Phantis Forums

PAO to play european matches in OAKA

drakos13

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's about time this happend. I've reached the point that I was embarrased about Leoforos compared to the state of other Europeans Stadiums. It's the final nudge needed so our management can get started with our new stadium wherever it is built.

Ofcourse, Leoforos has a particular magic about it and is difficult for any opponent to play us there but if we want to be a big European club, we have to have a big enough stadium to prove our worth.

I'm also happy because the kavouria won't be able to charge 40 euro's as chapest tickets anyomore. That was simply balck market what they were doing and also gave them reasons to exclude our "Independant" brothers who dared voice their opinions over the last couple of years.

I'd like to see the Kavouria begging our fans to attend the games now at the OAKA just like they did before the Hamburg game a few years back.

Teliwsane ta psemmata, xtiste ghpedo re kavouria!!!

I am in two minds over this. Firstly we did very well in Leoforos and made it very difficult for our opponents. BUT, on the other hand, we had some terrific poreies in Europe at OAKA. As Evergreen said, it also means we can get more fans to watch the team and it brings the price of the tickets down as well.

But the problem will be if we play our protathlima games at the Leoforos. I don;t think it will be good for the team to have 2 home stadiums. So I support the move to OAKA completely and for all games.

our management can get started with our new stadium wherever it is built.

I completely disagree with that... So you wouldn't mind going to Eleona to watch PAO huh? ;)

And its not only Kavouria who oppose to the stadium outside Athens but also Giannakopouloi brothers (and to be honest I agree 100% with them)!!!

SOUFLIA MOY....I!!!!

TO GHPEDO TOY PAO

THA GINEI STO GOUDI!!!! :ph34r: :box: :box: :box:

Goudi is an area that its west side borders with Abelokipi, its north side borders with Papagou its south part borders with Zografou and its east side borders with Byrona.... In other words Goudi is STO STOMA TOY LYKOY!!!!! :P :P :P

Generally the things that are close to Goudi and might give you an idea of where it is, is Katehaki avenue (runs through its northern part) where the 401 Military Hospital is (for you that have done the Greek army) and the 411 Airforce Hospital (for you 'kotes' that have served the airforce... :P )... Also Goudi has one of the major military camps in Athens which is SDA! Also the horse riding ground for the Olympics was staged there...

Even politically it is a legendary area.... :P

just out of curiosity what is not up to standard with Apostolos Nikolaidis???

I mean how the hell do you have a standard anyways. It seats 16000, its very safe in protecting visiting fans, i mean this is bullshit, what about teams like Maccabi .....or what if Xalkidona for example would get in the CL... would they have to move? what is the standard for acceptable? being shiny?

well to answer my question , i got this off of pao.gr, a copy of the letter stating the demand and reasons.

--------------------------------------------------------

Date: 16/11/2004

To: Panathinaikos

Re: Apostolos Nikolaidis Stadium

Dear Sir,

Reference is made to the above-mentioned venue and the current Champions League Season.

On the basis of the reports received following to the home matches in this competition this season, the following shortcomings of the Apostolos Nikolaidis stadium were, for instance, clearly mentioned:

• Insufficient media facilities

• No parking facilities

• Insufficient floodlighting

• No back-up power

• Insufficient facilities for the officials

• No acceptable drug-testing room

• Overall safety and security for spectators and officials

As a consequence, the UEFA Administration has decided no longer to approve the Apostolos Nikolaidis stadium as venue for matches of the UEFA Champions League after your next home match in the group phase in this competition against PSV Eindhoven on December 07, 2004, This decision is final.

We ask you to take note of this decision and inform UEFA Administration of the name of the alternative venue by December 5, 2004 in case of qualification for further rounds in the competition of your club.

Yours faithfully,

UEFA

Jacob Erel, Director

Competition Operations

----------------------------------------------------------------

well id like to ask the other teams to stop being little bitches. the lighting is fine. acceptable drug testing room? what the hell does that mean? you need a room to perform the test. Same with officials room/facilities- what the hell do they need??? they get a changing room, bathroom and shower. what would they like a couch, fridge, tv etc??? what the hell are you asking? the refs work is ON THE PITCH, then he needs to change, wash up and go home. as far as saftey i think for spectators, its as safe as anywhere. you sit down/stand watch, chant and leave when its over. its not going to collapse because it hasnt for so many years. parking? there is a small parking lot for officials and team buses. thats bullshit.

the only ones ill accept are insufficient media facilities and backup power. but i seriously doubt PAO are the only ones without backup power in the Champions league.

