Phantis Forums

PAO-Hraklis

Grace

Hmmm. If only Galinovich had made his way down to Iraklis penalty area in the 93d minute...

I watched the game and I am not sure what to say anymore. Iraklis had only two or three chances and made two goals. But that's the story of this season. Opponents score at will even with very few chances.

Today the team showed some poise and the players clearly were trying hard. Some of them can't overcome their own limitations. Gonzales, Leontiou, Pap, and Gekas played a good game and we had few chances to make more goals.

The team started once again with 10 players on the pitch. We didn't have a great game in the first half but we found ourselves behind in the score and equalized quickly. We had some chances to score again but we didn't.

In the second half we finally lined 11 players and a 4-3-3 formation that worked very well. We dominated and scored a very nice goal with Gekas. Once we scored we went to control mode and waited for the game to end. Once Papadopoulos was replaced by Charalabidis the formation went back to 4-4-2 and Iraklis controlled the game in midfield even though we had several chances to score again.

Some strange things happened in the second half. The Papadopoulos substitution turned out to be a big mistake (unless he was really injured). Once he came out, the right side of Iraklis advanced the ball at will after Papadopoulos vacated the area. Once Charalabidis came in he covered Right side of the midfield, Nilsson played as a second defensive half next to Leontiou, but once Iraklis scored he moved to left back leaving Darla to move more as a forward.

I am not sure if substituting Malezani would make a difference at this point, but I am convinced there are a couple of things that could improve this team in the short run:

1- Conceicao and Biscan can safely be kept out of the lineup until they earn the right to play.

2- We need to play to our strengths. Maybe go back to the 3-4-3 formation. Goumas Morris, Kotsios on defense would be more effective than our currently porous left and right defensive backs. We have five good players on offense. Start 3 in every game and see if we can outscore our opponents because we sure can't stop them from scoring.

3- Players need to keep their shirts tacked in, and their socks high.

Edit: Kisskiss posted some of the same thoughts as I was typing and listening to Malezani go balistic.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good move by letting Konstantinou and Basinas go in the off season..I have to say Biscan and Conceseio and Torgelle are great replacements.. :tdown:

Gekas and Papadopoulos are playing amazing they are showing there goal scoring talents. :tdown:

:Malazani and the Pao mangement should be MVP of the year for the most valuble Arhithia in the Greek league..I said it once and all say it again The management has destroyed this team ..What the hell do u want the Italo to do The team is disgusting they suck..We would be lucky to make Intertoto cup....We are going down hill and it will just get worse....Part two of the season starts soon we will be 16 points back by seasons end..We dont need a new coach we need a new team with new players get rid of everyone there are yia klamata...Bravo ston Olympiako ani ton Aek maybe they can do something in Europe next year cause we have no chance of playing ourselves!!!!

everyone should read what malezani and gonzalez said after the game...mb you all can sort yourselves right...mb i have a different prospective because i myslef am a competitive football player but EVERYONE IN HERE IS REDICULOUS....LOOK WHAT iS HAPPENING TO GREEK FOOTBALL, NOT JUST THE FOOTBALL BUT EVERYTHING SURROUNDING IT AS WELL...OUR FANS TODAY WERE DISGRACEFUL, THE MEDIA IS DISGRACEFUL, ALL OF THIS DISGRACEFUL...MALEZANIS RIGHT 24 COACHES IN 12 YEARS....WHAT THE ###### IS THAT?? THATS WHATS WRONG WITH GREEK FOOTBALL AND THIS IS WHY IS DOESNT GET BETTER...YOU WANT THE TEAM TO PLAY WELL TOGETHER SO EVERYONE GOES AND SHOWS OPPOSITION?? STICK WITH YOUR TEAM AND STICK WITH IT NO MATTER WHAT...THE PLAYERS SHOWED LOVE TODAY..LOVE FOR THE JERSEY, LOVE FOR THE TRIFILLI AND WE AS FANS DISGRACED THAT...they as players are trying to battle through a tough period of football and media and support and all we do is make it harder and harder on them...DO YOU SEE THIS KIND OF THING ANYWHERE ELSE IN WORLD OF FOOTBALL...ANY TOP LEAGUE IN EUROPE??? DO WE???...SAY ALL YOU WANT ABOUT MALEZANI, BUT HE CARES ABOUT THE TEAM, HE SEEMS TO CARE MORE THEN MOST OF THE FANS...WE AS FANS ARE JUST TOO NAIVE AND UNEDUCATED TO SEE IT...malezani is right...greek football, the media, the fans..ITS ALL A ZOO...IT A BUNCH OF PEOPL WHO DONT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT ANYONE OR ANYTHING AND JUST WANT TO BE SATIFIED NOW..THE SHORT RUN,....so veeryone will go...NEW COACH, NEW COACH, NEW COACH!!! but teh nhe may succeed for a half a year or maybe ever a year, BUT THEN WE HAVE PROBLEMS AGAIN AND THE COACH IS GONE....any team you are, whether real madrid or slovan liberec have to have a long stabnding coiach and system or else there will be no long run and short run SUCCESS...we are diseasing greek football by what we are doing and by firing malezani we will be doing nothing right and we will be taking two steps backward...we pretty much have a new starting 11 from last year, and our players, DESPITE what everyone says, are VERY VERY CAPABLE of playing well...we have alot of talented INTERNATIONAL players but we need TIME..not time like one or two months, REAL TIME...

