Phantis Forums

Pao vs Barcelona

panatha_boy

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to say a few things about Malesani:

Today he took Rikjaard's identity. Panathinaikos was very well placed and his defensive backs (Vyntra and Darlas) were solid as rocks. His substitutions were clever (Torghelle had a yellow card and couldn't play his aggressive but effective game anymore, Gonzalez didn't create much and another striker was needed since we had Leontiou and Conceicao in midfield, and Seric was tired and started to make mistakes).

BUT ABOVE ALL, ALBERTO HAD AN ACE UNDER HIS SLEEVE. HE WAS PREPARING BISCAN PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY TO PLAY IN SUCH AN IMPORTANT GAME AND IGOR DEFINITELY MADE HIS BEST APPEARANCE WEARING THE GREEN JERSEY.

MAS AFHSE MALAKE S OLOYS

FORZA ALBERTO

Great game and it was great to see the next generation of Ethniki players look so good - Mantzios is a monster, Darlas and Vyntra were tough as nails - coming up big every time they were challenged and Leontou was solid too

Bravo - now do the same in 2 weeks

Ena exw ena pw:

PRASINE THEE PANATHINAIKE :nw: :nw:

Ti itan ayto apopse?Sto gipedo oloi itan orthioi s'oli ti diarkeia tou agwna kai de stamatisame na fwnazoume!!Gyrw sto 30' tou deyterou imixronou olo to OAKA giouxarize ti Barca....Olo to stadio seiotan pragmatika....Apisteyti atmosfaira!!! :tup: :tup:

Polla sigxaritiria stous organomenous,oi "xorografies" itan teleies...Eidika to pano panw ap'tin 3 me to sinthima "No Fear"!! :nw: :nw:

Meta to apopsino mou fainetai pws de tha mas poligoustarei o Ronaldinho pleon,alla toulaxiston tha exei mathei kala tin omada PANATHINAIKOS!!Isws kai ton Vintra..... :P (Giati polloi elegan oti den gnwrizoun paiktes tou PAO...twra tous emathan gia ta kala B))

ELLAS EYRWPH PANATHINAIKOS... :nw: :nw: :nw:

Congrats to the boys today.. They proved me wrong my 5-1 prediction was way off...Good showing i was impressed..

Good luck to the reds avrio...

kai me tuxh kamia triara tha fame.... den exoume omada fetos but they could prove me wrong.... like in ur case... anyway congratz to the vazelous who looked barca in the eye frm the first minute nor like us pou bikame klasmenoi stin real kai sumorfothikame molis to fagame eno tha borousame na tous antimetopisoume me pio polu pathos apo thn arxh telospantwn.... auta...

The ESPN soccernet website provided the following stats:

Match Stats

Panathinaikos Barcelona

Shots (on Goal) 4(2) 9(3)

Fouls 23 27

Corner Kicks 4 8

Offsides 8 3

Time of Possession 29% 71%

Yellow Cards 2 2

Red Cards 0 0

Saves 3 2

Is it true that Barcelona had 71% of the ball??!! It was still a good ersult and I know statistics may be deceiving but the above stat suggests that PAO just sat back and defended.

Today we saw some of the possiblities of Malesani's team. In time we will defenantly rule.

but

I am left with a bittersweat taste after this kind of game, not because a draw against Barcha is anything but a good result, just because draws don't really help you go to the next round. Only victories do. Maybe we should risk a little more, but what can I say, that was Barcha and we are a new team after all.

(as dimitris said ) I also think that the unfair yellow that Togerlle was given early in the game was a low blow to our offense. Togrerlle was send off with 2 yellows in his last game with the Hungarian National team and Malesani had to take him off because Togerlle obviusly showed that he wasn't giving all he had in the game yesterday because of the fear of a second yellow.

(as mrMarius said )Olisadebe should come in the game as a sub, not Papadopoulos.

Malesani should finally abadon the idea of constantly using Gonzales next to Conseisao. Gonzales looses his offensive capabilities this way. I am certain Malesani knows that, since he can use in that possiton so many other players like: Tsiolis, Leondiou, Andrich, Biscan...

Biscan was excellent as a C.B. next to Morris. The appeared to be quite an impressive duo in defence.

Darlas and Vydra were superb.

Conseisao was a true leader today and as far as I am concerned the MVP.

Nilsson was ok so was Serich, but the first needs more time to upgrade his game, while the second has to realise that as a left extreme that he has to be more imaginative. Serich needs to be more ofenssive as a left extreme.

Manzios was really good and gave 110% but his luck of experience didn't help him score in the first half.

Galinovich did pretty well but wasn't really pressured today.

