Phantis Forums

Who's Contract Is Finishing in Summer

Olympiacos-Sydney

kostoulas: yes

georgiadis: yes

giovanni: yes

the rest is really helpful. allthough djole and anatolakis are over 30 too they stil can help the team.

for the others we have to find young talents to fill these spots. especially the offense needs someone with a killer instinct to score.

Does anyone know who's contract is expiring this summer!!

Is it Djordjevic, Georgiadis, Kostoulas, Giovanni, Stoltidis, Kafes, Pantos, Anatolakis.

Should we let them go?

My friends, we need to let them go....

Lets give them to clubs like XANTHI or IRAKLIS ARIS whatever.... We need to utilize our youth program. Out of that list there I would keep

Kafes Stoltidis and Pantos

They are going to be something special when they actually reach their peak performance...

As far as the rest lest move them out of here and bring up the little guys, get them experienced

:gr:

keep anatolakis, kafes, stoltidis and Tzole; Tzole goes when he says so, he deserves as much.

i agree

but this can't stop Olympiakos from getting younger and improving

djordjavic will need to see a more less role

to me he is perfect of the bench and filling in for injuries so he will still see lots of time

but will he settle for that

remember he is on the nt of Yugoslavia and they might not keep him on if he doesn't start

meaning he just might leave to find a starting role somewhere else

i would hope not but if he still thinks he got it Olympiakos might not think so

anatolakis should stay b/c he has played very well this season and we really need him we don't have a replacement yet

Guest Protathlitis

fukin hell, Tzole should stay another year and finish his career with us.

It pisses me off when big clubs mistreat their club greats when it happens in any sport. Tjole is a true great and we owe it to him to let him decide when he wants to retire

Woah, thanks for the info dipapa.

So a more updated list has these players contracts expiring :

Djordjevic, Georgatos, Georgiadis, Kostoulas, Giovanni, Stoltidis, Kafes, Pantos, Anatolakis, Mavrogenidis.

:o

Common sense says Kafes/Stoltidis/Pantos is a M U S T and keeping one of djole/georgatos is also a priority, everyone else can leave the limani........

So we have a lot of players leaving so we must make the right choices when replacing these players.

Who would you get to replace?

Giovanni / > Salpiggidis / Agritis or someone else in south america

====================================================

Djordjevic /> Castillo as a LM. same as below 1 + 1

Georgatos /> We have pantos and Venetidis, but geo has to stay 1 + 1

Anatolakis /> Anatolakis is playing his best year give him another 1 + 1

Georgiadis /> Anyone but him, Mendrinos could be good when given chance

=====================================================

Keep Stoltidis and Pantos and Kafes

So we have a lot of players leaving so we must make the right choices when replacing these players.

Who would you get to replace?

Giovanni / > Salpiggidis / Agritis or someone else in south america

====================================================

Djordjevic /> Castillo as a LM. same as below 1 + 1

Georgatos /> We have pantos and Venetidis, but geo has to stay 1 + 1

Anatolakis /> Anatolakis is playing his best year give him another 1 + 1

Georgiadis /> Anyone but him, Mendrinos could be good when given chance

=====================================================

Keep Stoltidis and Pantos and Kafes

Djordjevic or Georgatos,

Stoltidis, Kafes, Pantos, Anatolakis, Mavrogenidis.

i think all these players should come back b/c we will have enough room to get in new signings who will make an impact

as u can see we doo need 2 new strikers up front

the midfield at the moment is fine but it is getting old

Rivaldo and Djordjavic control it right now but they are well past their prime

Rivaldo will be strong for next season though

Djordjavic should be good especially coming of the bench for his experience

Georgatos might be a problem i really don't know wut will happen with him

i mean he has been pretty strong as of late better than djordjavic and lets remember he is from pireaus and life long Olympiakos i mean its his 3rd stint with the team

he gave up alot of money when he left inter the first time when he had impress everybody just to come back to the club

tough decision

i like spalgidis and agritis but i would rather choose one of the 2 and bring in some brazilian

we will have room to pick up a player from south america since gio is going

kafes and stoltidis are good at their roles

anatolakis deserves to stay along with mavrogendis both have been good this seasons

but i can see mavrogenidis leaving

pantos is 26 so he is right at his prime and we need him to stay

how is patstazoglou doing these days

i know he recovering from a serious surgery will he every be able to come back

pantos will turn 29 this year.

as for patsatzoglou, i believe he will come back. he will turn 26 this year but he has got the stuff to become an starter for our team. if it wouldnt have been for his injury i believe he would have played in every match so far. maybe he would have even got a transfer to a team abroad. i'd like to be in the stadium when he makes his comeback. i just hope that osfp will renew his contract.

about bringing in brazilians and other south americans. sure they are good players but we dont have to just relie on two, three or four players in the team. i'd rather see our team not having any stars in it but playing as a team where everybody knows what he has to do.