lok at everywhere else in the word that has successful football, and greece does seem like a big JOKE and ZOO..and the problem is very evident, and a perfect example of it is right in front of us today!

now agree with my or disagree with me, but look at all the evidence and you will see i am right....

hell, i hate losing more then anyone and im pissed we have been in a very bad spell, but i understand the situation, i know whats going on and i know what we can do to solve the crisi panathinaikos and the rest of greece is in, but too many people are concerned with immediate satifaction, and sometimes, thats not what football is about...

I WILL SUPPORT PANATHINAIKOS THROUGH ANYTHING AND TILL THE DAY I DIE AND I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS, BUT THESE PEOPLE THAT DO THESE THINGD ARE NOT FANS, WHAT HAPPEN TODAY IS VERY SAD AND DISGRACEFUL AND I HOPE MORE PEOPLE ACKNOWLEDGE THAT!![]

Guest Protathlitis7

but you have to admit that melazani is a co****ker man. he even absolved himself of any blame after the bremen 5

we'll see what happens with sollied though. seeing as the fans supported him during the 4-1 to lyon it looks like he'll be staying on for at least another season

pao123:

I agree with you on many points specially about us Greeks being impatient with coaches and our mentality in general

I also agree with Malezani when he talks about the fans. I think the fans were wrong to do what they did. If you go the game you have to support the team. If you don't want to support the team STAY HOME.

But when you say

DO YOU SEE THIS KIND OF THING ANYWHERE ELSE IN WORLD OF FOOTBALL...ANY TOP LEAGUE IN EUROPE??? DO WE???...

YES. Where? In the country of Malezani himself.

How long do you think coaches have in Italy? If Milan or Juve performed as badly as PAO in the Italian league, how long would you think they keep their jobs?

History tells us that Italians are just as bad as us, as are their fans. Malezani should know that better.

But when you say

YES. Where? In the country of Malezani himself.

How long do you think coaches have in Italy? If Milan or Juve performed as badly as PAO in the Italian league, how long would you think they keep their jobs?

History tells us that Italians are just as bad as us, as are their fans. Malezani should know that better.

that doesn't mean that the Greek fans should do the same! I got very upset tonight when I heard about this!

PAO and Olympiacos' fans think that it's an easy job to win the championships and because they're big teams with history, they think it's the team's duty to win every time they play!

I support Malezani on what he said today 100%!

ahahah

P*****A!

wasnt a penalty either

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

actually inter stuck with mancini despite them being s%$#! last year.....they last far longer in italy, no question.

as for malesani's statements...

good for him. the press are being s%$#!, and its about time a coach stands up and says whats true and tells people to get off his back. he might have done a poor job preparing the team during the summer which is why we cant find form, but a little support wouldnt be bad....he only has vardinogiannis support...thats good but hes never going to get the chance...

Iraklis are a good team. they have some great players that could start for us like Prittas, Kapetanos, Lagos, and congrats to them on their point.

results are bad, but do people really think the ONLY thing controlling the teams performance is malesani? wake up......sometimes players just suck... players didnt play up to their standards at all during bremen, and couldnt stay together for iraklis...

deutera8lhths7- shutup already youre input is worthless. im tired of seeing your litter in the PAO forum. Im sure im not the only one.

