......

BUT Do you honestly think people that he's going to see that money that they are offering him????

:LOL:

------------- Ziaka don't kill me for making that commnet! :D --------------

There is no problem with your post, it 's your opinion and PAOK have a history of not being able to pay players. But if PAOK doesn't make a move to get season ticket holders PAOK will remain in the <<lako>> for years to come. This is the only way out. We risk signing a big player and hope that we will fill the stadium for 15 weeks, we sign hoping that Zagorakis' European experience will carry us somewhere in the UEFA CUP. UEFA Cup is money, good money that Olympiakos and Panathiniakos have been seeing for years.

Otherwise? PAOK is in the hole by at least 10 million and will not see anything else for at least 5 years. This is too long for fans to wait, this is too long for Thessaloniki to wait. Then there is fan violence, empty stadiums and fines.

Right now, and dont forget that soccer is business, we practically have a monopoly in Northern Europe. Goumenos knows this. He is taking action.

I will also tell you that Theodoridis and (soon) Feutchini are not leaving PAOK this way because they are pissed off with the club. They are leaving to free money for the club. We have people that have made prosfygi for a while now. Kafe, Anastasiadi and now Fringer. These people will get paid and PAOK will clean it's reputation. This is a beginning. I hope a good one.

Teo is a PAOK fan. And I respect him both for having the @@ to admit it and try to finish his career there and for his career that took him through my club.

Zagorakis is one of the great Greek players that will never be forgotten and whose fate was unfair to his abilities just because he was born.... Greek!

I love the sport.

I was going to see AEK and caught myself forgetting where the ball was and observe the way he was guiding the team on and off the ball. !!!

I had a relevant discussion with a frind in here when Teo seemed to have a difficult season with AEK. I think he is one of the best players and "in the pitch" coach of his era

I only wnat to thank him for the great moments he offered all of us all these years and wish him good luck at whatever club he choses to go or he HAS to go .... because we all know he wants to goto PAOK

I also wish him to manage and GO at PAOK

Thanks Teo

Guest Protathlitis

I hope if he goes to Karaiskaki he wont get s%$#! thrown at him like Basinas did

Where is Thodori from? is he a Cretan or a Macedonian?

You got to be joking!!!!!

His 34 years old for god sake, no big team would want him and if a medi-core team like Bolton, Atlanta, Portsmouth wanted him, he wouldnt see any game time or as little as possible.... Him winning this award for best player in the euro tournament means nothing if your not a respectable age....

Anyways this is the best move for Paok and him as they would both benefit from this..

Paok gets a good player, and there son back

and

Zagorakis gets to play first team football for atleast 2 years which would be hard for him at any other "big team"

Congrats Paok, hope u guys can challenge for the title next year and make it intresting (4 way battle again) :tup:

Where is Thodori from? is he a Cretan or a Macedonian?

He's not Cretan he's from Kavala

I just realized that if the deal does go through and Vryzas joins him in a couple of years, there will be the national team captain and the second choice team captain both playing on the same club. wouldn't that be great for PAOK :tup:

Guest Protathlitis

He's not Cretan he's from Kavala

but was he cretan before that? obviously cos of the surename I mean

wait, he is from imathia or his name originates from the region ? (im pretty sure you mean the name, as im sure he is a kavalioti) either way, imathia and pieria is the area the ancient macedonians first dwelled upon.

good signing obviously, and im glad theo got his wish, i think defensively they've tied things a bit thuis far with the signings. mpaok is a few more signatures away from making the "bam" in the alpha division next season.

my best wishes, i've always had a soft spot for paok :P

does anybody think that now we have Zagorakis that other greek players will want to come so they can play with him (such as georgiadis, tsartas, any other older greek players) ...will those other players be worth it?

thoes other players wouldnt b worth it because they will take up valuble spots in ur team, and the younger guys will rot on ur bench or wouldnt see that much time...

i think jst having zagorakis and maybe vyzazes influence in your team is enough and really good for your youth... :tup:

Archived