Phantis Forums

PAO to play european matches in OAKA

drakos13

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, Patras as every other Greek City is vameno prasino. There will be many Vazeloi travelling from Athens as well. I mean if thousands can travel to England, Holland and Norway surely even more can travel to Patra.

This is a good move in fact. It will accentuate the problem of the gipedo and perhaps the politea does something out of embarrassment if nothing else. If we accept OAKA we might get stuck there for another hunrdred years with no urgency to sort out the core problem. Let's take the show on the road I say.

I vote for Patra or even further, how about Iraklio? ;)

yes i understand there are supporters that will travel to patra, but not enough to even nearly fill the stadium. its doubtful that people in around patra will be able to buy tickets anyways,

you have to be a member of ticket club, and since i doubt many are members, i doubt they will get tickets. im sure vardi wants to save some money thats all...the moron will lose money on tickets....

Actually, Patras as every other Greek City is vameno prasino.

I vote for Patra or even further, how about Iraklio? ;)

What is Patra??? :nono:

I think living abroad for so many years has made you lose touch with the facts...

Patra is vammeno kokkino, everyone knows that!!

Irakleio yes, it's prasino! And we all know why... Go to Irakleio then B)

Patra is about three hours from Athens. Longer if you take the train. Dragonfly is right here. Patra is more kokkino than prasino. Depending on whether PAO advances in the CL, the stadium may fill up (it's not THAT big), depending on the quality of the opponent. However, if PAO drops to the UEFA cup, some of the allure of seeing a European match may diminish.

It's a decent stadium though, albeit with a track. I saw a few matches there during the Olympics, and it was not a bad setup. It did not really sell out for any of the matches, but the quality of teams (other than Argentina) was not that high. Teams like Milan, Juve, ManU, Barca, etc., will have a bigger draw. Plus, whether you are kokkino, prasino, or neither, the prospect of bigtime football will still be enticing.

I think this is a good idea that Pao will play at Peloponiso stadio

I mean that part of Greece has no soccer at all

i mean there is not a first division team that i can recall that plays within a 25-50 mile radius

Paniliakos was that team last year i believe

plus Patras is the third biggest city in Greece and that transpires to nuttin in soccer

i mean Athens have like 8 pro teams and Thessaloniki as 4 i mean crete which is smaller then Patra has 2 teams

they need to build a team that will beloved over there

the stadium is nice though

it was suppose to be the site of 2004 Greek Cup final but got moved due to fear of a fight and damages to that stadio

a problem i can see though is Olympiakos as a lot of influence there meaing lots of fans for OSFP

its really only a 1.5 hour trip 2 the longest

Greece transportation as improved dramatically

Plus in alot of games u see fans from different areas of Greece

when i watch Olympiakos from Karaiskaki i see groups from Amfiloxhia and Nafpaktos

i mean put i this way if Pao fans are loyal and love there team they will go

P.S. Prasino is not everywhere there is alot more Kokino then Prasino

from athens..patra is around alittle less then 3 hours usually.....mb 2 and a half(depending on the way you drive)i am from pyrgos so i have travelled those roads often....it takes around 4 hours to pyrgos from athens and about an hour from patra to pyrgos....the stadium at patra is nice but i dont think pao should be playing there..we are an athenian team and should, especially play our euro games in athens...

but oly 11 brought up a very good point about the lack of football in the patra area...paniliakos was representing pyrgos last year in the a ethniki and panahaiki are another club from that area but they are in shambles..there are many smaller teams and regional teams, but not alot of big clubs...

i understand that its a struggle and costly

now the situation at leoforos is banned from European games or overall including Greek league ???

did they get the deal yet for goudi cause its kinda funny AEK got there stadium plans set and they were almost bankrupt off course AEK will just construct on top of all Nikos Goumas

Pao needs to find an estate

• 3 weeks later...

My of the record sources say that we are heading for Goudi.... ;) And you know that I am always right on this kind of info dont't you?

And I will tell you another roumor thats being going on... Basinas may be playing for Thrynos next year!! :o This is no joke, but I will have to confirm and revert to you for this.... ;)

My of the record sources say that we are heading for Goudi.... ;) And you know that I am always right on this kind of info dont't you?

And I will tell you another roumor thats being going on... Basinas may be playing for Thrynos next year!! :o This is no joke, but I will have to confirm and revert to you for this.... ;)

basinas is never going to frinos!

he has stated that many times.

this would clearly ruin his career also image!

its like djordjevic going to pao that would never happend.

look at vromokolidis his career and image is gone.

yesterday he made one incedible save and i simply dont remember him doing that for pao against frinos he will always be thought of a trader for me and alot of other pao fans.

he did not respect the idea of never going to a rival team. and for that i would never forgive him

you are joking me pappou. i dont think basinas would sell his sould from Captain of PAO to tsiraki of Kokkali. besides hed probably go premier league.....

as for goudi, will it be ready before next champions league? i doubt it. there had to be a venue declared.......what if we go through tonight??? i dont see how they havent decided yet.

Coincidentally Basinas declined last night in the CL press conferance that he has ever spoke to thrynos... But wherever its smoke there is also fire my friends... However I am still waiting to confirm that... For the time being I will keep believing in Aggelos...

As for goudi, there is no way that it will be ready for our next CL campaign... They are talking about catching the 2006-2007 CL campaign...

But lets wait and see if they are going to announce Goudi first... ;)

Forget about Goudi guys. There is strong opposition from the dimarxio:

http://www.sportime.gr/html/ent/096/ent.47096.asp

thats nothing new my friend :angry:

very remarkable no major in athens wants pao new homeground in their suburb?

well when frinos got their shiit nobody complained <_<

pao need to accept helleniko as they already got a basket/volley stadium there. its capacity is about 10000 and would be ideal for paos use.

think about it why should athens get another big closed stadium when they got a bunch of them already

thats nothing new my friend :angry:

very remarkable no major in athens wants pao new homeground in their suburb?

well when frinos got their shiit nobody complained <_<

pao need to accept helleniko as they already got a basket/volley stadium there. its capacity is about 10000 and would be ideal for paos use.

think about it why should athens get another big closed stadium when they got a bunch of them already

haha dont forget where frinos asks for a stadium in their area it is already is an undesireable area....the stadium woulndt make a difference...

The Government don't have the balls to reject Goudi my friend Panos... They have no choice. PAO fans made an impact on the election of the new government so I don't think they will jeopardise the next elections by building a PAO stadium at... Helliniko!!!

I will agree with the others... Better in Patra or Touba forever (just to make people understand) rather than going to Helliniko or Eleona!!!!

I will qu

Archived