Guest Protathlitis7

sorry drako ill try to post more serious posts about my beloved panathinaikos

also the difference between melanzani being a hyppocrite because of how the fans act in italy is than they have the best league in the world and we r s%$#!

I have new found respect for Malezani!!!!!!!!!!1 His a superstar

if he can swear at journalist after every game we play I dun care wat the result is he can stay for his 5 year plan!!!! :tup:

the penalty was a penalty - ive seen olympiakos get penalties for less and wat was with our disallowed goal at the end...gkekas was offside but he was nowhere near the ball...not sure if bidis was offside

And also - if I was on the bench and my coach called me up to warm up and get in the game I would go warm up and do some stretches etc - not like fukn Bidis how sits there doing his hair for 5 minutes before he enters the game! :LOL:

Going to the game to boo, is stupid, the least.

If you want to hurt the Vardinikolo, then do not give him your money, stay home.

So far the players, management, and coach (?) had disgraced our team.

Now add the fans to the list. :tdown:

NTPOTTH TOUS :angry:

PEACE

kala gegonos auto me tous reporter... kai goustaro osous krazoun tous ellines dhmosiografous... sxedon oloi den exoun kamia idea apo balla.. den leo oti ego eimai magkas i ta ksero ola etc etc alla toulaxiston den tha gino dhmosiografos... lol... thumamai to kraksimo pou eixi riksei o eleftheropoulos ston menio sakelaropoulo... po po poso to goustara auto :LOL:

Pao 123 :nw:

Loipon.....to offside tou Bidh itan ksekatharo....

To penalty tou Pap itan psilomoufa alla eksartatai aptin krisi tou diaititi ekeini ti stigmi...Ase pou exoun dothei xeirotera......

H karta ston Eki..... :tdown: Diladi itan to idio me ti fasi tou Tsirillo?

Stenaxwrithika me tin isopalia an kai paizame kala,alla de dikaiologoumaste giati o Hraklis itan aproponitos gia meres......

BRAVO stous 8000 pou pigan kai ferthikan san pragmatikoi PANATHINAIKOI....Oso gia tous ypoloipous... :tdown: Osoi den goustaroun na mi pigainoun gipedo alla aytoi pou apofasizoun na pane as pigainoun gia na stirizoun tin omada kai oxi gia na barainoun ta podia twn paixtwn akoma perissotero.....Ki as apodokimasoun sto telos an to apotelesma den einai to epithymito....Oxi nanai o Eki sto penalty kai na fwnazoun EKSW..... :angry:

Male,Eki.... :tup: EPITELOUS!!

Sti sinenteyksi typou piga na balw ta klamata opws tous eida.....Pisteyw oti an analabei o kathenas tis eythines tou,apo apopse mporei na ksekinisoun kalyteres meres....xameni einai i xronia as pane ston epomeno gyro dixws agxos kai as paiksoun oso kalytera ginetai....Ase ton Male na kanei ti douleia tou,bale ton Apostolakh dipla tou(mallon) na tous empsixwnei,brizei ktl.Bgale aptin PAE olous tous DITHEN Panathinaikous ap'ton prwto ws to teleytaio kai bale anthrwpous pou ponane tin omada kai pou exoun prosferei...Oxi san kapoious pou mou ebgainan sto Fws ktl.kai ekrazan tin omada kai ethaban...

Oso gia to thema tou Tzigger...de to sizitaw kan...Hdh prospathei na kanei tis parapanw kiniseis kai sto katw katw tha pistepsw ton Eki/Male kai oxi ton kathena...Ase pou an den noiazotan de tha ekane kiniseis gia diktyo 150 akadimiwn podosfairou s'oli tin Ellada wste na bgainoun ola ta talenta apo ekei.....Kai as mou pei enas edw mesa ti elege otan o Kokkalis eferne Ziovanni,Ze Hlias,carembeu,Rivaldo??Otan o Tzigger efere(epitelous!!)onomata oloi xoropidagame...e de mas bgikan re paidia kai ayta symbainoun pantou...kai panta diorthwnontai!

GENIKA fetos i omada thelei STIRIKSI...as doume mono ligo tsampouka ston epomeno gyro....

P.S.De kserw AN kai pote tha doume Bajievic alla sigoura de thelw na dw Persia kai Mpouroutzika.... :tdown:

how is it that the Italian screams and most of you say he's right ? :o

Can't you see that the more he stays the deeper we sink in the points table ?

