Phantis Forums

The first modern Olympics-The movie-

Elastonpappou 13

Dear All,

I know that this is a sports forum but due to the timing of the Olympics I cannot overlook the fact that yesturday I saw probably the worst movie of all time!!!

The movie was shown by Mega channel at 21:00 Greek time and it is called "The first Modern Olympic Games" and its about the 1896 Athens Olympics starring many foreign and Greek actors...

Well this was a comedy and Americans have overdone themselves even more than independence day...

I actually learned many things from that movie about the Olympics that I didn't know...

1st Did you know that Americans tought us how to throw the Discus in the modern Olympics?

2nd Also Americans tought us how we should stand (you know the bending position) in the Start line of the sprint races... :lol:

3rd Also they tought us how to jump and how to use the Pole Vault!!! :lol: :lol:

4rth Did you know that the American 1896 Olympic team comprised of 16 Athletes who ALL won a Gold, Silver and Bronze metal EACH? :lol: In every single event their athletes won by getting the 1st, 2nd and 3rd position... Apart from the Marathon

And here we come to the biggest parade...

Did you know that Spyros Louis won just because villagers (between Marathon and Athens) were giving drinks (wine and stuff) to all the other athletes which resulted to them being drunk and Spyros Louis winning the Marathon? Otherwise we would have lost the Marathon by the Americans!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think this was the biggest parade movie I have ever watched... I think the movie forgot to put on the message that in 1896 Americans were hanging of trees, feeding their cows, chasing indians and eating cone bread!!!! :lol:

Actually...Marathon runners in 1896 were given wine to replace the body fluids they lost!

Spyros Loues, however, did not abstain but had his cups as well. :D

The story goes that a French runner loved the wine so much, that he quit the race and got drunk with the villagers! :wacko:

In 1906 athletes faced a different problem as the Games were held during Sarakosti and there was no meat to be had! Non-Orthodox delegations thought this was a conspiracy to starve their athletes!

I guess you cannot win, either way! :(

The story goes that a French runner loved the wine so much, that he quit the race and got drunk with the villagers! :wacko:

In the movie, the whole American marathon athletes got drunk and this explains the reason why Spyros won the race... :P :P :P

Now they will make a movie to explain to us why the Greek footbal NT won the euro... Probably we fed the Portuguese the Checks and the French to much Giro and they had a bad stomach.... :P :P :P

Archived