Phantis Forums

PAO's CL GROUP!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a pretty good draw...we def needa take the pointds vs rosenborg...psv wil be a difficult test as they still have very quality players....and arsenal will just be asenal...it will be possibly to advance but the cl is the cl and every game will be difficult...one step at a time...

That is why I hate Schumi as well!!! :P

I thought you were hating him because he's winning all the time....so the one who wins is a sissy? let's go PAO!!! :P :P

i have a feeling pao will do us proud in europe this season...if shoum plays the right team and choses to attack, we will win...with arsenal, we need to shut down the midfield and we will be ok...we need max points vs rosenborg and psv...

Sept 14, 2004 PAO - Rosenborg

Sept 29, 2004 PSV - PAO

Oct 20, 2004 PAO - Arsenal

Nov 2, 2004 Arsenal - PAO

Nov 24, 2004 Rosenborg - PAO

Dec 7, 2004 PAO - PSV

theres the schedule....

an optimistic scenario...

a 2-0 win over Rosenborg on matchday 1,

an unlikely 1-2 win over PSV on md 2 to shock Europe,

a 1-0 win over Arsenal after a great defensive game,

another shocking result, drawing 2-2 with Arsenal o md 4,

a last-minute equalizer against Rosenborg to ensure qualification,

a 1-1 draw with PSV to clinch leader's spot... (12 points, 3 wins 3 draws)

a pessimistic scenario...

a 0-0 draw with Rosenborg on md 1,

a 0-2 defeat at the hands of PSV on md 2,

a 0-3 home defeat at home to Arsenal on md 3 & Shum is fired,

a 0-1 defeat at Highbury with the new coach but the future seems ok,

a 2-0 win away to Rosenborg to rise up to third,

a 0-0 draw against PSV in which PAO tries everything to open up the lock but fail sees Panathinaikos go to UEFA Cup... (5 points, 1 win 2 draws 3 losses)

a somewhat realistic scenario...

a 2-1 win over Rosenborg to start things off,

a 1-1 draw with PSV on md 2,

a 2-2 draw with Arsenal at home on md 3,

a 0-4 loss at Highbury as Halkias lets in one after another,

a 1-1 draw with Rosenborg at Lerkendal Arena on md 5,

and a 1-0 win over PSV gets PAO a 2nd round ticket as runners-up to Arsenal... (9 points, 2 wins 3 draws 1 loss)

which one would u stick to?

i would stick to the third scenario but still want to see Shum got dismissed! askin' for too much :lol: ?

This is my scenario,

Rosenborg equals 6 points. We will get them at home, even though we are not 100% fit and they are. The quality difference will show the way. The match at Trondheim in November will not be easy, but the fact that their season is over in the end of October will be key.

PSV are a good side even without Robben and Mateja. That will be the key matchup. Can we escape Einhoven with a draw (or even a win), then 3 points at Leoforos is not impossible.

Arsenal I will be happy if we get 2 points from. They are simply one level better than us.

I too agree with PAO123 and believe in this team this year. I like the moves that Zaec made, bringing in depth to the team while reducing the budget by nearly 30%. In contrast to alot of people in here, I support the Vardinogianni family beacause they provide us with stability that a team of this calibre deserves. I think this year we will deliver in CL by reaching the knockout stage and comfortably win domestically.

i think we have very good depth in our squad with players that can shine (gonzalez, pap, olisadebe) there are signings that i dont agree with but for the most part i think our players are solid all around...we are set in all our positions with good back ups....our tean has had a year to settle and i think we are looking good...though we have signed a fair amount of players, the team is pretty set as last year (with afew changes, ie skacel,mb mitou,mb andric) and they seem to click pretty well with the team...some "lesser" players are starting to step up and we have good leaderhsip on the team...i believe if shoum plays the cards right, our squad will be very strong...

I sure hope no one dares to under estimate Rosenborg, and PSV is just damned dangerous as always. Starting off against the norweigans at home holds a BIG hidden danger.

