Phantis Forums

Olympiakos's group

Montreal_Thrillos

I hope Olympiakos the best of luck. I think that a lot of their success will depend on they can carry on without Dordevic, and how far Nikopolidis can carry them. Their goal scoring ability is also something I'm scratching my head at.

Insofar as their group goes...I think they have a very good chance of beating Liverpool. They are not the team they once were. And now without Owen, they are even less.

Monaco and Deportivo are obviously going to be the big challenges. Hopefully some wins at home and some draws away will see you guys through. Best of luck.

Olympiakos has a difficult task at hand with there Group A match ups

But i think they will be able to answer this task postively.

There are lots of things against them for instance time b/c they haven't even started there Greek league games.

The only thing that may benefit us is that the opposing European clubs no nuttin about us and expect us to finish last in the group

Our star player Rivaldo is washed up and i know he will play his best to prove he still has greatness within him.

Drodjevic our star player for so many years and the face of Olympiakos will be out for 3 months which is difficult to take in

There is a report out there that Tsaratas and Olympiakos have been in negotiations which is really good but the problem is that Olympiakos has given up there roster to EPO but the transfer season ends tuesday so we will see if Olympiakos can get Tsaratas on the squad

There is alot negativity and i think Olympiakos will use this to propel them to success

i think this group is so hard for OSFP they might have a chance!

haha

Monaco is a great team- Saviola and Chevanton are enough to replace Morientes and Giuly....they are a great team.

Liverpool is the best english team this year- because they got rid of Owen, Heskey- and went totally spanish in style, they looked good in preseason...also Cisse and Baros in front is deadly.........

Deportivo- do awesome in the champions league every year....these guys are great and now bought D'Alessandro to make things even more difficult.......

sorry i just think this will be too hard for OSFP to progress...

uefa spot is definitely possible over liverpool but nothing more. aek had both depor and monaco (who i think were the bottom seed in the group) and made the semi and final respectively. the 2 will conquer the group with ease and it will be between liverpool and osfp to fight it out

here is my take on the games...firstly, i believe olympiakos should play and look to advance but it will be an achievement to get the third spot...not because oly doesnt have a good side, but because the other three clubs are looking extremely strong all over the park and i think oly fans would agree with me when i say that your defense is looking alittle shabby so far...but, i will try to analyze each team....

Deportivo-this will be olys chance to gain afew points i believe...they have a great attacking line and a solid midfield and defense, but they play a more relaxed game which oly seem to fair well against...there attacking line is not that quick but they are smart..olys defense is generally slow but also play smart...this may be the only attack you may be able to hold...they have strong midfield players and stoltitidis will HAVE TO do well against valeron whois the driving key to deportivos offense..him and tristan are the players which all the balls play through, they will need to be shut off...as for their defense,andrade and capdevilla are solid but the wings is where oly need to attack from..they have wholes in the midfield that ly will need to exploit as well...

Liverpool-This is the team oly will have to have the most caution with....they are great all over the park...oly will have an extrmeley difficult time with cisse and baros up front..they are both fast and strong and if oly want to shut them down they need to step down and play deep...oly dont have the speed to keep up with the striking force so they have to cut them down deep in the defense..with gerrard sweeping into offense, stoltidis or the other def mider have to have another great game..alonso will be solid if benitez plays him in the center role and kewell will provide alot of speed to the wings...there defense has been looking a bit shaky but you cant deny the talent of riise hyypia or josemi..they could have a great game or a terrible game...oly will have to win the battle deep in midfield if they want anything from this game...your attack will be able to score if your defesnive midfielders provide good coverage...the main key is shutting off the baros cisse gerrard connection by playing deep defense...playing high with an offides trap will kill you...

Monaco-i think this one will just be a goal battle...squillaci and evra are good defenders but the rest of the defense doesnt seem to be clicking...their midfield is still in reconstruction but their attack will be smoking..they are all quick, fast and can penetrate back lines easily..saviola is so fast and a true finisher, chevanton will provide the offensive depth and kallon has been on fire lately...your defense will have alot of trouble but if oly pac a good offeisnve punch, then they will have trouble with your attack as well...dont underestimate the defesne but from what ive seen, they dont look like theyve clicked yet..

it will be difficult to advance but possible...

Pao123 u make good points

I think under bajevic we will be a more discipline team specifically on defense

but i am not sold on there defense but we will see

the key is the midfield to be able to control the game with tremedous amount of possession.

But i don't know if our 4-5-1 formation will give us enough opportunities on goal.

now i understand if we play that type of formation away going mainly for a draw but also at the same time hoping to get some counter attacks in but Olympiakos needs to play a more attacking style regardless.

Olympiakos has score's and wut i have read and heard Rivaldo looks in very good form but again this is during friendly games.

Good luck Olympiakos

Honestly, I think this is a very tough group. But there's nothing like a good challenge, hun? If Olympiakos wants to succeed in Europe, they have to rise up to the challenge.

Obviously that both Liverpool as Monaco or Deportivo are great teams, but you have to beat the good in order to proceed.

I think that, theoretically, all of them are stronger than Olympiakos, but still I believe Thrylos has a chance.

If Bajevic can put up a solid fist eleven, mentally strong, I don't see why Oly should be just aiming for the UEFA! Rivaldo can still make a difference, Schurrer is experient and Okkas is willing to show his value (as many of the signings, I think).

With the new Karaiskaki and Rendis, Oly should be just looking up for the next upcoming years, not just nationally but internationally as well! B)

Anyway, Good Luck Olympiakos! (It's always needed! :rolleyes: )

Archived