Phantis Forums

Summer 2005 Transfer period

Batigol

I would be shocked if Zagorakis came to PAOK. It would be great though!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also doubt Zagorakis will come to PAOK. We can't afford to pay him 800K no matter how much of a PAOKtzis Theo is.

Supposedly the "big transfer" Goumenos is talking about is some Hungarian player that is being set free by his German team due to severe injury. at least that's what the Athenian sports press is reporting.

On another front, PAOK has extended the contract of Koutsoupoulos for one more year.

The issue with Feutchine has been resolved. His manager had a meeting with Goumenos, and it appears that they agreed on a payment schedule for the money that is owed to the player. Additionaly, they agreed on extending Feutchine's contract with a slight raise in his salary.

PAOK has signed a 17-year old goalkeeper Konstantinos Paliouras from ASB Magnissiakos. He is a member of the NT paidon.

Finally it is reported that Portsmouth is interested in Ifeani Udese.

The Feutchine saga continues. It appears that he has agreed to a contract with PAO worth 300K per year, and is now trying hard to regain his freedom from PAOK by doing a "prosfygi". PAE PAOK have deposited some money into his lawyers bank account in order to avoid EPAE setting the player free, but with the banking system in Greece being in strike mode, it is not certain if this was done in a timely fashion.

In other news Giannis Goumenos is promising a big signing by the end of the week. Everyone assumes that this big signing is Theo Zagorakis, but I would not believe anything coming out of the sports press.

Finally the Iliadis saga is supposed to come to an end this week. PAOK will pay Kalamaria 200K for the player, and they will offer a player or two in exchange. Zisopoulos is rumored to be one of the players. Also as part of the deal, PAOK will probably give Moyano to kalamria onloan basis.

Yes, Zagorakis has signed a deal with Goumenos one month ago to come back to PAOK. The onnly remaining obstacle is for Bologna to officially release him from his contract. I did not believe that he would come back, so this is quite a welcome suprise.

You can read more about this here:

http://www.metrosport.gr/modules.php?name=FirstPageNews&func=viewcurrent&varid=34827'>

Zagorakis almost back to PAOK, that's f*cking awesome!!!! I can't believe it!

How we're going to pay for him is another story....

GO PAOK!!! :tup:

I'm speechless.

I really never thought this move would go through as I thought it was a bunch of b.s. tossed out by the papers that are Goumenos friendly. The world gets stranger and stranger all the time.

A solid move on PAOK's part to bring in a veteren of Zagorakis's skill and stature. He can shift the game and turn the tide on his own. A true midfielder who can control things defensively and open up slots on the offense. Obviously his age is an issue but if PAOK can squeeze out the full 2 years then more power to them.

I almost forgot about Tsiartas.

I remember posting a few weeks back that Skoda Xanthi were close to getting Tsiartas and it seemed like a good fit.

The possibility of having him here at PAOK is an interesting one. I still think that he can play but only with certain conditions. Mostly that he only play the last 20 minutes or so and isn't given a defensive responsibility.

His age is a factor of course. And his salary demands should plummet faster than a lead balloon at this point. If PAOK could get him on the cheap then go for it I'd say.

Neither Zagorakis or Iliadis have been signed yet.

Zagorakis has made an announcement saying that he is a player of Bologna with one year left on his contract, and that he intends on honoring that contract. This might be tactical move on his part (I hope), in order to be released by Bologna without compensation.

As for Iliadis, only the official announcement is expected according to the media. Ilaidis will come to PAOK for cash and players that will be either loaned or given to Kalamaria. Players mentioned are Zisopoulos, Andriopoulos (or Psomiadis) and Skarmoutsos.

Additional we will most likely also sign Arabatzis from Panserraikos. In return we will probably loan Moyano and another player to Panserraikos.

PAOK is supposedly looking at signing the 21-year old Bosnian offensive player Karalic from Banja Luka. Karalic plays for the Bosnian U-21 NT.

Finally, today the Feutchine prosfygi was heard and an a verdict es expected no later than 10 days from now.

Please brign us Zagorakis and Illiadis and de watch PAOK this season..

But we need the help of the fans...

IF I LIVED IN GREECE I WOULD BE A EVERY GAME SIMPLE AS THAT!!!

TI LAOS EXOUME POU OLO LEMAI MEGALOS LASO EXOUME!! DROPI

Christodopoulos shown at the end last year that he has a future at PAOK and as a under 19 internastional it futhers the fact that the kid is quality .

However if he is not to eb given chances in the Paok first 18 then our best optiosn would be to loan him out for a year or two..

Eleftheriadis and Konteon were loaned out last year dotn see them getting much chance maybe for Konteon as he is an out and out striekr but elftheriadis they reckon his a paixtarada but never seen him.

Balafas should be given chances becuse when u start loanign players they never really fit back into the squad except for slapigidis

I am not too excited by our new signing. He is young and supposedly played 5 games for the Bosnian U-21 NT. I have checked the last few Bosnian U-21 games, and he did not appear in any of those games. So he must have played there a while back. Additionaly the team he played for Bosnia, Banja Luka was relegated to B' Division. Obviously only time will tell if he has a spot on PAOk, but right now I am not impressed. And on top of that he is taking one of the foreign spots on the team.

Spears, I have merged the topic you opened about loans into this one, since we are discussing players coming and going at PAOK.

As far as loans are concerned, that should be decided in few days. Players that are probably going to be loaned are Zisopoulos and one of our young goalies (Andripoulos, Psomiadis) to Kalamaria. PAOK has also asked Skarmoutsos to be loaned, but the player does not want to leave. Also Moyano will most likely be loaned to Panserraikos in the deal that will bring Arabatzis to PAOK.

It appears that the Iliadis saga will continue for a while. It is being reported that a deal is being worked out between PAOK and Kalamaria. The latest news is that PAOK will pay Kalamaria 200K + the following players: Andriopoulos and Zisopoulos and possibly Skarmoutsos. Also PAOK will play a friendly with Kalamaria at Toumba, and the proceeds will go to Kalamaria. Also PAOk has offered Kalamaria the use of Toumba Stadium forthe big games against Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, and AEK. It has also been reported that AEK has approached Apollon about Iliadis, but Kalamaria asked Nikolaidis 800K for the player (:wacko:). Let's see what happens.

Is Iliadis any good? What position does he play?

Archived