Phantis Forums

Greece-Ukraine on line!

Hi everyone. Let me just introduce myself for a minute. I am Yannis, 23 years old from Athens. I have been studying in UK since September 2004. In particular i have been doing a master degree in international management in Lancaster University. I have to admit that the course was very tough and quite demanding and intensive for people who are used in Greek reality. Event though i faced a lot of difficulties-today i had the last of them as i took my exams- i hope that i am almost done with my dissertation remaining. But there are slight possibilities that i will have to retake one exam.

I think thats enough for me. To be honest this is the first day i looked through this website and to tell the truth i had never heard before of phantis. After spending 2 hours of searching and reading several threads, i was realy impressed and registered...I became an active member and of course my eyes were glued on this specific thread. After reading it i feel like i know most of you for years....spiro,zorbas and everyone. The truth is that i am very unfamiliar with streaming and all this stuff/science but i am very willing to learn. And if this is not enough, i have to tell you that my speed qualifies for the requirements you ask....The good thing is that we are almost 5 Greeks who would give their lifes to watch this game. And since we stay in campus of the university we are provided connectivity by the university in very big speeds. I would just like to hear how can i help and contribute in searching for the links......And of course i would appreciate if "someone" could give me some steps or advice what to download and install and how to connect to the channel....We must hurry up....the game is tomorrow and more people are requiread, right? I know that this is very boring to explain to novice but i would do anything to watch this game and contribute to this search. If someone would like to help plz send me a p.m or post a reply to the thread. I would even give a phone call to somebody in order to help me with this.

In addition i would like to refer to Spiro and beg him not to leave. More voices just like you are essential in such forums. This is implied and by the word forum. It indicates collaboration and dialogue. Just ignore the rude and nerds....

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, I would like to point to what asteri said. I think best bet of many of us is trying to work on his suggestion. Log in when you're fast enough and ask everybody else considerable to do so as well ast least for those six hours. You may gonna owe something but it will make the difference.

See you all logged on for tomorrow. And we will command this group! Elladára!

Hello everyone. I am new here to this forum. I would just like to ask something. Half an hour ago i wrote almost 3 paragraphs to post and i pressed "add reply". But my reply never appeared at the thread....Does anybody know why? Anyway....nice to meet you....John

Allow me to repeat some things that were already said by others.

This is just in case some new members missed them.

The beginning of this topic has detailed instructions written by Spiro

(thanks a lot, Spiro) about how to install and run coolstreaming.

Go to http://clubs.phantis.com/sports/index.php?...topic=6174&st=0

and read the first post carefully.

A summary follows here:

To see the game and support the stream you need to install coolstreaming.

Go to http://www.coolstreaming.it/module/go.php?go=download

download, install and run coolstreaming ("C").

It will first open a small window with channel names and statistics.

While it normally takes only a second to show the channels, be patient.

In some cases, it may take a few minutes to show the channels.

Scroll through the channels with the up and down arrows, until you find

sportitalia. Once you are on it, double click it.

Normally this should be enough.

After a few minutes (be patient) windows media player will popup

and start playing the channel. NEVER close the original "C" window.

You may minimize or even close wmp, but never-never the "C".

If you see that the quality of sportitalia is low, still try and stay on,

assuming you have good upload speed.

If you don't have good upload speed, please do not connect,

as you cause problems to others and will not get to see anything.

Coolstreaming works best when there are lots of users with good upload speeds.

Even if one does not want to watch the game, just tell them to run

coolstreaming and click to sportitalia 2-3 hours before the game

to stabilize the stream. They can then shut down wmp and let "C" run,

while they are doing whatever other work they like on their computers.

If we reach 400 (good upload) users, it will look like real TV!

A tip: I noticed that the actual address that wmp opens is

http://127.0.0.1:6789/1.asf

This is a localhost address where the stream goes through.

It may be useful if you accidentally close wmp and what to restart it.

