Phantis Forums

A' Div: PAOK-Neos Panionios

Ziaka

On Sunday at 15:00 GR (not TV coverage) PAOK plays Neos Panionios at Toumba. Following the loss to PAO and elimination from the Greek Cup, this game should be a must win for the team.

On paper we have a better team and should easily get 3 points out of this game.

My prediction is a 3-1 win for the good guys.

Ziaka you are absolutely right, this game is a must. Having lost the past couple of games, despite playing decent footy against Panathinaikos (the refs by the way were very good indeed, sign that PAOK starts to get some more respect when playing in athens and generally speaking) this game is a must win. Any winning score is good incl. half-nil.

I cannot see us scoring more than 2, i'd be pleasantly surprised if we did. Is Mietchell back guys do you know? He always adds depth in our attacking game.

Vardaris, please give us some more information on transfers etc. Who are you talking about, what you say comes completely out of the blue. Please share your wisdom.

Later chaps

Go PAOK zero

The game with Panionios should be easy, but I see nionios playing a tough defense trying to keep the score 0-0. We usualy have a tough time against such tactics. If we manage to score an early goal, than I think we will win comfortably.

It appears that Mieciel will be back, which is good.

Vardaris thanks for the info. Is tavlaridis currently playing for Onlympiakos? Do you rate him as a great defender?

I don't know what to think about Vrizas. He hasn't played any great football for a long time now -he has hasn't even been playing for his own club as far as i know. Do we need another aged player wanting to close his career in Paok? We already have one of them (no disrespect for Teo, he is top).

Ziaka i'm pleased to hear Mietchell is back. I hope the team plays well and secures another much needed victory.

Speaking of additions to the paok roster has there been any discussion of tsiartas signing up with paok? I think he could make our attack even more potent with his long accurate passes , something that Salp would take advantage of I'm sure . What do you guys think? B)

That is exactly what Paok needs. Tsiartas would be a huge benefit. He was missed in Greece as well..... No Tsiartas no goals, not even decent chances in about 10 matches. Haristeas.... No Goals, Vryzas no goals. They need to be fed top class passes.

i dont think he would come to Paok though.

Efstathios TAVLARIDIS

Lille Defender

Height: 1.86m. Weight: 81.00kg. Nationality: Greece

Born: 25/01/1980 in Serres

Latest news about TAVLARIDIS

Fergie feels sorry for Ryan (TeamTalk)

Statistics

Year : 2005

Games : 8

Starting Line-up : 8

Substitutions : 0

Goals : 0

Penalties : 0

Yellow Cards : 2

Red Cards : 0

Minutes Played : 720

Career ofof Efstathios TAVLARIDIS

Club Championship European Competitions Caps

97-98 Iraklis 2 Games (-)

98-99 Iraklis 1 Goals, 12 Games (-)

99-00 Iraklis 23 Games (-)

00-01 Iraklis 27 Games (-)

01-02 Arsenal (-)

02-03(mai) Portsmouth 5 Games (-)

02-03 Arsenal 1 Games (-)

03-04(jan) Arsenal (-)

03-04 Lille 16 Games (-)

04-05 Lille 30 Games 8 Games (UEFA Cup)

05-06 Lille 8 Games 1 Games (Champions League)

I don't know what to think about Vrizas. He hasn't played any great football for a long time now -he has hasn't even been playing for his own club as far as i know. Do we need another aged player wanting to close his career in Paok?

You are right, who knows what to expect if he comes. If you look at Konstandinidis, everyone said he was washed up and the PAO fans didn't care that he left. He wasn't playing regular football either. He has done us well, just like before he left with PAOK. Only time will tell

Vardaris many thanks for the detailed info on Tavlaridis. He's from the north of mainland Greece i see - he must be good!!!

Guys, i may have some questionmarks about Vryzas, but with all the respect i don't think Tsiartas can add a lot to the team - maybe a couple of years ago- but not now he hasn't been playing AT ALL for over a year now? Plus he is still rather expensive, hence the Iraklis signing failure. I'm sure within the same budget the Paok scouters can shop around and get more for their money.

Tavlaridis sounds like a good addition - i hope we sign him.

later chaps

Unfortunately I can't, because ERT_Sat never provides that information. However the following scenario is very possible for ERT-Sat viwers in North America and Australia.

ERT-Sat will show the OFI - PAO game live and right after that thay will show PAOK - Panionios on tape delay. They did the same with two weeks ago, when they showed OFi-Olympiakos and right after that game they showed PAOK-Ionikos. This only speculation on my part. We'll see what they actually show on Sunday.

The injuries to Zagorakis and Konstantinidis were discovered during today's practice. We'll see if they can over copme thme before Sunday's games. As for Mieciel he took part in today's practice and seems to be overcoming his injury.

Let's go PAOK, it's time to get back on track!

I'm listening to it on Metropolis radio... We seem to be playing well and pressuring :tup: .

Archived