1. 1. What is the price you would pay?

• Less than $10 per game
    • $10 per game
    • $15 per game
    • $20 per game
    • $25 per game
    • $30 per game
    • More than $30 per game

:gr: Although these games are priceless if the Greek National Team World Cup 2006 qualifying games were available through Dish Network how much would you pay per game to watch it in your home tv? :gr:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The results of this poll will be sent to DishNetwork with a request to include the Greek national team in their future programming. Your vote is kindly requested! The more the merrier!

There are no guarranties that Dishnetwork will give a sh*t but at least we'll try!

Guest GreekSoussou

We might as well try. So everyone vote $30 plus dollars, and Dish will realize it makes money, and they will put the game on. WHO PICKED 15 DOLLARS.

In ideal situation, I want the games available through ERT-Sat live and as part of my subscription to that channel. Since that will never happen, I am willing to pay 20 bucks for a PPV showing. That's how much I pay to see the games at a local bar. At least this way I could just stay home, enjoy the game, don't pay extra for drinks, and even tape the game for my archives.

FH... 3 years ago... I remember nobody would have liked to know..anything about the Greek NT.... after the Ukraina-Greece 2:0 game.... everybody was swearing at them...and many of you would even not watch the games even for free....

Suddenly...all jumped on the Bandwagon....

Guest GreekSoussou

I would pay more than $20.

1. You dont have to pay for drinks

2. You can split the cost with friends

3. You can stay home

The most interesting thing so far is that we only got 19 votes! The poll has been on for a day with 200 views and only 19 of us voted!

It's like people don't care! They read the post and they leave. Most of them are unregister users (guests) who can't vote, but they don't bother to register either!They will all run to beg for a link to watch the game though! I remember during the GEO-GRE week we had 5,700 views and 96 people PMed me for the link! Where are they now?

I will wait for a month and then I'll send the results of the poll to Dish with a link to this page for verification. If we are not enough they won't even bother answering back to us.

Guest GreekSoussou

But still it can be more than 19. Spiro even though some of us didn't have the link for the Georgia game, it was the best way. Whoever cares about watching should get the link. Others go find it. 19 votes to watch the national team is pitiful

In a perfect world, I'd be willing to pay 15$ to watch the games. Now, realistically, I'd go as high as 30, but not a penny more. That's a good idea to send this to Dish network.. there is A LOT of demand. Too bad Setanta has the copyrights. Not everybody likes to go to smoky bars to watch their national team.

FH...  3 years ago... I remember nobody would have liked to know..anything about the Greek NT.... after the Ukraina-Greece 2:0 game.... everybody was swearing at them...and many of you would even not watch the games even for free....

Suddenly...all jumped on the Bandwagon....

I do not know about that.

The NT has always been my priority. Only the "porormenoi" fanatics in Greece put their club team ahead of the NT.

But that was common before the triumph of July 4th 2004

Unfortunately the NT had not given Greece too much reason for celebration, since the 1980 Euro, and the qualification to the tragic 94 WC :(

I have watched every NT game since the 2-2 in England, either taped from Greece or at the bars.

Most real football fans fall in this category.

Of course there are millions that never watched football before the miracle of 2004 :gr: and are all of a sudden BLUE and WHITE to...the core.

Still there is nothing wrong with that :)

I dont care how high the price would be, i'll pay it, this greek team is once in a lifetime, and we should enjoy every minute it plays

YES I agree.

I have been following the NT closely for years and I have to agree that this has to be the most special one.

Not just because of the success, nor the quality of players. What makes it special and above ALL others, is the bond, friendships and team spirit that this group has.

You can tell a team by the way they celebrate.

We all have to agree that this group celebrates like a TEAM and NOT individuals.

The greatest achievement of this group of players and coaches would be, to instill this team spirit to the new generation of players,

and sadly coaches, that will eventually have to replace them.

Back to the poll:

People that live outside North America should still vote.

Your opinion counts regardless of location.

It is an indication of the strong interest in the Greek NT generated by our recent glory. :gr:

PEACE

Guest GreekSoussou

^ It is very bad. Dish Network is a huge company, they are not going to listen to a poll with 25 people. I bet you if it said if you vote you get a link for Greece Denmark there would be 500 votes. That's why it is a krima

Absolutely. And don't stop with just replying to this poll. Contact Dishnetwork directly and voice your opinion. Tell them you subscribe to the Greek package, and that you want to see the Greek team through Dishnetwork. If they get requests from different sources, they will listen.

Their phone number is 1-800-333-3474, or you can voice your opinion or ask questions through:

Dishnetwork e-mail contact

Guest GreekSoussou

Guys you pay 20 bucks to see it at the bars. Wouldn't you pay at least a little more to see it in the comfort of your own home. I just spoke to dish network about the Greek stuff, and they said they will look into it <_<

^ It is very bad. Dish Network is a huge company, they are not going to listen to a poll with 25 people. I bet you if it said if you vote you get a link for Greece Denmark there would be 500 votes. That's why it is a krima

I meant it wasnt bad for this website to get 25 votes. Of course dish network is a huge company and there not gonna listen to 25 ppl, times that number by 100 and then maybe they will. But if Spiro actually thought 100's and 100's would vote on this forum then hes got another thing coming.

Panathinaikos_Trifilli,

I never had any hopes to attract 100's of people and vote in this poll. Although Phantis Sports Forums have more than 1500 registered users I was hoping that may be 100-150 would go the extra mile and vote and then sending a nice email, trying to convince Dishnetwork that this poll is only a mirror of a small greek community and that they should consider our demand, demand of the whole omogenia.

The more the merrier of course for us. I remember during the Euro 2004 finals I wrote them an email warning them that I will discontinue service if they won't carry the games (they were very late announcing that they will carry them). Of course they did not give a sh*t about me but I am sure other people (not only Greeks) did the same thing and they last minute bid on the games and they got them.

What I am trying to say is that they need a push. The bigger, the more serious they will take it.

personally I would pay 15 or 20. if it was 30, I would still probably do it, these guys can charge whatever they want because they know that the die hard fans will pay anything.

I also have my relatives in Greece tape the games for me and mail me the tapes so i can have a copy of the game to watch in the future

Archived