Phantis Forums

January 2006 transfers

manos

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nyc maybe you should keep the posts in english. i dont think anyone in here speaks albanian. anyways has anyone read any news of the 4 tryouts that are at renti? mostly i'm interested in finding out how toures bro is doing as well as ernest. they are having their tryouts now arent they?

who are u calling Albanian ????

for starters thats my lil brother and don't ever confuse him as an Albanian

is that clear ????

who are u calling Albanian ????

for starters thats my lil brother and don't ever confuse him as an Albanian

is that clear ????

im shaking in my panties.

relax, its a joke cause his greek is bad.

de drepese hroniares meres

kids only 15 with no Greek school and how can i relax when u call him albanian

its one thing to make fun of his writing another thing to make fun or question his ethnicity

i mean your act like his age and not his

i really don't understand why we should get another keeper. ok, lemens is most probably one of the worst signings we ever made, but i don't see it, why we shouldn't give giannou the chance to prove he is worth starting for us. he is with us for a couple of years now, he was there when he was needed and he never ever complained for not playing. why should they extend his contract if he won't get the chance to play?

completely useless transfer imo. we better get sifakis or another young keeper so that we have another one for the future.

I have to shake my head at this rumour. Unless they (Oly's admin) know something but Nikopolidis and the others that we don't. Otherwise, to put this sort of rumour in the press just to create some sense of activity for the fan's enjoyment is counter productive.

Nikopolidis is the only no. 1 at Oly.

Lemmens is a half-assed no. 2 or 3 or 4..only there for Sollied who is probably doing the guy a favour by extending his career a bit and getting him some extra cash and a holiday.

I think this rumour will die out quickly. Let's hope so at least.

since lemens hasn t really being a factor for us another good keeper is not a bad idea.the only thing that bothers me is that we could get someone younger and not him.but if sollied wants him .............

http://www.sport-fm.gr/news.jsp?newsID=34169

There is talk about a 31 years old Croatian keeper, it doesn't make much sense to get somebody in Nikopolidis age. If Giannou is not good enough we either need somebody older who won't mind not playing much, or somebody young who might be able to replace Nikopolidis in a couple of years.

i really don't understand why Giannou isn't being given the appropriate opportunity to show case his talents

i mean he was the Keeper v Lyon where we lost 4-1 at home

but none of those goals weren't his fault and he saved a couple of more going into the net

the fact is u can't put him in once in a while and expect him to grow

he needs more time in between the pipes with live game speed

somebody mentioned that we probably don't know wuts going on with Nikopolides well this is the time to figure out who will replace him for the next few years

hell Katergiannakis is better then Lemmens

i don't want them to sign this type of a player

plus Olympiakos supposedly has the future Keeper in there youth system his last name starts with a D

but i honestly want to see Giannou

you mean dougeroglou. and there is also the other young keeper, panagopoulos, who sat on the bench during the last matches when nikopolidis and lemens weren't fit.

i really don't want us to get another keeper around 30 who. we should slowly start giving giannou the chances he really deserves imo, since he is with the team for years now and never gave any reason to get a bad picture of him.

back to the transfers. some papers had quite a big list today.

greek players, still the same names plus some more:

avraam papadopoulos, defender, supposed to have an agreement with aris to get him, most probably we will give them kouloucheris, kiriakos and d'acol in exchange.

panagiotis lagos, left midfield, if iraklis doesn't give him the money they owe him, we will make an offer to get him.

vasilis torosidis, left or right back

dimitris petkakis, midfield

foreign players, some of the same, some we talked about in the past and some new ones:

butina, GK, not neccessary at all

marek spilar, 30, CB, Brugge

Hannu Tihinen, 29, CB, Anderlecht

Brede Hangeland, 24, CB, Viking

Bosko Balaban, 27, striker, Brugge

Abdoulaye Meite, 25, CB, marseille

Pierre Wome, 26, LB, inter (read it somewhere yesterday)

within the next few days the young players, toure, olatunde, pophatze and ernest, will come to renti to be tested. today the papers also wrote that we extended hovhannisyans contract to 2010 (!) and that in the next days there will be talks to extend the contracts of stoltidis, kafes and pantos (?!). there is also a rumour that we will make some changes in toures contract, so that we are able to put a high transfer fee in it.

some sites also say that protasov offered mihailovic (our gk-coach) a contract to work with him in ukrainia. <_<

you mean dougeroglou. and there is also the other young keeper, panagopoulos, who sat on the bench during the last matches when nikopolidis and lemens weren't fit.

i really don't want us to get another keeper around 30 who. we should slowly start giving giannou the chances he really deserves imo, since he is with the team for years now and never gave any reason to get a bad picture of him.