I thought, that the UEFA checks the stadiums of the European-cup-participants befor the season starts. And now, during the season they see, that the statium is not good enough!?

Stupid UEFA...seems that they have nothing to do in the moment :D

Sorry guys, I completely disagree with you and agree with UEFA. Our stadium is a shmables. It's the smallest current venue in the CL and the facilities are a shambles compared to the standards that have been set.

We were lucky the last few years that UEFA was turning a blind eye to our insufficiencies because of the work that was taking place on the Greek stadia for the olympics. Rumors state that UEFA was going to forbid the use of the Leoforos but let us off because of the para-Olympics. PAO though would not have a problem playing at the Leoforos if we were playing in the UEFA Cup. It's the CL games which is a problem.

We may be leaving our traditional home, but look at the good side. This will make our management and the government more active in getting started with our new stadium. PAO deserves to play big and modern stadium and should play in such.

What happend is good, not bad.

no more leoforos in europe after the match with PSV....im not happy about this OAKA sucks for football its too far away with the track.....our atmosphere advantage is going to fade...

What atmosphere advantage?...

In the last 2.5 years the only team you have beaten is there is Rozeborg!!! :rolleyes:

Every other team thas passed from Leoforos during this time :la:

What atmosphere advantage?...

In the last 2.5 years the only team you have beaten is there is Rozeborg!!! :rolleyes:

Every other team thas passed from Leoforos during this time :la:

no not much atmosphere advantage at all........right.

it has only helped us where you can only dream....

in 2001-2002 we beat arsenal, schalke, mallorca, sparta prague (amazing team that year), and even Barcelona with the help of the atmosphere. The year after that we killed Anderlecht and Fenerbahce, and this year arsenal came out lucky with a tie. imagine that, playing with QUALITY teams and WINNING. you think that Oly is incredible after crap wins vs Monaco .....dont give me that they used to be finalist s%$#! either, because they are not near the same level of football as last year and not the same team.

From the fans point of view.

I have seen PAO at OAKA and Leoforo for European games.

OAKA is a much more comfortable facility, that makes you proud to be in.

A FULL OAKA, as it should be for ALL European games, is as intimidating as a full Leoforos. The advantage at Leoforos is that the opposing players can hear and feel the fans. This could also become a disadvantage, when it comes to fan behavior and fines...

PANATHINAIKOS is a great European team ANYWHERE you put him :tup:

As our beloved Warzycha put it: "I have lived great moments at OAKA..."

This was going to happen sooner than later.

I fully expected the UEFA to come down hard on PAO about this, now that ATHENS has completed the Olympics and there are marvelous facilities abound...

Leoforos IS Panathinaikos, I love that "eripio" like my second home.

I was born and raised around it, and I have shared the best times in that place.

The fact is, it is too old and too small. The small part is what frustrates most fans when it comes to Euro games. We can fill OAKA at 60,000 plus, yet we can only fit 16,000 tops. Not to mention the price gouging of 40-50 Euro at least!

The best solution I have always supported is, to rebuild Leoforos, by expanding upwards and over Alexandras, which should become an underpass at that point.

There is plenty of room at the old "prosfygika" lots, on the other side.

The capacity will be increased and the history will be preserved in spite the modernization.

Second best choice would be a site similar to Goudi, that is close to Leoforos.

OAKA should be the immediate solution, and it should be FULL :tup:

PAO wants to put the pressure on the politicians by rejecting OAKA.

May we have that problem come next Feb, that means PAO made it to the next round :gr:

PEACE

Ετσι σε θελω Καραμανλη!!!! Να παιζει η ομαδα της Αθηνας που δοξαζει την Ελλαδα καθε χρονο στην Πατρα!!!!

ΟΛΕ!!!! Ετοιμαστοιτε αλητες να συναντισετε τα ΠΑΣΟΚΙΑ στο βουρκο σε 3 χρονακια!!!! :ph34r: :box: :ph34r: ΟΥΣΤ!!!! :box:

Ora einai na mas peis tora oti i ND einai kai to komma pou se katadiokei anilews...

Auto na akousw pleon kai ti ston kosmo... :blink:

ELEOS !

Archived