Phantis Forums

Youth or Advancement

evalagoal

In the Cup games what would you rather see? The younger players playing or are you more interested in our team progressing?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. In the Cup games what would you rather see? The younger players playing or are you more interested in our team progressing?

• 1) Let the young guys play
    • 2) Lets worry about advancing and going for the double

I know that the ideal answer to this is ofcourse both, but just like we already know (POA being eliminated) should our coach add more of the younger guys or even the ones that haven't played this year rather than using the typicall starting 11?

I think that it's games like these where a coach can see how deep his club is and more importantly how they will perform in the future. I believe that the youth should definitely have the upper hand in this case and let those guys prove to us how well they are developing....

i would prefer to see more young players.cup games should be used to give some of our starting players some rest.we got to give the young guys a chance to show us what they can do.

id rather hve a club stay in the back for a one-two years and let the young players play games together and let them gel together and then have a decent team for the next 5-6 years.... Malesani is using tht in Pao... i.e Mantzios, Leontiou, etc etc (even in CL) and i think thts excellent... real respect for tht and im sure for Pao tht if they continue like tht YES they will be quite dodgy for the next year or so but as the third year coms around i think they will be great.... unfortunate oly is still using at least six players above 30 in the starting line up (Nikopolidi, anato, Geo(or bulut), Rivaldo, Djordjevic, Kapsis...) i mean yes theses players are great and they have brought so much to thrylos (the older ones) but i think slowly slowly tht if oly wants to advance in the future, the YOUNG ONES should play MOSTLY.... parte paradeigma lyon.... 2 players above 30 ONLY!!!! yes four years ago they were not great and struggled.... bu they gelled together and look where they after two years of just staying in the background.... and its not as if oly dont have the players (i.e babginda, Dacol, Giannou, Vallas, etc etc....)

lets all remember one thing here

the Greek league is in a transitional stage there is no dominant team

we can afford to get good solid young players in the coming years and still compete for a title

so lets start this youth movement now so we can catch up to AEK and Pao

Archived