We should bring Salpigidis to limani. Patsazoglou was so unlucky but hopefully he'll recover. Mavrogenidis, I don't know. He's a bit old and heavy perhaps (I think he always was) but, most mportantly, he was on bench most of the time, after Bajevic left Oly. Will he make a proper comeback?

Is it possible for Georgiadis to be substituted by Filippakos? I have hopes in this player (but he has played to little to have a safe opinion about him).

The team needs a systematic "overhaul" this summer. I agree that new and fresh blood should be brought in. They should be mostly Greeks because I don't like a team of foreign mercenaries like basketball clubs have become since a long time ago. /Needless to mention that I have nothing against immigrants working in my country but football is distinct case. A spirit of locality should be preserved, eg a minimum number of Greeks. Where by "Greeks" I mean anyone who's born and (or) raised here and loves this country. What do you think?

Guest Protathlitis

I spose you can call any foreign player a mercenary: shevchenko, ronaldo: none of them play for free

your right though; who wouldent want more Greeks. right now we have a fair few in our team. I think we should get one of the young greek strikers: gkekas, agritis, mantzios, salp(which would help the ethniki as well) I also wouldent mind Tsiolis from panionio

###### gekas, hes an enemy now. hes been signed by pao for a month already, they just let him stay in kalithea so he coulkd play against us in the cup and the league games. i like salpigides a lot. the truth is to find a sniper you need to buy one from another country. georgiades i dont want to see his face ever again. i think filipakos was awesome the 1 game he played. you can tell by watching him that he likes to take on defenders and he has a sentra. i also like d'agol, he looks good when he plays and i think if he scores his first goal then he will start to pick it up. talarides was aweful his first game. if i were kokkalis i would do whatever it takes to buy katsourannis. he is young, greek, and incredible at his position. i would let everyone go when their contract is over except for panto. if tzole and georgatos want to stay for less money id give them the respect they deserve. patsatzoglou is finished, i honestlly dont think well ever see him play another game. its sad and i wish he could come back because hes the best greek at his position but i just dont see it happening. he could have been great, and went to a big european club.

let's all remember one thing here Olympiakos is a business

and u know the business men of Olympiakos would rather sacrafice a young player but making sure the older player plays meaning that if u get all these young players everybody here so wants it also comes if a price tag the growing pains of having such a young team

that is why u will probably see resignings like anatolakis, djordjavic, and georgatos b/c they are name players they are well like by the fan club.

i wouldnt mind resigning him purely to be used as a back up, he would be very helpfull, but i believe it's time we parnter gabriel with someone younger back there, prefferably someone from abroad if our finacial status lets us this summer.

although salpigidis would be a welcomed footballer at the port i have to say it would be very hard for us to sign him. theres also talk of interest from us for Kaptenos of Iraklis the 23 y/o striker.

i wouldnt mind resigning him purely to be used as a back up, he would be very helpfull, but i believe it's time we parnter gabriel with someone younger back there, prefferably someone from abroad if our finacial status lets us this summer.

although salpigidis would be a welcomed footballer at the port i have to say it would be very hard for us to sign him. theres also talk of interest from us for Kaptenos of Iraklis the 23 y/o striker.

any of those 2 players or both will be very nice to pick up

off course we better use them

anatolakis won't settle for a back up role in my view

he is coming off his best season and might recieve interest from clubs outside of Greece

anatolakis has been great for the club but we must think past him

put in somebody young in his spot and can benefit from schurrer's experience

but if the club brings back anatolakis i am all for it

We forgot about Stelios Venetidis, as his contract expires this summer as well. I wonder how his season ending injury will have effect on his future. Boy, alot of fronts open, we have to get to signing some of them to fill in the needs of the team.

<_<

alot of the main stay players that were here for those 7 years of reign

will be gone for the most part

possibility of leaving is anatolakis, mavrogenidis, ventidis and kostoulas

Guest Protathlitis

kostoulas is a good backup. he suprises me that he can still play so well when he is called upon

I think mavrogenidis should go but NO WAY should Anatolakis or Venetidis go

Archived