I am not sure if this address is the same for all users,

but give it a try if you need it.

i agree with zorba.....spiro and gastone have been great for this site and for me personally...i got to watch the game i couldn;t watch otherwise...thanks alot guys,....anyway if spiro and gastone leave or not, the "threateners" and such should be banned regardless, its simply wrong and they should be punishedd./.....gamise tous kai dioxte tous..eimai sigouros then theli kanenas tetoia savoura edo mesa...oso afora tous upolipous prepi na sunexisoume ti prospathia gia na mporesoume na doume tin elladara mas os to teliko....se ena xrono..., sti germania..., ferte mas ...., ferte mas ti brazilia!!!!!!!

PAIDIA... SPREAD THE WORD TO ALL UR FRIENDS WITH HIGH SPEED INTERNET

I AM TELLING EVERY KID ON MY BUDDY LIST TO DO IT...

THE MORE THE MERRIER AND THE MORE THAT HELPS US AND THE MORE TO WITNESS THE UKRANIANS LOSING TO THE BEST TEAM!!!

SPREAD THE WORD

ITS SIMPLE

the more the better

Moderators I believe something should be done to keep these guys on the site. I believe that anyone who criticized them either through a pm or posted directly in the chatroom should be banned, especially if they threatened them physically they should be immediatly banned from the site.

zorbas, the rules of these forum do not allow anyone to threaten other member, either on the forums or privately through pm's. Members can report such instances to the moderators and administrator, and they will deal with the matter. If spiro wants provide the administrators with the details of the threatening pm's he recieved, we will deal with the matter.

Guys earlier today I was able to watch channels on coolstreaming however right now coolstreaming is not listing any channels. Is the server somehow down? Can some of you check to see if you are having the same problem? If no one is having the same problem does anyone know what I can do to fix it?

paidia lipamai alla to coolsteaming mexri stigmis den douleui, xthes mia xara alla tora timpota.....an den douleui kai auro the sportfm.gr tha exei to paixnidi(radio).....to akouo

tora kai einai gamotos stathmos....goustaro

telos panton to kuriotero einai na nikisoume aurio, giauto kante oli mia proseuxi kai pame gia germania

zorba i noticed the same thing, i think the server may be down, anyway im leaving it on and hope it works, but just in case i got signed on to sportfm.gr who will supposedly have the game(for your listening pleasure only though)

Goustaro kai foumaro!!!

It works for me.

Check if you have a firewall.

How to turn off firewall in Windows XP:

Go to My Computer -> My Network Places -> View network connections ->

Change Windows Firewall settings -> General -> click on "Off"

It is not recommended, but just for one day it may be ok...

(no guarantees of course) Click OK, etc.

Shutdown "C" and WMPi (and possibly your connection),

and restart your connection and "C".

Reverse this after the game.

Hello everyone. I am new here to this forum. I would just like to ask something. Half an hour ago i wrote almost 3 paragraphs to post and i pressed "add reply". But my reply never appeared at the thread....Does anybody know why? Anyway....nice to meet you....John

echoes (John), welcome to the forums. The reason your post did not appear instantly is because new member's posts have to be approved by moderators for a short period of time. After the short trial period you will be able to post instantly.

same here guys i shutdown my personal firewall and opened up "C'' and let it sit there for 10 minutes a few times and nothing pops up the box stays blank. my internet connection is 7mb dl/1mb upload any suggestions or any 1 who is currently experiencing the samething post when its servers are up again ty!

Guys it seems that the server is down for most of us. If anyone has any solutions or alternatives please let us know? Those of you who are connected it doesn't hurt to let us know that as well. Please tell us where you are connected from, this may help us locate where the problem is stemming from. As for myself I am in in Northern California near Sacramento.

Us Greeks have this jealousy/negative approach to everything in life. Hence why we havent suceeded globally in many years. We should put all the nonsence and vlakies of threats aside, and believe me empty threats. People can be pretty tuff behind a keyboard and lambs in person.

Well, I hope all the fussing and the fighting is behind us all and we can enjoy a VERY important match for our boys in Blue & White.

Please dont let any of this garbage effect the way you look (SPIRO/GASTONE) at us, the majority of the community here on Phantis. We are all grateful and appreciate the hard work and efforts made by all here.

I've been following phantis for about a year now and just recently became a member. So you can say "first time caller, long time listener" lol

Archived