Phantis Forums

January 2006 transfers

manos

zevlakof is an amazing player. if we are lucky enough to acquire him then we should be very happy because we have signed a solid solid defender. you cant have 20 year olds all across the lineup because then youre team is too inexperienced. this is a good move. 30 isnt old its prime years of a soccer players career. if we also get some young defenders we will have a full squad, ex. petkakhs, and papadopoulos.

i hope this metagrafi finishes soon because i'm already giddy as it is with the moves sollied is making. we have a lot to look forward too. sollied is on the ball people and his work will be seen next year.

if you want to achieve something in europe, there are better players than zewlakow

he is a good backup for greek league games, nothing more, nothing less...

most anderlecht fans will not miss the guy for his soccer skills

spot on mate!

the guy is past his best 30 years old and still going :P

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Butina Joins Olympiacos

Capped Croatian goalkeeper Tomislav Butina will continue his career in Olympiacos, as announced by the football club’s administration. In the announcement issued by Olympiacos, the player met with the club’s Vice-President and agreed on a three-year contract starting on 1 July. The announcement read: "Olympiacos FC has reached an agreement with Belgian Brugge’s footballer Tomislav Butina, after his meeting today with the FC’s Vice-President, Giorgos Louvaris, in Paris. The player will join the team on 1 July and the contract will run for three years."

http://news.ert.gr/en/newsDetails.asp?id=14886

yepyep Butina goes Oly

first zetterberg, then toure, ne, sollied, zewlakow, butina... Oly seems to like the jupiler league

You might be right, however with all the many problems of the Greek League, it is still a better standard than Belgium. These guys just want a step up, even if it is only a half-step.

Case in point is Zetterberg, who was the reigning star in Belgium for Anderlecht, but at Oly he was a "decent" team player.

distin, jaidi and n'gotty are very expensive players. bolton has a much bigger budget than we do. show a little faith, we just signed a few layers that would be an upgrade to what we have now. also this is january, not the summer. in the summer we can make moves where we actually buy some players. i'm a sollied fan and i think kokkalis has decided that he will listen to sollied and get him the players he asks for. maybe hell even spend some money in the summer. dont forget that kokkalis brought in giovanni and zahovic for a cobined almost 20 mill euros. so relax and have patoience.

distin, jaidi and n'gotty are very expensive players. bolton has a much bigger budget than we do. show a little faith, we just signed a few layers that would be an upgrade to what we have now. also this is january, not the summer. in the summer we can make moves where we actually buy some players. i'm a sollied fan and i think kokkalis has decided that he will listen to sollied and get him the players he asks for. maybe hell even spend some money in the summer. dont forget that kokkalis brought in giovanni and zahovic for a cobined almost 20 mill euros. so relax and have patoience.

Bolton are a small club with money problems. Alladyce is their best ever manager and has asked for money to keep up their UEFA Cup spot and Gardside (the chariman) said he must sell to buy. Bolton are prepared to let their players go for next to nothing! But even if they want too much for these players I also gave examples of top players who are cheap.

As for having patience, for how much longer do we have patience? Greek teams in Europe are under performing and by next season it is likely that only one Greek team will be in the CL. AND we will be in pot 4 among the weakest teams in Europe which will mean again we'll finish bottom! So its a cycle! How can teams like Rangers, Ajax, and Benfica be in the last 16 and we have only ever made it there once? Rangers are no better than AEK!

I am a Sollied fan too but Kokkali stunting our progress! We have to start demanding results in Europe because the smaller teams are getting stronger and within 10 years we will be a complete non-entity!

:gr: :gr: :gr:

• 2 weeks later...

first of all, i'd say stop comparing every player we have and who is able to play on the right flank with stelio. the right flank has been weak since he left, but it can get strong again. giannakopoulos was great for us, but he also left and has some great years at bolton right now. imo pappas is able to take over that spot if we give him the time he needs. if sollied gives him the chances he needs i'm sure that we will have a great player on that side in one or two years. but we also have to show patience. we could go and buy a foreign player who has proven his worth in another league, but i would be very happy to see a young greek player taking over.

Archived