Phantis Forums

Winter 2005/06 transfer period

Ziaka

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I doubt PAOK will go for Tsiartas. He is up there in age, and it would cost the team quite bit of money. I think Tsirtas's demands prevent any team from signing him. The last team to refuse his services was Iraklis.

Still on the tranfer front, it looks like PAOK stareted talks with Fiorentina concerning Vryzas. From Goalnews.gr:

http://www.goalnews.gr/article.asp?catid=5106&subid=2&pubid=281674'>K

Tsartas will not be joining any club abroad and he's too old and expensive for any greek teams. if you ask me he should show more class and take a pay cut to at least find a competitive club.

I would not really be surprised to see Vryzas returning to paok as he stated in an interview a while ago, he would like to return to finish his carrer w/ paok if his contract demands could be satisfied.

Tsiartas shouldn't even be considered at this point. I don't think he "fits" in with the current mold of the team and would only serve as a distraction if he didn't get his playing time. Mind you, if Zagorakis has anything to say about these things, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he did play in a PAOK uniform in January. Stranger things have happened, right?

As far as Vryzas goes...hmmm, I'm a bit skeptical but I wouldn't mind it all either. He would be another attacking option for the team. And although he doesn't have the speed that he once did years back he plays a smarter brand of football now and could effect change for the younger players on the squad. If he can come cheaply, I'd say go for it.

Ultimately, PAOK, or should I say PAOK's admin still have to be smart about all of these upcoming potential transfers. They still seem to carry on like a bunch of clowns at a circus at the best of times. And at the worst of times....well, let's just not go there. The whole fiasco with Mattheaus and the ongoing hype behind this new Toumba stadium is evidence that these guys are not the sharpest knives in the drawer. I hope they don't splurge on a guy like Vryzas or anyone else for that matter, hoping that bringing him back for a swan song will help them in the pocketbook via jersey or seat sales or anything. They are still a team with a massive debt BUT they have a good young base to build around.

Yeah, personally I don't want Tsiartas either. We seem to have a good thing going, and the with Tsiartas, things might get messy, plus he would cost too much.

Not sure about Vryzas....

Player names that have been floating around as far as transfer targets are Fotakis of Aigaleo, Aloiuta of Metallurg, Vryzas, and even Sanmartean of PAO.

There is also talk of Ogynsoto from Ergotelis on Thessaloniki sports radio, but I thing that's more of wishful thinking by the fans.

It is reported that PAOK will extend the contract of Hasiotis for one more year. he has been very good so far this season for PAOK.

Finally, there is the Panserraikos midfielder Arabatzis. During the summer there was talk he will be coming to PAOK during the Winter transfer period. We'll have to wait and see if that will happen.

Rumors are that 2 PAOK players are on their way out. One of them for sure is Karalic. Who is the other?

In other news Goumenos said that any tranfers by PAOK will be announced on January 2, 2006. Any names mentioned in the press are just rumors and speculations.

There are few teams interested in Ogunsoto. The latest team after him is Larisa. If it is true that PAOK is interested in him, we will most likely end in a bidding war for the player..

Fatih Akyel was late returning from Turkey's NT game against Switzerland. he showed up in Thessaloniki on Saturday even though the Turkish NT game took place on Wednesday. He missed the game against Kallithea as a result.

As a result PAE PAOK fined the player 5,000 Euro. Today, the player did not show up for today's practice. It looks that Akyel might be history as far as PAOK is concerned.

I'm not entirely surprised ot disappointed by his exit. His play (whenever I saw him on TV) was never outstanding or impressive. In fact, I'm not even sure why PAOK went out and got him in the first place.

In any event, it opens up another spot on the roster for someone who WANTS to play for the club. All the better I say.

I agree, we just seemed to have constant problems with him....

Is Arabatzis any good? I don't know about Tsiartas, he hasn't played with anyone in a while, plus he's probably asking for way too much.

Arabatzis is young and is a member of the U-21 national team. He should fit fine with all the other youngsters we got recently. Obviously it will take time for all the younfg players to gell together. With a good coach, who can build a team with the yuoungsters, I think we will have a good team in couple years.

I also don't want Tsiartas or Vryzas for that matter. They are well over 30. They can probably help in the short time, but we need to look in long terms, and the young players is the way to go.

Today there are news stories about some Skopiano coming to PAOK, but PAE PAOK is saying there is no truth to those reports. Probably manager tricks planting stories in the press. Also Aliuta has visited PAOK players in Bukurest. This guy is pushing hard to become a PAOK player. He did the same when PAOK played in Donetsk against Shakhtar.

Archived