Phantis Forums

Skoda Xanthi v Olympiakos

NYC_Olympiakos

Who is complaining?

The standard OSFP line the last 7-8 years was, and as far as I am concerned is, that

1) Perfect officiating exists only in the minds of the innocent,

2) Refereeing that will not, however slightly, favor the home team can be found in la-la land, and

3) All other things being equal, referees will favor the big team.

It is only the 0-5 Europeans that see in every wrong call a vast conspiracy and I have yet to meet the OSFP supporter who will stoop so low.

Yesterday, for whatever reasons, our ox was gored. So what? A few Sundays in the future some undeserved call will be in our favor.

It is unbecoming behavior for the supporters of big clubs (POK for instance) to treat officiating lapses as anything but!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am surprised how times change... Who would believe it that the gays will be protesting for the refs.... To be honest I am not sure if the ball crossed the line or not (although all the mercenary journalist had a definite opinion that the ball DID NOT cross the line), nor I am not sure if the second goal was off side or not. The cameras were positioned in a view that nobody can say...

The only thing I am sure is that it was the first time in long years where I saw a referee punish the Thrynos defenders as they should have been every year... I think Thrynos has had 6 yellow cards!!! In previous leagues they did not get 6 cards during the entire league!!! :LOL:

Now I saw skerpania like Anatolakis, Pantos, Venetidis, Stoltidis, Kafes get yellow carded (which by the way they were all correct!!!)

As far as the game goes?

1st I am the happiest guy in the world that we did not sign the Katsiki OKKAS!!! Did any of you watch the chance that he missed in the 1st half when the score was 0-1? I still believe that Michalakis is like Van Nistelrooy compared to this goat!!!!! :LOL:

Antonakis? Don't worry if he messed up gays... The important think is that he is now a MELOS!!!!! :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:  :P

Rivaldo? What a passionate player, He runned all over the place, marked, created chances showed enthusiasm and all the rest!!!! :LOL:  :LOL:  :tup:  Well done!!!!

The only problem is that Giavanni was missing and the circus would have been complete!!!!! :tup:  :tup:  :tup:

First of all there are no Mercenary Journalists left in Greece, they are all geys. And if there are any Mercenary journalists left its 1 in a million. As for the goal, if you look closely you can clearly see Prodoti's entire upper half of his body was passed the line. And he was holding the ball near his neck. Thus the ball passed the line clearly. Another thing that made me laugh was the second goal. The prodoti fell completely asleep and cost your team another goal when the guy chipped him from 40 meters like he was some kind of little league goalkeeper. :LOL:
youre tottaly right :nw: :nw: :nw:

I just want to highlight a sad part of the game though!

After the final whistele, Nikopolidis run towards the refs to complain about the 1st Xanthi Goal. He took off his gloves and threw then at the ref!

And how about Georgatos saying during the press conference that he wanted to kill the ref. :tdown:

As for the first Xanthi (yes, the city's name is Xanthi!) I can't understand how anybody can say that the ball did or did not cross the line just by watching the video replays. None of the footage I've seen can prove it either way. With that in mind the ref has the one and final word.

U know what annoys me?>

fine we benefitted from calls in the past and yes we got screwed yesterday on the refs incompetence as I have said all along

however when we benefitted and not to start arguments here but it was always corruption according to you!

when we get screwed u guys all agree the refs are incompetent.

The refs are idiots in the greek league and we call can agree

too bad we can never agree when the refs are idiots. when we benefit or u benefit

anwyays!

I just want to highlight a sad part of the game though!

After the final whistele, Nikopolidis run towards the refs to complain about the 1st Xanthi Goal. He took off his gloves and threw then at the ref!

In another championship the FA would watch the tape and punish him! I dont know if this will happen in our case. But the bad part is that, if a respected member of the European Champions and a cool player in his career in general end up at these behaviours, how are we expecting the young hotblood fans to start respecting the game and show civil behaviour!

Pitty for Antonis...

What is sad is that during his 15 years at PAO , I never saw or heard of anything remotely close to that behavior from Antonis. It seems that already the pressure on him is very high. I cannot explain his behavior otherwise. His desire to perform well in his new team seems to add on the pressure. He knows that mistakes like these could cost him the loyalty of the new fans. I could be wrong, but that is my personal opinion.

It is true that we are not sure if the ball passed, however he did fumble the ball to make it questionable.

him losing it yesterday like that had nothign to do with the fact that it has nothing to do with playing for u guys 15 years

he lost it because he knows the ball did not cross the line

like u guys have never lost it once in your lives!

well this the usual comments from a oly player! :LOL: :LOL:

i remember oly getting tottaly outplayed in leverkusen(lost 2-0) and all they could say was that leverkusen scored 2 lucky goals and they where a much better side than them.

oly did not even produce 1 scoring chance thats the truth

livescore is shiat, that pretty much sums it up.