Other than that, I really do think pao can compete with the other two with some seriousness and get past the group stage, no one will be touching Arsenal though, they look awesome right now.

arsenal are untouchable in the premier league..but they were last year too and their cl campaign didnt look that hot early on..europe and the domestic league are different things...they will be sooooo difficult to beat, possibly the most difficult in the CL, but anything is possible...and your right...no team should be underestimated...we were just stating that we are sure we have more quality then rosenborg and it will be a test, but i realistically believe we should take 6 points..psv are also extremely quality..they have alot of great players still (ie van bommel, venegoor of hesselink etc. etc.) and should definitly be looked at with alot of respect...they have a very quick speed of play that will be difficult for us to deal wiht...we will be fighting with them for the 2nd spo i believe....roenborg will put up a great fight but i think psv and paos quality is significantly greater then theirs...

arsenal are untouchable in the premier league..but they were last year too and their cl campaign didnt look that hot early on..europe and the domestic league are different things...they will be sooooo difficult to beat, possibly the most difficult in the CL, but anything is possible...and your right...no team should be underestimated...we were just stating that we are sure we have more quality then rosenborg and it will be a test, but i realistically believe we should take 6 points..psv are also extremely quality..they have alot of great players still (ie van bommel, venegoor of hesselink etc. etc.) and should definitly be looked at with alot of respect...they have a very quick speed of play that will be difficult for us to deal wiht...we will be fighting with them for the 2nd spo i believe....roenborg will put up a great fight but i think psv and paos quality is significantly greater then theirs...

com'on Arsenal defence leaks in every rapid opportunity. they have a horrible goalkeeper in Lehmann and i believe that defeating them at Highbury is a bit easier than beating them at Leoforos! PAO can get 4 pts from Arsenal and it will surely help...

a realistic scenario...

a 1-1 tie with Rosenborg, 82nd minute equaliser by Pap coz were not ready match wise

a 1-3 loss to PSV with late goals commin for Psv in the 72nd and 90th minute

a 0-2 loss with Arsenal at home and scum getting fired!!!

a 1-2 loss at Highbury, we take them to the wire however Henry scored in the 70th minute

a 2-1 win over Rosenborg at Lerkendal Arena with pao hittin form

a 1-1 tie with PSV gettin a late goal that screws us badly...

Total for Pao = 1 Win 3 Loses and 2 Ties = 5 points....

Is it because you do not really believe PAO can go through...

or these should be the priorities of a True Panathinaikos fan?

Since you support Vardinoyiannis' decisions, and you are happy with this PAO roster why the doubt?

I am a PANATHINAIKOS fan, and not a "sissie" or "gauro" hater!!!

All I care about, is the success of MY team, regardless of the misfortune of others.

I assume you call Arsenal "sissies" ? You seem to have so much empathy for so many, that I do not know what makes you happier, their loss, or our WIN ?

I agree that it would be great to beat Arse-anal, just because they are a great team, and because they have been unbeaten for so long in the EPL

However the most important goal is to advance to the second round, regardless of how it is done

I think this is a hard group for this PAO team

From the bottom of my PAO heart, I hope we make it through

If we still had our STARS... things would have been far easier, and success more realistically attainable. :)

Judging from last years performances in the Cl, we need a huge improvement

Domination at home will be key, that's where we failed last year

We need maximum points over Rosenborg, who did not look that strong, and

a win at home vs PSV :tup:

Any points vs Arse-anal will be a bonus

I predict 9 points will take us through, 10 with flying colors

KALH TYXH

No matter what, I want PAO to play like at Glasgow and not like the Auxaire fiascos :tdown:

PEACE

First of all the comment was a joke as you could see from the smilie....

Second I never said that I am happy with this PAO team. I just said lets wait till we judge them unlike you true APO fans were you seemed to know everything about every player before you even see him play. All I protest about is the use of Kourada and Lamoio!!! We all seen them play and we are allowed to have an opinion... Some of you however, seemed to have an opinion about everything and everyone before you even know some things about them....

Generally I want PAO to perform well. That will depend on Schum's tactics as well as the performance of some key players... Key players are of course Galinovic, Henriksen, Basinas and Gonzalez.... We have a very stron attacking line as well as a very solid midfield.... All we need to worry is making the right selection (i.e. Henriksen instead of Kyriakos, Kourada and Lamoio not even in the 16, etc etc) If we continuw with last years tactics (Goumas marking Giggs) we will loose in every game. Its simple......

And of course we have to wait and see the performance of our new signings (I think we can all agree that from the friendlies you can't make anything)....

VassiliOs and thrillos:

Re...didn't Rosenborg put 5 goals past your sorry team not long ago? They are just one team among the many in Europe who have done that so you probably forgot :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am sure we will do better.

How about Oly then? Do you think you can get a UEFA place this year at last or what? :P

Archived