Phantis Forums

January 2006 transfers

manos

castillo had his first training session with the team since his incident... lets see if the kid has put anythin in tht brain of his.. hes obviously not in the 18ada against Aigaleo, and i cant see him playing till after X-mas and thts if he proves his worth while....

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was for Karagounis over the summer

but lets face it

he only plays hard at stints of a game

he has 20 really strong mins and then dies down

plus he lacks that creativity with we desperately need in our midfield

Yia tin Ellada file mou kamnei!!!

• 2 weeks later...

back to the topic. as far as i read there wont be any big transfers over the winter transfer window, we all know that. but we have signed Giannis Fakinos for the next 5 years. he is 16 and plays in midfield.

there are some rumours, that some young players will be tested at renti:

two players from georgia that niniadis has suggested:

Jaba Kankava, 19, central midfield

Georgy Granukrave, 17, RB or right midfield

then there are rumours that toures little bro will come to renti together with another player from ivory coast and a nigerian player.

there is also interest in Papadopoulos from aris (CB), Lagos from iraklis and some other young greek players.

i don't know if lagos is also on the list of pao or if they even got his rights already but i think he would be a great solution for our left side to take over as soon as djole will stop playing.

I am afraid players like Papadopoulos can't make the difference. Olympiacos is a club with a budget of around 30 millions at least in terms of income, Kokkalis needs to invest some of it during Christmas if he wants the team to be ready in the summer. I am not sure I like Sollied but he needs players for his 4-3-3, since we are keeping him we need to bring the players that will make it work. We need left back, right back, center back and defensive midfielder in the 1-2m range, less than 24 years old and selected by the coach to start building a good team that could improve our european record.

back to the topic. as far as i read there wont be any big transfers over the winter transfer window, we all know that. but we have signed Giannis Fakinos for the next 5 years. he is 16 and plays in midfield.

there are some rumours, that some young players will be tested at renti:

two players from georgia that niniadis has suggested:

Jaba Kankava, 19, central midfield

Georgy Granukrave, 17, RB or right midfield

then there are rumours that toures little bro will come to renti together with another player from ivory coast and a nigerian player.

there is also interest in Papadopoulos from aris (CB), Lagos from iraklis and some other young greek players.

i don't know if lagos is also on the list of pao or if they even got his rights already but i think he would be a great solution for our left side to take over as soon as djole will stop playing.

sounds good but are we actually going to get any of these players

as for Toure's younger lil brother

wuts his age and size and wut part of the field does he play ?

about the georgian players: they had an interview with timur ketspaja who played in greece too in the past and he didn't really know much about them. he just said, that osfp is doing right to check out talented players from his country. <_< :whistle:

the greek players could cause some problems, since lagos seems to be on pao's list too and papadopoulos is a member of aris starting 11 and surely wants to help his team to get back to a' ethniki. i doubt that aris will let him go before summer.

the only thing i know about toures little brother is that he's called ibrahim. i don't remember his position but i think all three of the african players i mentioned play in african clubs. but none of them is older than 20 i think. we will hear some stuff about them in the next days for sure since they will be tested at renti.

i think ibrahim plays either in the offensive midfield or as a striker and the other two africans play in the defense. LB and CB i think.

http://www.sport-fm.gr/special/newsByBetot...sp?newsID=33020

The story is that Olympiacos are looking for young talent for now and they are supposed to invest heavily in the summer transfer period.

The whole thing doesn't make much sense because if you were planning to build a new team you'd try to do it gradually by bringing some of the new players for the rest of this season.

I think the fact that PAO are doing so badly didn't help as we have secured a champions league spot for next year.

I think in 1-2 years time we'll have to replace most of the old squad in one go and we might end up just like them.

todays papers talk again about papadopoulos and lagos, without having further information about it. the third player we seem to be interested is vasilis torosidis (RB) from skoda. most probavly there will be negotiations starting with their teams, but the won't join us before summer.

we have also tested a 15 year old goalkeeper during yesterdays training. his name is dimitris eustathiou, 1.87 m and he plays for loukisia in the local league of euvoia.

they also write that betis is interested in babangida and atletico madrid in lemmens (please take him!!!!)

then there is a rumour that next to ibrahim toure and the other two players from africa we will be testing a striker from cameroun, no name mentioned.

and finally we are sending some scouts to the copa africa in egypt to look for some more players.

