Phantis Forums

Trond Sollied

trifilli

Tzoff basically did what ever coach of Italy should take them to the final. He didn't win it though while he failed badly with Lazio.

Trap did squat at Bayern. It was one of their worst periods under him.

Maldini is jst an average coach who has not done anything worthwhile I can record.

Trap had his time in the 80's With Juventus and Inter. Since 1988 when he won Inter's last scudetto he has done ditto.

I just think you have a fetish with Italian coaches.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know that we won't have a coach playing Seville in the first match? Even if this guy gets to Athens soon, he can't do much to prepare the team for the UEFA game.... Anyway, I didn't think, after the way we've been playing, that we had a chance to advance... this season is lost.

Another thing that bothers me about this Sollid guy is that how come he can leave his team in the middle of their run??!!!!! Think about it! The team is not struggling, there are no problems between players/coach/management, and yet, this guy jumps ship because another team offers him more money!

How would you like it he were with PAO, doing well, and left in the middle of everything to go to another team?!!!!!!

Let's see this objectively, not because we want him to come to PAO now.

You know that we won't have a coach playing Seville in the first match?  Even if this guy gets to Athens soon, he can't do much to prepare the team for the UEFA game.... Anyway, I didn't think, after the way we've been playing, that we had a chance to advance... this season is lost.

Another thing that bothers me about this Sollid guy is that how come he can leave his team in the middle of their run??!!!!! Think about it! The team is not struggling, there are no problems between players/coach/management, and yet, this guy jumps ship because another team offers him more money!

How would you like it he were with PAO, doing well, and left in the middle of everything to go to another team?!!!!!! 

Let's see this objectively, not because we want him to come to PAO now.

auto to teleutaio pou eipes me provlimatizei kai emena.........

so, what the f*ck is going on with Solid?????? im totally confused...... lets stay with Filakouri........ we need somebody like Filakouri!!

out of curiosity, i have noticed that major greek sites etc reported skaznys firing and trond solid etc.....but on pao.gr i havent read a word...as if skazny is still there- and they have been updating it too. Same with English sources- uefa.com had nothing nor anything esle i had seen.

if we are willing to give some money and time for a good succesfull coach why don't we get someone like the x-deportivo lacorunia coach xvier ioureta who is really a good coach 7 years with depor he has done a lot of stuff!

an other thing i don't get is why everybody is bragging about the 4-3-3 system????

didn't scazni or santos (aek coach) tried that and our team prooved unable to perform???

panathinaikos does have two and only avaliable systems he can perform

the 4-4-2 or the 5-4-1 because we are team that needs to have a solid defence in order to feel safe to attack and score.

if you do not like the way pao is playing then change team and become osfp or aek fun. it is as simple as that because when you play in the chapions league against moster teams like chelsea real etc... you can't go on and attack them because they will destroy you. :nono:

i think theres something fishy going on

cos this article reports that Scazny was about to get fired and that Pao were targeting Trond

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.a...l=Football_Home

I think the deal is done but i have a feeling he wont come till the end of the season as Brugges wont release him

I say we get Vazexa as interim coach :tup:

DRAKOS 13 YOU SAY WE DIDN'T PLAY 4-3-3 UNDER SKAZNI ?

VOUTER/SCKACHEL KOSTADINOU HARALABIDIS/SAMARTEAN

ANDRICH/MARICH GONZALES BASINAS

ROUBAKI/MINCH GOUMAS/KYRIAKOS MORRIS/HENGISEN VINTRA

GALINOVITS/HALKIAS/KOTSOLIS

4-3-3 is a system you can convert to a 4-5-1, in any game.

However scasny whilst claiming he will use a 4-3-3 just disguised his love for the 4-5-1.

You cant play attacking football, in a 4-5-1 formation, when you have 2 DMC's and wide players such as Svouras/Skacel/Maric (played there sometimes.)etc.

Now that we signed wingers( whether they are good who knows for now!) maybe the new coach will play an actual 4-3-3 formation.

I AGREE 4-3-3 CAN BECOME 4-5-1

BUT CHECK OLD GAMES AND YOU WILL SEE PAO ALWAYS PLAYED ONE STABLE SYSTEM IN EACH GAME THE 4-4-2. SOME TIMES THE COACH WOULD CHANGE ONE CENTER FORWARD FOR AN EXTRA CENTRAL DEFENDER THAT WOULD TAKE THE LIBERO POSSITION.

BY THE WAY I WANT TO PAY TRIBUTE TO OUR MOST INTELIGENT DEFENDER "RENE HENGRISEN" THE PAST YEARS EVER SINCE THE CRAZY GOOD TRIO OF"KALITZKI, OUZOUNIDI, KOLITSIDAKI" THAT TOOK US TO THE CHAPIONS LEAGUE SEMIS..