Can't you see that if he is hurt or pissed off, it is because the fans curse at him because they are sick and tired of making us such a BORDELLO OF A TEAM ?

The fans wouldn't curse at him if he had quit his job already.

He talks about 24 coaches in 12 years. So what is you ###### point.

That you are the luckiest coach in Pao's history to survive after so many bad results ?

CAN'T YOU ALL SEE THAT HE IS SMART ENOUGH TO USE EVERYTHNIG HE CAN AGAINST THE ONES WHO KNOW THAT HE SHOULD HAVE GONE BY NOW ?

If he didn't care about the money, why is he not quiting. THIS IS WHY WE CURSE AT HIM. TO PISS HIM OFF AND LEAVE.

About Gonzales:

Tzigger told him to say those words. I don't belive him. He seems already fed up with everything.

About Derby ( Athlitiki Kyriaki)), We all know why it was created. To lead a diversion form the real Pao newspaper ATHLITIKI HXW. Tzigger backs up Derby so that he manipulates the funs.

ATHLITIKI HXW is strong enought to go against Tzziger when they see that he is wrong.

Anyway the point is that only INTERTOTO FOR NEXT YEAR.

-Some of you claim that we played well :blink:

-Some of you say that it was a penaldy

I don't want us to become the new Osfp winning with idiotic calls by the refs.

apostolakis will be instilled to help the team out..i think its a good move to get the players alittle more motivated..its important to have people in your staff that have a perfect view of the team and league and that know what is required...what better then apostolakis....

Malezani is right what the ###### has this team done in the past ten years this team stinks..I can honestly say we are the disgrace of Greek football....Bravo ston Iraklis pou mas g*****e stin edra mas..Bravo stin dikisi bou mas katastrpse tin omatha...Bravo ston Konstantinou pou ebiye ston Olympiako..Bravo ston Kyriako kai sto Seterides pou eben stin dikoisi sta @@ mou..Bravo ston epelle pou evale ena goal stin proin tou omatha...autoi omatha einai yia klamata then ftei o Malazani ftei o Tzigger kai kolitoi tou bou then ehoun @@ na agorasoun kalous paihteis.....

apostolakis will be instilled to help the team out..i think its a good move to get the players alittle more motivated..its important to have people in your staff that have a perfect view of the team and league and that know what is required...what better then apostolakis....

Actually Apostolakis coming back is the worst thing that could happen.

He has already been at PAO in the general manager capacity or coaching capacity and he failed. He has passed the test and was fired by the management so why is the same management repeating the same mistakes!!!!!!!

Never forget the problems Apostolakis caused us with Souza and Kiassos.

I give it one month before he falls out with Conceisao and some of the young players.

Hey, maybe finishing 3rd or 4th and getting to play in the Uefa Cup wont be such a bad thing. That way there will not be as much pressure, and Pao can rebuild a bit, as well as gain some confidence and results in Europe!!

You never know, but if they drop points in the next match, the season is over

IRAKLARA

IRAKLARA

IRA

IRA

OMATHARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:nw:  :nw:  :nw:  :nw:  :nw:  :nw:

Lol I think im the only Irakis fan in this forum, owell everyone needs some love we cant all be Gavroi, Vazeli, Aekzides and Paoksides

Bravo Iraklis for an unexpected draw against Europe's most "successful" club. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Iraklis is now in 6th place and have a chance to qualify for Uefa Cup, good luck Kalogries. ;)

Can't you see that if he is hurt or pissed off, it is because the fans curse at him because they are sick and tired of making us such a BORDELLO OF A TEAM ?

That you are the luckiest coach in Pao's history to survive after so many bad results ?

CAN'T YOU ALL SEE THAT HE IS SMART ENOUGH TO USE EVERYTHNIG HE CAN AGAINST THE ONES WHO KNOW THAT HE SHOULD HAVE GONE BY NOW ?

If he didn't care about the money, why is he not quiting. THIS IS WHY WE CURSE AT HIM. TO PISS HIM OFF AND LEAVE.

About Gonzales:

Tzigger told him to say those words. I don't belive him. He seems already fed up with everything.

About Derby ( Athlitiki Kyriaki)), We all know why it was created. To lead a diversion form the real Pao newspaper ATHLITIKI HXW. Tzigger backs up Derby so that he manipulates the funs.

