Phantis Forums

Do Small Greek Clubs play to Defensive against OLY

One thing that has really got to me this year is the way smaller clubs play against

the bigger clubs, most importantly Olympiacos.

Do you think introducing 4 Points for a Win, 1 point scoreless draw and 2 points for a scored draw will encourage teams to attack..

Lets Face it the Greek League needs to Change its Face........

Of course they do

As does everyone against Milan and Barcelona, Brazil NT etc

Small teams realize that it is the only way not to be defeated by goleada

Any team who want to be really great has to find a remedy or a key to open the locks

It is sad but that is the harsh reality

Laterals are very important in this schedule

And of course, not missing the one contra one against the goalkeepers if we break the lock, because the opportunities will not be abundant

And also, do not forget to light a candle to the saint of the Dokari, and bag that he will honour the rivals this time

One thing that has really got to me this year is the way smaller clubs play against

the bigger clubs, most importantly Olympiacos.

Do you think introducing 4 Points for a Win, 1 point scoreless draw and 2 points for a scored draw will encourage teams to attack..

Lets Face it the Greek League needs to Change its Face........

My friens Greek soccer needs more than a face lift it needs ALOT!

It's hard to start by one thing like the point system and all and go from there because really, the point system is doing great all around the worls. What Greek soccer really needs is a good foundation and that's really starting from the top down. I'm talking about Presidents, managers, coaches, politicians that are involved and so on. This is a great topic and something that we can talk about all day.

The one thing that Grrek clubs and I'm talking about the "small ones" here. They need to ALWAYS think that they can beat these ginats like OSFP, PAO, AEK etc..

:tup:

you are right about lots of things having to change so that greek football moves on.

about the small teams beating the big clubs, we saw some surprises this year. just recently aek-ionikos 0-1, or before that ergotelis-osfp 2-1 and early in the season kerkyra-pao 2-0.

maybe it was just his season, but it seemed as if the smaller teams didnt have that huge respect from the big ones they had in the past. like that results like the above were possible.

the problem afterwards is, that these small teams dont have the money to keep their good players and they are bought by the bigger clubs, where lots of times these young players spend most of their time on the bench and their talent gets lost. e.g. kouloucheris of osfp, was supposed to be the upcoming talent in defense, but more or less never got his chance to prove it. or even taralidis. i dont think he would have gotten much playtime if kafes wouldnt have been injured and the same time stoltidis banned for two matches.

this is in my eyes one of the biggest problems in greek football. the work with the youth is just not as developed like in other countries. just ajax for example, they make a huge part of their money selling their young players to big teams. and every year they have another young player that takes over the position. and still they are able to compete in europe. this shows that it is not neccessary to get foreign players every year to make the team better. we also have to look what the greek youth is doing.

the other problem, about the people in charge is difficult to change. basically what is missing is a simple law, with no loopholes to get away for the teams if they or their fans make trouble. and if you really want to change something these people should have to be fired and be replaced by people who want put all the offered money in their pockets. but that is unrealistic and will not happen since these kind of people wont be found in greece.

another problem is the huge presence in the media of all these people. through them they get enormous power but cant handle it. its more like small children teasing each other, just in a bigger extent. e.g. kokkalis announcement about the pao-ofi-relationship. that was just ridiculous.

if you look at greek football in general it is just a big mess. till this changes it will take a long time with decisions that some people might not like. but there has to be done something.

If u go to any league

basically every small market team plays defensive minded when playing the bigger clubs

i think English teams are the exception to that

but take the Greek cup final today

Aris did stay back in the game but created two terrific chances that should have been goals

of course many would stay bad striking but give credit to the keeper

i mean alot of these smaller clubs have alot of debt and the end result is they have no money

the league needs to create and better financial stability and to create better youyh groups

Archived