Phantis Forums

NT games rights go to MEGA

thats too bad, I can't understand for the life of me, why they cannot sell the rights for the national team to say ERT Sat or Mega Cosmos, which most Greeks outside of Greece have the ability to receive. Instead we have too waste our time seeking Bars that televise the games, well that explains porbably in some part why you really don't see any young Greek Americans who follow Greek Soccer anymore, the trouble you have to go thru to watch a game is getting ridiculous.

I agree with you 100%. We nobody, but EPO to blame for this. The should specifically put in the contract with the company that acquires the rights outside of Greece to make the games available to channels such as ERT-Sat. However that would mean that they would make less money on the deal.

Any Greek satellite TV channel can buy the games from this European company called Stadium, but they will probabbly not do it because it costs a lot of money. They have not done it in the past, and I don't see them doing it in the future.

I think the best thing would have been for the omogeni to lodge a big complain to the Ministry of Culture (Venizelos), Undesecretary of Sports (Lianis) and the ministry for Greek living abroad to put pressure on EPO to give the international rights to ERT Sat and not have a bidding procces for those rights.

Unfortunately it once again proves that they don't care about the omogeni, who are eager to see their national team.

Archived