ATHLITIKI HXW is strong enought to go against Tzziger when they see that he is wrong.

-Some of you claim that we played well :blink:

hes making good points.

24 coaches 12 years? Whats his point? If you are firing a coach every year that says somethings not right with the players. Has the system of short term fixes led us to "greatness" weve gone at last 9 of those 12 titleless.

His team plays like gaidoures in Germany and the press have pictures of plane tickets an alitalia planes. Tell me, how is that at ALL respectful. Its about time a coach stood up for himself and put the idiotic journalists in place. Everytime things dont go his way (AKA FOOTBALL SOMETIMES s%$#! HAPPENS) he gets the blame. You think its the "tactics" that we lost to Barca and werder so bad........cuz the players were the ones getting owned and being halfassed on their markings. Media unfairly influences the fans.

Its not that Malesani doesnt have ability. What are his players doing? Also factor in our team is having no damn luck and defenders are just shaky. I think the only think Malesani did wrong was misprepare the team during the summer. And its led to a bad begining and season.

as for intertoto- man we are in 4th and have a lot of time ahead...we will be in uefa at least.

alma- WAKE UP THERE ARE OTHER FACTORS THAN THE COACH INFLUENCING RESULTS AND THEY HAVE WAY MORE WEIGHT

and the tzigger conspiracy thing- its all bullshit. he doesnt tell eki to say things or anything as stupid as that and you know it. Vardinogiannis is a down to earth, strict, and intelligent decision maker. Thats what management should be doing.

Eki Gonzalez is a team captain and knows whats going on. If the players want Malesani to stay and beleive in him, then he should stay. They know a F***load then ALL of us and stupid journalists about whats going on out there and whats best for the club.

About Gonzales:

-Some of you claim that we played well  :blink:

hes making good points.

24 coaches 12 years? Whats his point? If you are firing a coach every year that says somethings not right with the players. Has the system of short term fixes led us to "greatness" weve gone at last 9 of those 12 titleless.

His team plays like gaidoures in Germany and the press have pictures of plane tickets an alitalia planes. Tell me, how is that at ALL respectful. Its about time a coach stood up for himself and put the idiotic journalists in place. Everytime things dont go his way (AKA FOOTBALL SOMETIMES s%$#! HAPPENS) he gets the blame. You think its the "tactics" that we lost to Barca and werder so bad........cuz the players were the ones getting owned and being halfassed on their markings. Media unfairly influences the fans.

Its not that Malesani doesnt have ability. What are his players doing? Also factor in our team is having no damn luck and defenders are just shaky. I think the only think Malesani did wrong was misprepare the team during the summer. And its led to a bad begining and season.

as for intertoto- man we are in 4th and have a lot of time ahead...we will be in uefa at least.

alma- WAKE UP THERE ARE OTHER FACTORS THAN THE COACH INFLUENCING RESULTS AND THEY HAVE WAY MORE WEIGHT

and the tzigger conspiracy thing- its all bullshit. he doesnt tell eki to say things or anything as stupid as that and you know it. Vardinogiannis is a down to earth, strict, and intelligent decision maker. Thats what management should be doing.

Eki Gonzalez is a team captain and knows whats going on. If the players want Malesani to stay and beleive in him, then he should stay. They know a F***load then ALL of us and stupid journalists about whats going on out there and whats best for the club.

the point is that pao have always looked to the short term and obviouly, after 12 years, maybe we have learned...this is what happends and has been happeing for the past 12 years in greek football....a coach is hired, he wins afew games and is succesfull for the first little whle, then somethnig happends...bad results, a big loss whatever it may be, there is lots and lots of criticism from the fans an the media, the president feels pressure and fires the coach to satify the fans and take the pressure off...then the same things keeps happening over and over and nothing ever gets solidfiesd and nothnig ever gets achieved..this is why we are years behind other leagues, because we havent been able to cope with this....any coach that we have liked or disliked has been gone because we end up blaming our coaches with nearly no educated long term thought...

now what you said about eki..thats completely right..our captain and probably one of our best players has support for the man...two menthat know football and are surrounded with panathinaikos, first hand every day...eki said it with shoum..we won, but we werent playign for the trifilli and now we are, but we havent been able to pull the results...in greek's football case now, i would rather do something good for the league and te team in the long run, then qwin a protathlima...if eki supports hom, our captain and a great player that the fans are in love with, then they should suppot malezani too...

Archived