Phantis Forums

about alter globe

Ziaka,

From what I understand, he is saying that they show the same 4 or 5 programs over and over again. If this is true then why bother starting up the channel in the first place? Who would subscribe to this if they show the same stuff over and over again?? Also two popular shows (Zougla and Kitrinos Typos) may be moving to Alpha in the fall, so I am not sure if there is anything else good on this station. Maybe that is why Alter Globe is not available in either USA or Canada.

What exactly is he asking for that won't happen, don't really understand what you are referring to.

On another note, what happened to Alpha Sat? They announced several months ago that they plan on launching an international channel then that is the last we heard from them. Is this channel still coming? What are the chances that they would show soccer on it since they own the rights to several teams?

For as long as I have been reading his posts on satleo.gr he has been asking that the channels available to us here in North America just show live the same programs that they show in Greece. For example, Antenna Satellite would show live the ANT1 programming from Greece. Unfortunately that can't happen, because most Greek channels carry programs that they only have rights to show in Greece. For example Greek channels available here in US can't show American TV shows or American movies that they show in Greece, because they only paid for rights to show those programs in Greece. Same goes for sporting events.

As far as I know, Alpha still operates the Alpha Sat international channel. The problem is that it is not available to us. I remember the announcement you are refering to about becoming available in Australia and US, but as usual noting has happened. I hope that it eventualy happens, since I hear that my favorite program Aman Ta Katharmata might be moving from Antenna to Alpha in the fall.

Actually I would not mind Alpha and Alter Globe becoming available to us as part of the Greek package on Dishnetwork.

The problem with Alter Globe might be that it doesn't have much to choose from, anyway. From what I know of Alter is that most of their programming is foreign, and of the domestic programming that they they do show, the vast majority are news shows.

AND most importantly, the don't televise soccer games (at least not any more). ;)

But...they do have Mitsikosta. :tup:

Archived