One think is certain if we stay with Malesani, we will get to see a better than ever Pao.

my congrats

tiying a spanish team is always a great task

but you need to be realistic... this doenst clinch 2nd place long way to go for that

but congrats

yea man & u have 4th place grabed by the horns.... :LOL:

thrilosmtl, enan eliniko gliko pola vari, me 4 fuskales pliz....

as KALAMATA21 stated, :nw:

1st and 2nd go to the next round of champions league

3rd goes to UEFA and

4th goes to....PEIRAIA!!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

an e3aireseis tin talaipwria poy travi3ame gia na doyme to paixnidi apo link se link apo kanali se kanali, mexro ti stigmi pou kataferame na to vroyme kapoy poy oyte 8ymamai pia pao to poli psa3imo, eimaste poli eytixosmenoi gia tin omada.

aaa parepiptwndos kapoios vlakas poy den exei akoma katalavei oti einai ali8eia oti an den exeis grigoro upstream ta g....s ola to 8ema kai gia toys alloys mbike kai martyrisame( apo to 7o kai kati kai meta nomizw).dil ayto den to katalavainw.giati mbaineis afoy den eisai equipped?afoy kai si s**** vlepeis...

anyway sorry gia tin paren8esi apla to 8ymi8ika twra kai...

anyway, to pio fovero den einai gia toys panathinaikoys poy 3eroyn tin omada toys kai to poia einai stin eyrwpi.

to fovero einai gia oloys aytoys poy mexri simera eixan vgalei ton pana8inaiko pe8ameno, to malesani looser kai axristo to vydra xwma, to biscan xalia kai to conseisao variestimeno.episis oloi aytoi poy eixan dwsei to prwta8lima ston olumbiako apo tin 4 agwnistiki kai elegan ta apisteyta.einai gia oloys aytoys poy tosa xronia lene lene lene kai taytoxrona kanoyn olokliri propaganda gia na mikrinoyn to eidiko varos mias omadas poy einai megali kata tin tapeini moy gnwmi i megalyteri me ta exegia apo tin eyrwpi gia na to apodeiksi.

oloi aytoi loipon simera plekoyn to egkwmio toy pana8inaikoy toy malesani twn pe8amenwn.oi gnwstes kwlotoymbes.alla min gelieste....stin prwti eykairia pali 8a kanoyn ayto poy prepei...

kai gia na min paw makria 8a arxisoyn na lene gia to parmagazaki toy pao ton ofi kai to rolo poy paizei sto prwta8lima ktl.ola ayta gia na askisoyn piesi ston kosmo kai tin omada toy ofi.les kai prepei na apodeikneioyn kati.panta etsi ginetai oles oi omades kati prepi na apodei3oyn otan paizoyn me ton pao.kai ayto 8a ginei parolo poy o roko meta apo ypoboles ktl gia elegxoys den katafere na vrei tipota...ti na peis....

8a moy peis tio ta les twra ayta?apla den mborw allo na akoyw ayta ta trela kai exw vare8ei pia olo ayto poy ginetai.

o panathinaikos einai megali omada.megali omada

kai twra apolayste tis epomenes meres ti 8a grafoyn ta site ti 8a lene oi antikeimenikoi.kai min 3exnate na parakoloy8eite ti 8a lene oi gavroi pou einai kakentrexeis.8a einai apolaysi

trifylara moy se agapwwwww

PAO was impressive last night and I tip my hat to Melitzana. He played Biscan instead of Goumas (that alone gets points in my book) and played the youngsters.

My player ratings:

Galinovic: 8 key saves

Vyntra: 7 very steady even if he did need support at times

Biscan: 8.5 rock

Morris: 7

Darlas: 8 very impressive in his Eur debut

Nilsson: 6

Eki: 6.5 not as good as I expected but good enough

Flavio: 7 played well

Seric: 6 not as influential as expected; too hot tempered;

Torgelle: 7 he is a fighter with a motor and a head for the ball;

Mantzios: 8.5 very impressive

Leonidou: 5 risky substitution with little postive effect;

Paps: 5 not noticed;

Wooter: 5 came in 3 minutes before the end of the game.

Problem is that werder can still catch us, if they beat us and udinese at their home...

of course..fasouli to fasouli gemizei to sakouli(twn bathmwn) but I think that for yesterday's succes to have a real "antikrysma" we need to get a point in Spain (which is nearly impossible..).It will count only if results in the group won't be the expected ones.

But in any case it is good for the mentality of the players and the constant "anebasma" tis omadas!

Is this guy for real? Torghelle was showing his passion to play.

By Barney Spender

ATHENS, Oct 19 (Reuters) - Panathinaikos coach Alberto Malesani has warned striker Sandor Torghelle he will not play for the club again if he reacts badly to being substituted.

The Hungarian objected to Malesani's decision to replace him with Sotiris Leontiou in the 58th minute of their 0-0 Champions League draw with Barcelona at the Olympic Stadium on Tuesday.

"Torghelle's reaction was the only negative aspect of the night," said Malesani.

"It was completely the opposite of (defender) Iannis Goumas who was left out of the squad altogether and caused no problems at all.

"I know the fans like him (Torghelle) but I will be speaking to him about his behaviour. I didn't like it and if he repeats it then he won't play for this club again."

Archived