ZIAKA : ive seen COUNTLESS angles, and all in slow motion, you can VISUALLY tell, the ball NEVER FULLY crossed the line, when nikopolidis fumbles it and then stabilizes the ball, it clearly is a save.

Even the president of referees acknowledged the mistake, and THE 2ND ONE AS WELL ! I agree, we wouldnt have been in this predicament if we actually played well, but that doesnt change the fact we were clearly robbed of at LEAST one point, not to say three

Elastonpappou: yup, i saw what he missed AGAIN, and what can i say ? A FREE HEADER WITH NOONE MARKING HIM METERS AWAY, NOT TO MENTION THE OPEN NET ! AND HE SENDS IT TO THE TOP CROSS BAR ! ! !

Anyone and i do mean ANYONE would have put that in the back net (myself included) Bajevic needs to have a nice chat with him.

it's the 1044th missed chance for Okkas since he's been in or around Athens... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :P :P :P ...

but i only saw the goals in a programme and first of all the second goal is definitely NOT off-side... i'm pretty much cracked with the first one as i have a strong feeling that it did NOT cross the line... but i can never tell cuz i'm not the assistant <_< ...

the more important thing is do not Oly have any back-ups for Anatolakes when it's all but visible that he's shitting games all around!!!

maybe Volla... ;)

well this the usual comments from a oly player! :LOL: :LOL:

i remember oly getting tottaly outplayed in leverkusen(lost 2-0) and all they could say was that leverkusen scored 2 lucky goals and they where a much better side than them.

oly did not even produce 1 scoring chance thats the truth

i heard the exact same tyhing from a lot of people after Barcelona beat pao 3-1 in barclena following the 1-0 win of u guys in athens in the first leg

so u have no point here

The sad part about this season is that we have hit the post more then the back of net and like i said before i want this too happen all at once in the beginning so in the big games we get the goal and not the post

anywayz about goal Xanthi scored i mean it was clear that wasn't a goal i mean they showed a side view camera and when Nikopolidis goes with the ball into net u can clearly see a piece of the ball and the post shielding it which means it didn't cross the line so i just want to state wut i saw but look its bad fortune for us and good fortune for Xanthi these things happen sometimes and will just move on

On the second goal it may have been offsides but it was a hot goal i have to admit so no point arguing

other then that will be fine

very early in the season

Guys nobody can say whether the ball has crossed the line or not.....

The usual camera angle that everybody shows shows that the ball HAS NOT crossed the line.... However just like Georgiou said if you see the replay from the camera that was further away you can clearly see Antonaki (MELOS) bringing the ball from the INSIDE of the goal towards the post.... ;)

I am telling you nobody can have a clear opinion...

"H DIKI THS DEYTERAS" well known Greek show yesturday had a poll with the question of whether the ball had crossed the line or not.

The result was 59% DID CROSS THE LINE, 41% DID NOT CROSS IT....

Just for your Info... ;)

I am telling you nobody can have a clear opinion...

Rivaldo can say for sure.... as he was standing on the Line...near the other Goalpost.... and he was observing Nikopolidis....

He didn't say anything wonder why ?

Lambriakos scores a wonderful Goal....and his big achievement is downgraded by sour losers....

actually rivaldo did speak about the play and was quoted as saying 'the ball never crossed the line, i was right there' (expected of course) and was used in MULTIPLE sports papers the next day, so lets get things straight please, before we choose to speak.

OK, that settles it for me, I always believe Rivaldo :D :

:angel: (One has to believe somebody :unsure: )

But I have another question regarding the Cup match in Veria

What is this Hellenic cup? is it for teams in greece and Cyprus?

Why Rivaldo is not in the group? Did he get permission to go to Brazil??

Excuse the off topic, but i did not find a thread about the cup

like i said, from the angles presented, the ball doesnt cross the line, beyond that, who knows.

Actually there was only one angle that everybody showed.

The second one from the camera that was further away was hidden by ALPHA. If you see it closely it seems that the MELOS is clearly inside the goal along with the ball!!!!