all the newspapers are saying that the cameroon player , ernest, is the new eto. they say he is the biggest talent in cameroon right now. i told you guys a million times. bajevic is here for 10 years and he bring rezits and maric. solint comes for 4 months and brings toure who we are gonna end up selling for millions. the guy knows soccer, and now thankfully kokkalis realizes that he should liusten to sollied because he will only profit from him. sollied is the best thing that ever happened to our team. we are finally scouting young stars instead of spending money for stars that are out of their prime.

all the newspapers are saying that the cameroon player , ernest, is the new eto. they say he is the biggest talent in cameroon right now. i told you guys a million times. bajevic is here for 10 years and he bring rezits and maric. solint comes for 4 months and brings toure who we are gonna end up selling for millions. the guy knows soccer, and now thankfully kokkalis realizes that he should liusten to sollied because he will only profit from him. sollied is the best thing that ever happened to our team. we are finally scouting young stars instead of spending money for stars that are out of their prime.

i think Bajevic is a better on the field coach then Sollied

but like i said earlier Sollied as an eye for talent

but do remember when Bajevic had his first tenure here

he brought mad talent as well

but lets not over hype anyboyd just yet

sollied is a better coach than bajevic is as well. whatever bajevic did in greece sollied has done in other countries. just like elefantos said, even mourinho was losing a bunch of games when he was hired by porto. but after getting his owners support, getting players he wanted and bein given tiome to learn the players that he has, he succeeded. so too will sollied, i think the end of this season oly is gonna play amazing soccer...wait and see.

bajevic lost in liverpool

bajevic thought that it would be a miracle to beat newcastle (the 15th ranked team in england at the time) 3-0 away

this is why bajevic isnt a good coach.

well you shouldn t quote alefantos as a source because this guy is ridiculous. every word he says is wrong...

bajevic had his share of finding talent. lets not forget he found georgatos, who had a great career. toure had 4 good games.

bajevic was the coach in olympiakos great time. he was responsible for many olympiakos legends. in his time bajevic was great. he had an eye for talent. the problem was he didn t develop his game and in the end seemed finished.

mia xara proponites einai kai oi duo... o bajevic edose polla ston thrylo... para polla.... evgale mia omadara me paixtes pou ithele kai eixe vrei... stathike wraia i omada stin europi kai sthn Ellada... tora den boroume na sugkrinoume ton Sollied me ton Bajevic katarxas mono kai mono epeidi oute ena xrono den einai stin omada... se dup-tria xronia AN einai akoma edo o Sollied (pou ego euxomai na meinei gia poly kairo, epeidi pisteyw pws borei na kataferei akoma perisotera apoti edose o Dusan) tote tha boresoume na doume mia sunoliki eikona apoti exoun kataferei oi dyo... apopsi mou auti paidia, sevomai oles tis apopsies tis dikies sas... ;)

well you shouldn t quote alefantos as a source because this guy is ridiculous. every word he says is wrong...

bajevic had his share of finding talent. lets not forget he found georgatos, who had a great career. toure had 4 good games.

bajevic was the coach in olympiakos great time. he was responsible for many olympiakos legends. in his time bajevic was great. he had an eye for talent. the problem was he didn t develop his game and in the end seemed finished.

Yeah but Bajevic name should never be forgotten by the club

remember he is the one that brought Olympiakos back to the pinnacle of success

he build and young team with a mix of a few veterans like Alexandris and Gogic into a power house

he found Georgatos, Djorjdavic, Giannkopoulos and Zachovic and was lucky of enough to have Giovanni on the team as well

he also took the club almost to the final four of c.l. but those 5 mins cost us and it has haunted the club in europe ever since

look i like sollied and he is starting to make his mark on the club

but before we praise him let's see results

and title and selling some good players at a high price

^^^ everything u say is correct... except my freind for the selling the players at a high price... <_< its about time oly keeps its talent and builds upon it... like the bajevic era... if we sell and buy then sell then buy (whover the players may be heck even the best) the team will never gel together properly... we need to keep wht we have and get rid of any trash....

• 2 weeks later...

nyc maybe you should keep the posts in english. i dont think anyone in here speaks albanian. anyways has anyone read any news of the 4 tryouts that are at renti? mostly i'm interested in finding out how toures bro is doing as well as ernest. they are having their tryouts now arent they?

nyc  maybe you should keep the posts in english. i dont think anyone in here speaks albanian.  anyways has anyone read any news of the 4 tryouts that are at renti? mostly i'm interested in finding out how toures bro is doing as well as ernest. they are having their tryouts now arent they?

Albanian :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I want to see the 20 year old striker from Cameroon :o and Toures' brother :1eye:

For once we have something positive coming out from the tranfer season :tup:

Archived