THE TWO MAJOR SYSTEMS WERE 4-4-2

AND FOR SOME DIFFICULT AWAY GAMES ESPECIALY IN CHAPIONS LEAGUE 5-4-1

WHY I SAY ALL THESE ?

IT IS SO DAMN SIMPLE.

AS LONG AS I REMEMBER PAO PLAY, IN ORDER FOR THEM TO WIN A GAME THEY HAVE TO FEEL SAFE IN THE BACK. AND WHEN I MEAN SAFE I MEAN SOLID DEFENCE, POSSESION OF BALL, ORGANIZED ATTACTS, GOOD SCORING AVERAGE FROM SET PLAYS, FINALY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY BALL IS PLAYED ON THE FLOOR WITH SHORT PASSES AND GOOD 2-1-2 PASSING.

THATS IT PLAIN AND SIMPLE

DO YOU THINK THAT SERGIO MARKARIAN WAS A MAGISIAN?

to sportime leei kati gia ton Xalilxotzits pou apolithike apo tin Pari......... what do you guys think about him?? I think hes suck........ look what he did to Pari.....

I think it would be a huge mistake to bring Halilhodzic to PAO. His reputation is one which is unwarranted in my opinion. He's overrated and wouldn't command the respect of the players.

Athinaios brings up a very good point. For this guy to leave at this time of the year is somewhat worrisome. I think that is why there is a whole boatload of hesitation on Sollied's/Brugge's part to confirm this move. My feeling is that he'll wait until the end of the season if he's going to come.

I'd rather keep Fylakouris for now and not make a harried move... .This Haliitzodzic is not good for PAO. We can't afford another Shumscazni and waste time and the dreams of our fans. I think the season is over for us, as far titles... Get a CL spot for next season and wait another few weeks to find a coach.

I'd even go for getting waiting until the end of the season to get a nice coach for the team. Because a bad choice will have us at the same point next year this time... and we'll be saying the same things then.

I don't know, but I'm fed up with changing one crappy coach after another. If I'm not mistaken, PAO may hold a record for coach-changing in the last 10-20 years.

Gents, while we are discussing formations. I believe that PAO this past season should have been playing a 3-5-2 formation, because of the type of players that it had. A coach has to adapt to the style of players that are in the team in order for them to be succesfull. A 3-5-2 allows the team to play offensivelly and maintain their shape in the back. It allows for two defensive midfielders and a creative midfielder is allowed to roam with out worrying about his defensive duties. The outisde players are the ones that do the dirty work by defending wide and attack. While attacking you will have more than 2 players around the 18, which should create more oppurtunities for scoring.

Remember it is the players that make the coach.

I don't know, but I'm fed up with changing one crappy coach after another. If I'm not mistaken, PAO may hold a record for coach-changing in the last 10-20 years.

Really? I thought Olympiakos would have held that illustrious title for the last 8 years or so. It couldn't be that bad...

I doubt that, it's probably some Brazilian team, that league is almost literal revolving door w/coaches :LOL: :ph34r: . Though at this rate the Greek League is slowly catching up :( <_< .

With all of the uncertainity and stuff I've seen in the press...who actually is coaching PAO for this weekend's game (and the UEFA Cup game w/ Seville)?? People on this board are going w/ Fylakouris. I've never heard of him (granted I'm relatively new to following Greek Soccer and PAO). I assume he's some kind of assistant. Clarification would be greatly appreciated. :nw:

Fylakouris is an ex player of PAO and the coach of our youth team which is doing quite well at the moment. He will be in charge on the weekend. Not sure what will happen against Sevile.

pao needs some ex pao player like Filakouri...... autoi oi paixtes exoun matosei gia tin fanela kai mporoun aneta na anevasoun tin psixologia tou kathe paixti...... o Filakouris apo auta pou diavazo mexri simera maresei etsi pos milaei stous paixtes... marese auto pou eipe "Thelo na sas koitao sta matia... kai na eimai yperifanos gia esas otan pao piso stous pitsirikous".... for me auto itan "korifeo"..... bravo re Toti thirio...... as koitaksoume oloi oti oi palioi paixtes pou einai proponites pane mia xara........ for example: Lemonis, Vlaxos, Anastopoulos, Rotsa, and some others that i cant remember right now...... o Filakouris ta paei excelent me tous mikrous..... oi pitsirikoi paizoun damn good ball!!!

Its not bad idea to keep Filakouri...... I wanna see it!

Archived