And yes Rivaldo did speak about the goal. But what did you expect him to say? ;)

I was sure somebody will mention this thing

It was the only time that Rivaldo did such a thing, well, he paid for it, was cursed and insulted terribly all over the globe, while some players do worst things every day, and nobody even winks. The Turkish player had to receive the second yellow anyway because he had to handle the ball to Rivaldo in order to kixck the corner' but he was frustrated and threw the ball violently at Rivaldo , hitting him somewhere below the belt

So, he did not injure anybody, he did not fake a penaly which Figo does every day, he exaggerated an injury, silly thingto do, so??? Why the people reacted so fiercly to him?? exactly because the did not expect something like that from him, and as far as I know him, he never dud anything luke that before or after

So, he is human, he did not deserve al those letters where they said such terrible things like raping his family and killing his kids :D I have seen all this in his site in Barcelona, all the hackers andthe terrible things ' made one sick' that is why I say he paid for it, not the money, the noney was nothing to him/ So, I will continue trust Rivaldo ,a gut feeling, feminime intuition maybe' that he is not a cheat' that is why he could even fake an unjury :hypocrite:

Thank you anyway for the reply and the explaining of the Cup

actually rivaldo did speak about the play and was quoted as saying 'the ball never crossed the line, i was right there' (expected of course) and was used in MULTIPLE sports papers the next day, so lets get things straight please, before we choose to speak.

That s interesting....

He must have meant "The Line of God"..... :rolleyes:

Look I have it still on tape..... In the most extreme situation (before the returning to the Goal Line) when Antonis .... slipers into the goal with the ball.... his body has a 90 degree angle ...to the Goal Line... At this extreme point he holds the ball on his chest just under his throat.... his is laying around the height of his belly button on the Line.

Let say his 1.82 cm tall.... (I m sure he is a bit taller)....

As per scientists the belly button of a humain being is the middle point of his appearance..

1.82cm : 2 = 91 cm

From the belly button to his throat there are around 61 cm....

We do it conservatively and take only 50 cm.... less 22.10 cm (the average caliber of a ball)...

50 cm - 22.10cm = 27.9 cm

We take again 10 cm away for fairness reasons... makes 17.9 cm ... ..rounding it down... makes 15 cm ....

This makes a space of around 15 cm between the Goalline and the Tangent of the ball inside the Goal.......

Take the above with a grain of salt ...guys.... Kai perastika sas... B)

I was sure somebody will mention this thing

It was the only time that Rivaldo did such a thing, well, he paid for it, was cursed and insulted terribly all over the globe, while some players do worst things every day, and nobody even winks. The Turkish player had to receive the second yellow anyway because he had to handle the ball to Rivaldo in order to kixck the corner' but he was frustrated and threw the ball violently at Rivaldo , hitting him somewhere below the belt

So, he did not injure anybody, he did not fake a penaly which Figo does every day, he exaggerated an injury, silly thingto do, so??? Why the people reacted so fiercly to him?? exactly because the did not expect something like that from him, and as far as I know him, he never dud anything luke that before or after

So, he is human, he did not deserve al those letters where they said such terrible things like raping his family and killing his kids :D I have seen all this in his site in Barcelona, all the hackers andthe terrible things ' made one sick' that is why I say he paid for it, not the money, the noney was nothing to him/ So, I will continue trust Rivaldo ,a gut feeling, feminime intuition maybe' that he is not a cheat' that is why he could even fake an unjury :hypocrite:

Thank you anyway for the reply and the explaining of the Cup

are you serious?? there is no defending what he did in the world cup..it was not only disgraceful but it was a terribl dive...and yes, rivaldo has done alot of diving in his day...

Yes, i am serious, and maybe my English is not good enough to express myself clearly

I did not say it was a good thing to do, of course not, what I said was that there are not equal criteria for all

I have seen football players send their rivals to hospital, breaking legs without scrupula, but their friends said: "Football is a viril play" I have seen diving of some players who deserved the Oscar for what they did ,almost evrery day (Not only Figo) but nobody even winks. That Argentinian who injured Beckham was critisized only when he touched the world idol. Before that many players were injured and gone to hospital or did not play fo several months, let alone the pain. Rivaldo was one of the most fouled players in his days in Barcelona. Hierro, Ayala, Simeone on the 5.9.2001 (Argentina Brazil)some Celta Vigo butchers (I forgot their names) many others, you name it. He never hit back, but maybe he should, if he fell, usually it was no diving.

Well , everybody is entiteld to his (or her' as in my case) opinion and maybe you think he deserved to die for the supid thing he has done. Only because he is Rivaldo, nobody never gives him a break.

If it were Beckham, I don't know, Kaka , or other European idol, nobody will remember it by now. he would have paid the fine and get on with it.

But, nobody wilk forget anythong when Rivaldo is concerned, After all he is not Maradona to score with hand and be admired for it, He is not Raul to score infinit number of goals in offside whil Pippo Inzaghi get his goals disallows many time even without offside.

This is life, life is not fair, that is a fact

I hope Rivaldo will score some goals and make you silent very soon

Archived