Phantis Forums

Olympiakos - Panionios

Montreal_Thrillos

yeh vasilie true... i cant see djole playin either to say the truth but i dont think sollid is like tht.... we will see though.... Panionios tricky team the past few years but surely we should get by them... Did Panionios make ny big transfer this season? 3-1 i see.....

i disagree with u that we should just let our players rest

they have had an entire offseason to rest

the team hasn't looked crips v anybody just yet

they need more time to play with one another and get to form

there professional atheletes they won't be tired after playing Panionios

its this stupid Greek menatlity to just sit everybody before a C.L. game

lets go out there v Paniononis full squad and if the game is out of hand take out the important players period

tiredness isn't a question at this point of the season

lets beat Panionios first

Last time I read they were saying that Rivo and Toure are doubtful for the match..... Can anyone confirm? I do believe that we might need to rest these guys before CL but I also have to agree w/ the fact that they do need to play and an empty stadium is not going to help our team.

What I would do is get the best of both worlds (if they are available) have them come of the bench in the 60th minute and just loosen their legs up.

What do you all think?

My prediction: 1-0 Simple win w/ Okkas netting the goal.

Toure WILL play against the Smyrniotes, this is confirmed as of today. Rivaldo on the other hand will most likely NOT play, his recovery has been slow, and no one is willing to risk further damage playing him against Nionios, especially when their trying to have him ready for the Rosenborg match 2 days later.

Last time I read they were saying that Rivo and Toure are doubtful for the match..... Can anyone confirm? I do believe that we might need to rest these guys before CL but I also have to agree w/ the fact that they do need to play and an empty stadium is not going to help our team.

What I would do is get the best of both worlds (if they are available) have them come of the bench in the 60th minute and just loosen their legs up.

What do you all think?

My prediction: 1-0 Simple win w/ Okkas netting the goal.

Okkas may not be in the line up

cause he played twice over the week for Cyrpus same can be said for Konstadinou

good chance to see players like Castillo, Vallas and etc to play and hopeful get all 3 points

It's official:

RIVO and TOURE won't be in the line-up for Saturdays game. I agree with our coaches decision on this matter. Let the other guys play and have our main stars perform where we really need them to perform.

so our line up will most probably look like this:

----------------------------------Konstantinou----------------------------------

Okkas---------------------------------------------------------------Babangida

------------------------------------Djordjevic-----------------------------------

------------------------Stoltidis--------------------Kafes-----------------------

Georgatos------------Kostoulas-------------Anatolakis--------Mavrogenidis

-----------------------------------Nikopolidis-----------------------------------

Guest Protathlitis

what reason is there for Kapsis not playing??? he played against kazaks and Id easily take him over Anatolakis/ kostoulas/ shurrer or anyone in the centre of defence

hello did u all forget that Djordjavic already played twice this week for his NT

i mean we need him rested for Rosenborg

if he were to play v Panionios and Rosenborg it will be 4 games in a 10 day span

we need him rested

Konstandinou and Okkas also played twice this week for NT and at least Konstandinou should get some rest as well

we should go 4-4-2

Babaginada Dani Forwards

Castillo Okkas

Stoltidis (sub if we score early) Kafes

Geo Schurrer Kostulas/Vallas Mavro(sub early was well)

Kapsis played v Kaz he is too experience doesn't need to play

save him for C.L.

i mean if he wants to start him to gain more team chemistry fine with me but sub him out once we have a comfortable lead

this will be a tough game for us but Sollied has had 2 weeks to ponder and prepare

i am sure he had the starting line up ready to go earlier in the week

lets beat Panionios

actually i forgot about Taralidis

wut is his natural position b/c when he actually plays for Olympiakos he is just all over the place

he got a mean shot something we need and he ain't getting any younger

Nikopolidis should be on the bench and put in Giannou i don't want Lemmens

Taralidis is main postion is a midfielder.... nore of a defensive midfielder but he seems to be a "clone" of stoltidis....... just less experienced.... strong shot, great power, determination, and has the stamina to be all over the pitch all in a game...

Archived