Phantis Forums

Olympiakos vs. Liverpool

Olympiakosthyra7

i have to say i was amazed with the team's performance... rivaldo was awesome in that central midfield and well, having seen Okkas hit the post twice, i think i will be the new striker of a CL team next season :D ...

vasilio, i didnt bet on that... just a guess b4 the game so get cool :LOL: ...

and F***bahce slips to man u 2-6 and i'm worried, huh??? indeed i'm very happy about it...

ROONEY TRICKS HIS HAT!!! :rolleyes:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats Oly! Glad to see greek teams kicking some ass in the Champions League! :tup:

Good game by Thrynos Indeed!!! :tup:

The game was exactly as I expected (I told you before that Thrynos can win this match...)

My Conclusions....

1. Giovanni is absolutely useless!!!! If Bajevic has started the team as it was finished ,with Georgiadis on the right, Gio on the bench and Okaas up front I could see Liverpool with 3 goals down easily.....

2. Okkas is the biggest Katsiki and cannot score.. However yesturday he was at least dangerous and also marked as well....

3. Stoltidid was once again the best Thrynos player

4. Rivaldo had a descent performance and kept the ball nicely...

As for Liverpool?

5. Typical English team .... Especially when they travel to eastern Europe they are used in conceiding 4 and 5 goals per game every year.... After watching yesturdays match Liverpool gave me the impression of a team that visited Greece with one aim... AVOID HUMILIATION!!!! Even Kalithea tried to play for a draw by having 11 men behind the ball... But Liverpool? No! Their goal was not to loose by more than 4 goals!!!! I strongly believe that they were very happy with the 1-0 defeat (especielly when the game was going towards a 4-0 win for Thrynos...)

6. Benitez? Absolutely crap as expected... He had Cisse on the bench until the 80th minute. Nobody knows what was he expecting to put him on... Barros was crap always finding himself off side and so were the Spaniards.... The best Liverpool playre was Hamman which by the way got substituted in the middle of the 2nd half!!!!

7. Finally congrats to the gay fans who created a very good atmosphere.... :tup:

P.S. Its one of the few times that I am not so bothered that Thrynos won because the opposing team was disgusting Liverpool!!!! :P

P.S. Its one of the few times that I am not so bothered that Thrynos won because the opposing team was disgusting Liverpool!!!! :P

EXACTLY......

did cisse really not come on till the 80th?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no offense geys, it would have been a much different game had he did come on, what dumbF*** doesnt play there best striker thats in form- btw LUIS GARCIA IS AWFUL.

and the atmosphere wasnt bad.........im just curious- does gate 7 still sit in gate 7?

Well done. Rivaldo is making a difference and the whole team appears to ahve lifted. Now they have to pick up a notch and play well away from home. The away draw to Deportivo has to be viewed in context: Deportivo are horrible this year. The Monaco-Olympiakos game will be very interesting.

Olympiakos suddenly have a great chance to win this group if not only qualify... Deportivo is unbelievably awful, Monaco is so-so and Olympiakos has beaten Liverpool who are way better than both! I smell a shocking quarter-final for Olympiakos...

Good Job Baievic :tup: ...

Joking aside, Okkas seems to have found his form he had in PAOK seasons ago!

The Turk...

It's a little bit too early for thinking about quarterfinal. I think they really need to take every CL game 1 at a time and it's a long road before the quarterfinals.

OSFP needs to really get about 10 points in this group and if they do they'll advance to the next stage.

Overall they played amazingly great against a DAMN GOOD TEAM. Don't count Liverpool out. They offense didn't really produce yesterday becasue they were coached wrong.

and u guys rippedOSFP for signing

OKKA bajevic,, rivaldo our defence,,,

I guess we know who won that debate in the end

Don't rush on things....

Wait till you face a serious opposition and then talk again...

Defense there is no doubt that you are much better than last year. Nobody argued that Schurrer was a bad signing. After all what worse could it be compared to Kostoulas. :P

But Okkas I still believe he is absolutely crap!!! Rivaldo is a different story. He shows enthusiasm because its the beginning of tghe season. I would like to see him after couple of defeats and I would also like to see his behaviour along with the other Podovolley-ballistes in the hard times!!! ;)

Bajevic? I still think that he is a descent coach but nothing special. Technically he is very good but I don't like the coaches which are puppets to management and the fans... If he has the balls for the good of the team he should put Giovanni in the freezer for 6 months!!! :P

Listen the game with Liverpool ended yesterday with a great result

but that game is over with now and so Olympiakoks has to worry about Skoda Xanti this weekend in Xanthi

off course i don't expect anything less then a win but i am a bit worried of a let down here but Bajevic will quickly remind them they haven't won anything yet. as for champions league we can't just forget about it a bit now until the week come to play Monaco in France till then lets take care of the Greek league with wins

Good Luck Olympiakos#1

well its true that OSFP was ripped all summer especially with Rivaldo signing so I guess a lot of people were wrong

Bajevic led us to some eurosuccess in 98-99 so he must be doing something right !

anywhow... Liverpool was a great oppoosition no matter what

I mean clearly they are way better then rosenborg that PAO beat last week

I'm glad my feeling was right! :D

This was a great win, indeed! Olympiakos is going on the right direction! :tup: Sure, Liverpool isn't the 80's squad they use to be but, hey, that's life. You just got to seize the moment and take advantage of it. That's the way champions are made. The value of the teams is always relative not absolute.

I hope the team can improve even more throughout the season, not only taking the Championship from PAO, but qualifying from the CL Group fase as well.

Who knows what can the guys achieve with a bit of luck?

GO OLYMPIAKOS!!

if we continue playing on this level i think we will get through to the next round.

stoltidis made a really good game yesterday. he made the people forget about karembeu. (who plays in the swiss league now and his team is on the last position).

it seems as if our defence has improved a lot. sure, liverpool didnt play that well, but they didnt have a real chance throughout the match. to have a good goalkeeper also gives the defence players more self-confidence. ele wasnt that bad, but you never new if he would have a bad day and just jump around in the zone.

lets hope we will continue like this. but its going to be very difficult in monaco. as ziaka said its most probably going to be a fight between osfp, liverpool and monaco.

Probabilmente i tifosi del Panathinaikos che infestano questo forum (se non sbaglio è quello dell'Olympiakos) non capiscono una emerita mazza di calcio se continuano a contestare Giovanni, penso sia inutile rispondere con certa gente, può darsi che a volte sia indolente e non molto nella partita ma come tutti i campioni basta una sua giocata magica e risolve la partita, in Grecia ha una media di 1 gol ogni due partite, ha vinto moltissimi trofei sia in Brasile che in Europa con Barcellona e Olympiakos, se avete il gusto di dire idiozie frequentate il vostro forum e smettetela di dire fesserie su Giovanni!

Aspetto con impazienza il derby con la vostra mitica squadra (vincete un campionato ogni 7 anni, complimenti!) e sperate che non segni.....anche se non sarebbe la prima volta....

ME RIVALDO KAI GIOVANNI....

Archived