Phantis Forums

Who Supports who in Greece

Evergreen

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vasili0s, I would be PROUD to list my team's so-called shames in Europe just like the victories because a true fan should be PROUD of any result his team gets...

1962-63 AC Milan-Galatasaray: 5-0 (Champions Cup Quarters - We won the second leg 3-1 in Istanbul and that Milan team had superstars of its time)

1999-2000 Galatasaray-Chelsea: 0-5 (Champions League 1st Phase - Perhaps the biggest loss in GS history but ironically we went on to lift the UEFA Cup that season)

2001-2002 AS Roma-Galatasaray: 1-1 (Champions League 2nd Phase - Not a shame as a result but I still remember those 'fascist' Italian cops trying to kick our players)

2002-2003 Fenerbahce-Galatasaray: 6-0 (SuperLeague - The biggest loss in GS history vs Fenerbahce)

1988-89 Neuchatel-Galatasaray: 3-0 (Champions Cup - We came back in Istanbul to crush them 5-0 and went on to play in Champions Cup Semi Finals)

1996-97 PSG-Galatasaray: 4-0 (Cup Winners Cup - After winning 4-2 at Ali Sami Yen, we were humiliated by a Weah-inspired PSG team that went on to win the cup that season)

1966-67 SK Rapid Vienna-Galatasaray: 4-0 (Fair Cities Cup - A big loss but not a shame clearly because that Rapid team was a masterful one)

1976-77 Galatasaray-RSC Anderlecht: 1-5 (Cup Winners Cup - Again a humiliating defeat to a very strong team of the time)

1972-73 FC Bayern-Galatasaray: 6-0 (Champions Cup - A bad defeat to the best team of its time including Kaiser, Maier, Muller, Netzher)

1997-98 AC Sparta Praha-Galatasaray: 3-0 (Champions League - Perhaps the most desperate display of Galatasaray in recent years)

2003-04 SAD Villarreal-Galatasaray: 3-0 (UEFA Cup - We were totally crushed by a rather poor team from Spain)

2003-04 Olympiacos-Galatasaray: 3-0 (Champions League - Another desperate performance it was and more shame followed when Mondi-Djole case happened)

So Vasili0s... These are the big defeats of Galatasaray but know that this team has several memorable wins in Europe like the 4-1 at Mallorca in 1999-2000 UEFA Cup or the 5-0 vs Neuchatel in 1988-89 Champions Cup or the 3-0 vs Rosenborg in 1998-99 Champions League or the 3-0 vs Ferencvaros in 1962-63 Champions Cup or the 3-2 vs Real Madrid in 2000-01 Champions League or our cup winning finals vs Arsenal and Real Madrid in 2000...

I always am proud to be a Galatasaray fan whatever the condition my team is in and will forever be!!! And please, next time when you come up with something that tries to humiliate people, be more objective and realistic... This Dragonfly stuff does not suit you...

I too am proud of my club, threw thick and thin I will always be there supporting it as I always have. I was merely showing Evergreen his own fair share of results

Furthermore, I think it's rather obvious that the past few seasons (at least the last 2), Olympiakos has had the stronger side in CL as opposed to PAO. Including this year, where Olympiakos was far more consistant and lost first place during a horrendous 45 minute half that was enough to end everything in the last matchday.

And if you don't want me attempting to humiliate you, then stray far from initiating conflict with your hall of shame comment.

Guest Protathlitis

yes turk, a real fan sticks with his team through thick and thin (not sure about being PROUD of large defeat but anyway). thanks for listing your disgraces and I hope this shows you that you should be more objective when talking about other clubs

Furthermore, I think it's rather obvious that the past few seasons (at least the last 2), Olympiakos has had the stronger side in CL as opposed to PAO.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

This so called 'stronger' side includes the 7-0 ass kicking against the Juve reserves and finishing 4th in the group. PAO finished 3rd in theirs.

This season, this so called 'stronger' side managed to achieve 3 1-0 wins me to zori at home that even most objective Oly fans admitted was me to zori.

PAO only finished one point behind your greatest ever champions league showing and scored more than you as well.

Gotta hand it toy you Oly fans, your blindness is like else I have ever seen.

But anyway, well done for your fantastic efforts in the last two CL campaigns. For a club like yours and your non-existent histroy, they were great achievements, even the 7-0 dribbing by Juve reserves was an honour :P

Guest Protathlitis

youll struggle to find somebody who isnt a hardcore vazelaki and thinks that pao had better euro campaign than Osfp this year

your complaining that our wins were only 1-0? lol talk about blindness we completely dominated the teams at home and we extremely unlucky not to get even a draw at monaco or a win at depor

pao on the other hand played s%$#! football just about all of the time and then got a very flattering 4-1 win at home to make it all better

its only gonna get worse for you gays and that doesnt make me as happy as youd think seeing as we just lost another automatic spot in CL to the portuguese

well at least we stick by our team through the 7-0 losses and the 3-1

u guys lose to aek 3-1 at home and give up so easily I mean after the 3-1 loss pappou and a lot of u are like were done blah blah blah fire coach vardinogianni !

