Phantis Forums

Euro 2008

drakos13

just a question, are we qualified for 2008?

i think i heard we are not but with the whiny british a**hole liverpool crying about not being able to defend the CL title they won (due to their own terrible season) why wouldnt UEFA make that rule apply to the EURO too? Im not saying we wouldnt qualify, only that if we dont make it it would be too late to appeal, and it would be the same thing as what the geys did to get entry to CL......

anybody know about this situation?

just a question, are we qualified for 2008?

that rule was changed several years ago, even France who won euro 2000 went through qualifying for euro 04. we should be okay as long as we don't draw a group like the one for WQ qualifying right now.

i think but i'm not sure there will be something like 7 groups and the first 2 from each group qualify automatically no playoffs or anything and they will join the 2 hosts in the finals.

that rule was changed several years ago, even France who won euro 2000 went through qualifying for euro 04. we should be okay as long as we don't draw a group like the one for WQ qualifying right now.

i think but i'm not sure there will be something like 7 groups and the first 2 from each group qualify automatically no playoffs or anything and they will join the 2 hosts in the finals.

so we have to qualify, but since Liverpool was a disgrace domestically and cried about it to UEFA they get automatic qualification- saying UEFA found it necesary for the Champion to always be given the chance to defend its title. So if thats UEFA's stance why dont they do it for the EURO?

When a country dosent play 2 years of competitive football, they never do well in the championship cause the team is still in friendly mode. As long as we get a fairly easy group, its good that we arnet gonna qualify automatically.

I hope Otto will try and regain his crown, although i doubt he will still be manager by that time.

I hope we can qualify in Euro 2008...... Euro Championship without Turkey is really boring.........

Euro 2004 did not have Turkey and was exciting.

So, most Eurocup tournaments in history, which did not have Turkey, were boring???

thats a really good point about Greece being automatically qualifying

difference between Greece and Liverpool

is that Liverpool has more brass and the backing of the English FA which thinks there soccer is above all else

its there politics and money that simple

Archived