Phantis Forums

Olympiakos's group

Montreal_Thrillos

I don't think that this is such a bad draw as you think... It could have been a lot worse!!!

Actually is one of the best draws that you could get.... The only problem is that all teams are capable of beating each other so you won't have a single team to dominate the group and thus giving chances for the 2nd spot.... ;)

Anything is possible. In this comeptition you can't just look at the names and say it is a tough or easy group. In the end your team has to go on the field and actually prove yourself.

Good luck to Olympiakos.

Could have been much worse. As someone mentioned earlier, the plus is every team is capable of beating each other, thus opening the field up a bit for everyone to take advantage of if they can.

We have YET to see what OLY can put out on the field this season and thats for sure, so i really have no idea what we are capable of. I've learned one thing though, anything is possible, we'll just have to wait and see, as always.

PS: no need to reply to the comments thrown out by a 'few' mental midgets.

Wednesday, September 15

Deportivo v Olympiakos

Liverpool v Monaco

Tuesday, September 28

Monaco v Deportivo

Olympiakos v Liverpool

Tuesday, October 19

Monaco v Olympiakos

Liverpool v Deportivo

Wednesday, November 3

Deportivo v Liverpool

Olympiakos v Monaco

Tuesday, November 23

Monaco v Liverpool

Olympiakos v Deportivo

Wednesday, December 8

Deportivo v Monaco

Liverpool v Olympiakos

Could have been much worse. As someone mentioned earlier, the plus is every team is capable of beating each other, thus opening the field up a bit for everyone to take advantage of if they can.

We have YET to see what OLY can put out on the field this season and thats for sure, so i really have no idea what we are capable of. I've learned one thing though, anything is possible, we'll just have to wait and see, as always.

PS: no need to reply to the comments thrown out by a 'few' mental midgets.

That is a bad thing not an advantage!!! :o

At least if you had Milan, you would be sure that they will win almost all home and away matces so that you only had to compete with the other two teams... Now everyone can beat anyone and that is making things even more difficult for Thrynos!!! ;)

All the groups are tough and this one is no exception. I think Olympiakos with Rivaldo could make a better impact on the European stage. Liverpool is not as good as people may think .. look at the Sparta Parague result at home! But Olympiakos has to play well away from home. Monaco and Deportivo will be the most difficult away. Any repeat of the 0-7 surrender in Turn and Olympiakos can forget it for another year.

This group reminds me of AEK's group last year, because of the closeness of the teams in terms of ability and reputation in their respective countries, All of these teams are more inclined to play attacking football and it should be the most entertaining group in the Group Stage. It is hard to predict this group and I can say that any club could finish first or last.

Olympiakos drew a tough group but this is champions league and for the most part there are no easy groups. i think the one key is that we didn't draw the big time European teams b/c we all know how that will end up. Rather we have drawn good club teams like Liverpool, Manaco, and Derpotive La Coruna.

I do know a good portion about each of these 3 teams

Liverpool has a new head coach that coached last years UEFA cup champions Valencia. They may have sold Michael Owen but they have a tremedous up incoming striker Milan Baros. They do give up the goals and they do score a bunch of them. Even though Liverpool has 3 champions league trophies i don't think it will come to play. The reason is that there coach has mentioned that he would rather focus on the Premiership rather then Champions league. The problem for Olympiakos will be going away and playing them in hostile territory in England where no Greek team has never won on English soil.

Deportivo La Coruna in the past 5 seasons have made there mark in both the La Liga and Champions league, since they were in the final 4 last season. But they are not like most Spanish club's that tend to play up tempo soccer. Rather there style is very defensive. They tend to go into goal scoring droughts, but they also have the skill to have some huge scoring games, like they did against AC Milan in last years Champions league losing the first leg in Italy 4-1 and then coming back to Spain with a 4-0 win.

Monaco last years runner up in this tournament. But a very different team from last year due to a lot of players being sold. They do have a very good coach in Deschamps and they are a very offensive minded team, the question is there defensive line seems to be shaky.

Look these are my opinions and wut i have read and seen from previous seasons and current

All these games will be difficult for Olympiakos no question about that.

my worriedness is due to the fact that Olympiakos first real game of the new season will be in Spain against Deportivo. I don't know if were really up for this test and w/o Drodjevic is another problem. Drodjevic has been the face of Olympiakos for the past 8 seasons.

As i am worried i am also confident b/c we have Bajevic at the helm who has been through these wars and b/c of some the new players we have signed this season. Mainly Rivaldo and Nikopolidis. We have alot of experience on Olympiakos. The question will this equal to European success???????????????????????????

Like i said earlier we have avoided the Big time European club, but we still have very good clubs in this group, which means that match day six there is a good chance that all 4 teams will have to fight for qualification to the final 16.

Our toughest games will be Liverpool in England due to the fact of our lack of our away record, no Greek team does well in England and it will be a hostile territory.

Derpotivo in Spain b/c it will be a our first game and this is against a very good team.

The games in Greece i think Olympiakos will be fine b/c if i am rite they have only 2 losses in Greece in this tournament.

Going to Monaco even though there a very good team its not a hostile territory the fans are not really into it and thats good for the mentality of Olympiakos

there are still a very dangerous team though.

What i think?

Its hard to say but i think we can make it to the next round

From wut i am reading Olympiakos defense has tremedously improve but there playing 4-5-1 and i really don't know how were going to score, but we will see.

Good LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing comical here is your stinking reply.

I mean your comment is so pathetic at least back it up with points.

Tell me why Olympiakos will only get one point at least explain it.

Next time comeback with something better then that.

OLYMPIAKOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived