Phantis Forums

Where's the Youth?

evalagoal

Why doesn't Olympiacos Play their youth players in Cup Games just as we see all over Europe?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Why doesn't Olympiacos Play their youth players in Cup Games just as we see all over Europe?

• (A) Olympiacos is afraid to loose to some 4th Division Team
    • (B) The Coach is afraid that if his team looses he'll be sacked
    • (C) We're Greeks we know more than anyone else in Europe
    • (D) We don't have enough good youth talent in Greece
    • (E) Greek soccer is 15yrs behind

Please help me understand this everyone.

It seems that everytime I look at another league's CUP competiotion games I see youth in the lineups (other than 2-3 regulars). And the funny thing about it is that these teams STILL perform as if their 1st team would. Now is this something becasue they know something that we don't, or is it becasue we're 15yrs behind all of them?

I'm all for youth and I think that this is the direction that Greek soccer needs to go but for some reason though I don't see it

Please feel free to post your idea and comments

:tup:

WE ARE GREEK BABY!!! WE KNOW ALLL!!!!! just kiddin...i dunno, i think the youth playrs have to be more integrated in the big clubs because im seeing alot of great young players going to lower teams and never fully developing their talents and abilites...

the main problem in greece as a coach is, that as soon as you try new things, like using new players, and you fail.......you are six feet under the next day.

if a coach doesnt follow the "traditional" path of greek football to succeed with his team and his tactics dont work he will get smashed by the media, the fans and will eventually be fired.

all these "xrises genies", for example kargounis, basinas, etc it looks now more as if it was pure luck to find these very talented players (although there is no doubt that pao has the best youth academy in greece).

this is another step greece has to take if they want to close the gap between the big ones of soccer.

i definityl agree with u...if you look in the premierhsip and serie a..most team throws in afew of their youth players every now and then to give em a test..if they withstand it well then they get another chance..this is how we shud get youth integrated in our squads and lineups...pao especially..we ave so much young talent but they are getting older and older and are given senior contracts but never play and then get loaned out to some small club where their potential fails...the greek football system in general is in a verybad situation...

i definately agree with pao123, we promote all these youngsters, last year we promoted around 4, this year we just promoted around 5 or so, but we never see them play, in the beginning of the year oxizoglou, mbousanakis, im not sure if thats right, but yea some youngsters played in the friendlies, but in general i just dont see greek teams being able to risk a defeat, so instead of puttin the fresh talent to help them reach their potential, they put in the bench players to give the starters a rest, but overall in the past few years there havnt been any breakthrough players or highly valued player like weve had in the past in karagounis, basinas, choutos(he used to be the future of greek football), etc.

hopefully things will change

choutos(he used to be the future of greek football)

this guy just makes me angry. i think that if he wouldnt have had that injury for a long time and if he would have had a proper manager and not his father, he could now be one of the star players in europe.

its a pity this kid never had a brain.

The youth at Olympiakos are only good for cleaning oranges :P :P Lets hope the boys are given a chance because the team has an average age of 32 :tdown:

EXACTLY!

What the hell is that all about "AVG AGE OF 32" I mean doesn't the "upper management" see this and look across Europe and see that other major club team avg. age is like 24-27

This needs to change in Greek soccer.... :tdown:

Archived