Phantis Forums

Summer 2005 Transfer period

Batigol

Fatih Akyel is a psycho, and he has no honour. He left Galatasaray for Fenerbahçe, and said "I was a Fenerbahçe fan, although I played in Galatasaray". Nobody like him h very much now in Turkey. :)

Fatih Akyel in Leoforos for PAO 4-1 Fenerbahçe

Posted Image

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fatih Akyel is a psycho, and he has no honour. He left Galatasaray for Fenerbahçe, and said "I was a Fenerbahçe fan, although I played in Galatasaray". Nobody like him h very much now in Turkey. :)

Fatih Akyel in Leoforos for PAO 4-1 Fenerbahçe

Posted Image

our fans will give him a warm welcome next time he comes to oaka

It seems that Akyel has quite a bad reputation. Hopefully he can be tame at PAOK and concentrate on the game. Apparently PAOK officials are aware of his past,a nd have put stipulations in the contract, where he could be released if goes psycho on them. Only time will tell if this was a good move.

It is apparent that after signing him and Charalambous, we took care of soe wholes on our defense. The team will ow focus on getting a midfielder and as PAOK-Edessa mentioned, we are looking at Masmanidis, as well as Iliadis from Kalamaria.

His notorious reputation aside, he has never been able to settle anywhere ever since he left Galatasaray and joined RCD Mallorca four years ago. He was a bench player at Mallorca, a bit part player for Fenerbahce and finally a big dissapointment for Bochum Ruhr. I hope he will start a new career at PAOK. But one thing is for sure, he is probably the player all Galatasaray fans hate most!!! The good thing is he signed for PAOK, a somewhat more nationalistic team compared to PAO or Thrylos. I wish him good luck and good luck PAOK as well, cause Greek soccer needs a strong PAOK to stay healthy.

Turk, I am not sure what you mean by PAOK being a nationalistic team? Can you explain?

I think PAOk people with transfer are hoping that Akiel will see this as a chance to get a new start in his career, which has been going nowhere in recent year. They are gambling that he will get his act straight. Finally it has been disclosed that PAOK will pay Akiel 220K/year.

All these signing are potentially good, but how is PAOK going to pay for them? ;) Aren't they already in the hole millions of Euro's? I'm surprised anyone wan't to sign with PAOK based on their horrible financial situation.

The only reason I can see is playing in the UEFA cup, or if your a hardcore PAOK fan to begin with...

The latest on the Iliadis story is that PAOK did not offer Zografakis and Skarmoutsos. PAOK's offer to Kalamaria for Iliadis was 200K Euro, plus the following players: Zisopoulos, Kanakoudis and Andriopoulos.

According to reports though, Kalamaria did not accept the offer and is asking for 500K Euro plus Zografakis and Skramoutsos. If that is the case, I don't see him coming to PAOK.

PAOK has signed the 18-year old Hussein Munin from Panthrakikos to a 5-year contract. According to some reports he will be part of the senior squad and not be loaned out or play in the neon team.

Platakis, if are you asking about Hussein Mumin, he is Greek, he was born in Greece (Thraki), and he will join the Greek army soon. The only difference is that he is a muslim, which is not suprising considering the reagion where he was born.

As far as Hussein Munin is concerned, PAOK paid 50,000 Euro for him. PAOK also agreed to play two friendly games with Panthrakikos in the next two year, with proceeds going to the team from Thraki. Additionaly PAO promised Pantharkis several players on loan basis. Finally PAE PAOK and Panthrakikos agreed to cooperate on young talent development.

It should also be noted that AEK and Skoda Xanthi wanted to get Munin.

I think we have made some good signinsg so far and are looking good for next season and the future ensuring that are finances are kept in control which right know i believe we are heading in the directio naek was before Artho 44. But hopefully we can sell plenty of season tickets and sell out lots of home games, it will be ok..

Munin, Balafas, Siakbala are all players with great potentials...

Add to that christoforidis, zisopoulos

and our key players already in the squad Paok is looking good

If we sign Illiadis and a Left midfielder every watch out Paok is bigger than any rivaldo or concensao...

All we need is our supproters and greek young talent.

ZITO PAOKARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of the players that left PAOK are slowly finding teams for next season:

Theodoridis (the big liar) has signed a 4-year deal with Panathinaikos.

Karadimos has signed with Atromitos/Chalkydona

Spasic has signed with Larisa

According to an interview Goumenos gave to a local radio station, PAE PAOK is going to announce a big transfer next week. Speculation running wild is that the player in question is none other than the captain of the NT Theo Zagorakis returning to his old team.

Considering the latest developments at Apollon Kalamaria, I believe that we will not be able to get Iliadis from that team.

It has been reported that PAOK had sealed a deal for the player with Apollon, but all of a sudden the owner of Kalamaria Papadopoulos has decided to sell the team, and all the possible transfers were put on hold. Originally Papadopoulos was supposed to transfer the shares to Ilias Damilos who made the deal with PAOK. Allegedly Papadopoulos is trying to sell the team to some Greek bussinismen who operate in Dubai (sounds wishy to me).

If you want my personal opinion, there is an involvment from another Greek team in he whole situation. Let me see which other teams expressed interest in Iliadis and Pappas, and that team being Olympiakos. Also Papdopoulos is self proclaimed Panathinaikos fan, so that's another option. Mark my words, Iliadis and /or Pappas are going to end up at Panathinaikos or Olympiakos.

Can you really see Zagorakis coming back to PAOK right now? He's playing really well at the moment and PAOK's resources, both economically and internally within the team structure is very weak.

I really can't see it happening.

I really don't see zagorakis coming either, but what "big transfer" is Goumenos taling about?

Also it seems that there is an interest from PAO for Feutchine, so that might be the reason for the sudden prosfygi by the player.

So in other words, we allready lost Theodoridis to PAO, and are ready to lose Feutchine to them as well.

Archived