back to the transfers. some papers had quite a big list today.

greek players, still the same names plus some more:

avraam papadopoulos, defender, supposed to have an agreement with aris to get him, most probably we will give them kouloucheris, kiriakos and d'acol in exchange.

panagiotis lagos, left midfield, if iraklis doesn't give him the money they owe him, we will make an offer to get him.

vasilis torosidis, left or right back

dimitris petkakis, midfield

foreign players, some of the same, some we talked about in the past and some new ones:

butina, GK, not neccessary at all

marek spilar, 30, CB, Brugge

Hannu Tihinen, 29, CB, Anderlecht

Brede Hangeland, 24, CB, Viking

Bosko Balaban, 27, striker, Brugge

Abdoulaye Meite, 25, CB, marseille

Pierre Wome, 26, LB, inter (read it somewhere yesterday)

within the next few days the young players, toure, olatunde, pophatze and ernest, will come to renti to be tested. today the papers also wrote that we extended hovhannisyans contract to 2010 (!) and that in the next days there will be talks to extend the contracts of stoltidis, kafes and pantos (?!). there is also a rumour that we will make some changes in toures contract, so that we are able to put a high transfer fee in it.

some sites also say that protasov offered mihailovic (our gk-coach) a contract to work with him in ukrainia. <_<

i read taht in the Ethniko Kyrika about Stoltidis, Kafes and Pantos

i have no problem in resigning all but one palyer and that is pantos

i see no reason on keeping him

as for Hoyvansim getting an extension so quickly there has go to be something to this

I also read Toure will be away from the club as late as Feb due to copa Africa

so we are going ot need to make some moves if we are to win the title

i have no problem in resigning all but one palyer and that is pantos

i see no reason on keeping him

The RB spot has been a problem for a long time, unfortunately Pantos is the best player we have in this position and we cannot to let him go before we have a better alternative.

I also read Toure will be away from the club as late as Feb due to copa Africa

... and as it seems he didn't inform anyone about his decision. he was supposed to show up in training yesterday bringing his brother with him. the same goes for babangida, but he couldn't come due to a cancelled flight from amsterdam.

as for pantos resigning i'm not sure either but as manos said, he and mavrogenidis are our only players for that spot right now and both aren't really good. maybe patsa can take over that spot as soon as he is fit again.

if possible we should get one or two players in this transfer window and start making some negotiations with other players for the summer.

one thing that worries me is what fos had on its front page today. stoltidis is offered a new contract with 30% more, but they write that he will deny it!!!!! if that happens we would lose one of our best and constant players. we really have to keep him.

We need a QUALITY striker :whistle:

How many more years are we going to wait??????????? :o

i hope not too long

Konstandinou is coming back soon

but i had no idea that Toure kept it secret about his Copa tour

question is when does this tournament start ??

i hope they get bumped early lol b/c this tournament is very meaningless

ppl will wait to scout him during the 2006 WC

toure has to be there on the 3rd of january, when the teams training starts. if they get to the next round, it will last till february. so if everything goes well for his team, we won't see him till the middle/end of february. <_<

the problem is, that he asked to get some days off, since he couldn't get away from the national team and sollied didn't give it. he just decided by himself to not return after christmas. normally he should get punished for that by the management, but they are affraid to do it, because his worth could go down. <_<

http://www.sportime.gr/football_inside.asp...article_id=2593

There is talk of bringing Blackburn's Morten Pedersen to cover the left side. I wish it was true but it seems very unlikely as this guy had a real impact in the EPL and many sides would want him.

Also Salke are ready to make a move for Sollied, let's see...

http://www.sportime.gr/football_inside.asp...article_id=2574

http://www.sportime.gr/football_inside.asp...article_id=2593

There is talk of bringing Blackburn's Morten Pedersen to cover the left side. I wish it was true but it seems very unlikely as this guy had a real impact in the EPL and many sides would want him.

Also Salke are ready to make a move for Sollied, let's see...

http://www.sportime.gr/football_inside.asp...article_id=2574

pedersen is wanted by tottenham too. and i think some more european clubs are after him. he would cost us at least 2 mio to get him.

about sollied i was really shocked yesterday when i read about it. but it turned out not bein true (at least now). one german paper wrote it and half an hour later all the other papers had the same news. i also went to the schalke forum to see what the fans think about it and a lot of them would have been happy with him. then there was the rumour that stevens would become coach again and finally the took the former assistant coach of rangnick to take over till the end of the season.

for me it looks as if this is finished and there won't be any trouble with sollied leaving.

Archived