ANyways despite the 7-0 losss we had a 1-4-1 record like u guys did only like I said the whole group got to beat the power rangers

we had tougher teams

so I would not brag to the whole world about a 1-4-1 record !

but Like I have said.. if u guys finish 0-5-1 and us - 0-6.. u would be all proud

PS: about the 1-0 wins.. yeah we won at least . they didnt even score at karaiskaki and u guys should relate .. u guys didn''t score either !

1971 Champions Cup Semi-Final at Apostolos Nikolaidis (Leoforos) Stadium.

Panathinaikos Athens 3 Red Star Belgrade 0

Posted Image

Photographic evidence of Olympiakos fans jumping on the PAO bandwagon for a day in the sun. A few years later they said it was a conspiracy by the Junta, CIA, STAZI, MOSHAD and KGB for PAO to reach the final.

Guest Protathlitis

haha come on evergreen, that banner is just hounta as well (what a nationalistic thing it to say how all Greece is united behind this Greek team) forget about any political differences we have because pao just beat red star 4-1.

as if we would put that horse feed logo on a banner :nono:

what some of us say is very simple; much more simple then some of your consiparacies:

after you lost 3-0 in Serbia the hounta, knowing the huge benefits it would have for the regime's image, paid the yugoslavs to lose the match for a price they saw fit

I might not have been alive for it but people I know who arent used to coming up with conspiracies theories say its 'obvious'

Guest Protathlitis

Panathinaikos Athens 4 Red Star Belgrade 1

by the way, dont you mean:

Red Star Belgrade 4 - 1 pao and not the other way around? red star knew they couldent score themselves otherwise they wouldent get paid ;)

Panathinaikos Athens 4 Red Star Belgrade 1

by the way, dont you mean:

Red Star Belgrade 4 - 1 pao and not the other way around? red star knew they couldent score themselves otherwise they wouldent get paid ;)

Thanks for correcting me with the score. I'm still high on the basketball :tup:

I think its just pointless to compare what cannot be compared, and how you even bother to answer to the Gauroi as to who has been better in Europe.

But can I ask you vazeloi fellows a question: If Olympiakos reached the final of the UEFA cup, would you support them?

I would support them 100%. I would be like those guys thaqt evergreen shows. I would even travel to watch this final.

What do you guys think? :gr: :gr:

Remember Aris sto basket. Don't say that a team cannot unite us all!!

Guest Protathlitis

nobody says that Osfp has been better in europe zacho. obviously pao has been better in europe

That wasnt what the argument was about

I think its just pointless to compare what cannot be compared, and how you even bother to answer to the Gauroi as to who has been better in Europe.

But can I ask you vazeloi fellows a question: If Olympiakos reached the final of the UEFA cup, would you support them?

I would support them 100%. I would be like those guys thaqt evergreen shows. I would even travel to watch this final.

What do you guys think? :gr: :gr:

Remember Aris sto basket. Don't say that a team cannot unite us all!!

You cannot compare supporting Aris in Europe to supporting Olympiakos.

The hatred is too deep. I don't know Zachos if you have lived in Greece and supported PAO as an organised fan but I would never- could never support the gauroi. If they were to play Galatasaray in a CL final I would support Galatasaray, heck, if given the chance might even bang the drum in the UltraArslan curva.

This has nothing to do between Greece and Turkey, but CLUBS. There is a very big differance in country and club.

If you feel like it your are more than welcome opening a topic with a title as such,

"Would you ever support your most hated club enemies in a European Cup final"?

Heck, I'll do it and everyone can post what they like.

Guest Protathlitis

damn and I thought I hated pao

you wouldent support us in a CL final against galatas? what about when we played in CL

I supported you against fener like you were my own club!!

damn and I thought I hated pao

you wouldent support us in a CL final against galatas? what about when we played in CL

I supported you against fener like you were my own club!!

Yes and I respect that but you can only follow your heart. If it made you happy seeing us win then that's cool But you were not ultimately looking at it as PAO- Fener, but Greece - Turkey and I can understand and appreciate that. Ofcourse I have to admit that when that banner appeared it did become Greece vs Turkey. On the other hand though, the Turks said that we weren't any better presenting EOKA flags. So there is two ways of looking at it but what ultimately happend everyone sticks to their own and is why all the fans, including many Olympiakos Gate 7 fans put aside their hatred for PAO for these two ties.

But you must also think this is something that was done by a handful of individusl from boths sides but it was enough to almost create a....diplomatic incident.

Guest Protathlitis

I realise that but that doesent change anything for me. it was always a Greece-turks tie

so did you end up with a smile on your face when we smashed the turks in athens?

Archived