Phantis Forums

NOVA

Lalin

lalin - please tell me how you manage to do this, where do you live and so on. i have my father in greece too but i dont know how to get it set up.... i wrote nova and they said it wasnt possible but i know there full of it. could you please help???

Drako,

all you need is a satellite dish that is set on the satellite hotbird. I do not know the frequency, but the person who sets up your dish will know.

You then tell your father to subscribe to Nova in Greece with his address , details etc. My father pays the whole amount once a year (I am not sure of the exact amount). Nova then send him the decoder along with the smartcard, which your father in turn gives to you. You then connect the satellite dish to the decoder with the smartcard in it and ..... voila you got yourself the full Nova package along with the all important PAO matches !!!

If you ever run into problems , you call Nova in Athens and give them the subscription number. I twice lost the signal, and they fixed it within minutes. They are very efficient.

Let me know if you need more help.

It is possible from all over the world,

the satellite hotbird is up there and any satellite dish can reach it, as long as it is pointed in its frequency. And as you have someone in Greece who can make the subscription for you, you should be fine.

u think its possible to do this from the US?

Kostas

I have looked at this in the past. Apparantly Nova goes all over europe and Parts of Africa but cannot be reached in Australia and America.

This is very unfortunate as here in Australia we have to live with TARBS which is a shocking service.

Drako,

all you need is a satellite dish that is set on the satellite hotbird. I do not know the frequency, but the person who sets up your dish will know.

You then tell your father to subscribe to Nova in Greece with his address , details etc. My father pays the whole amount once a year (I am not sure of the exact amount). Nova then send him the decoder along with the smartcard, which your father in turn gives to you. You then connect the satellite dish to the decoder with the smartcard in it and ..... voila you got yourself the full Nova package along with the all important PAO matches !!!

If you ever run into problems , you call Nova in Athens and give them the subscription number. I twice lost the signal, and they fixed it within minutes. They are very efficient.

Let me know if you need more help.

Lalin eisai Manolis!!!! (8eos :lol: )

hotbird is a satelite available anywhere in europe? (i will be in switz)

how big is the dish?

also when you called them - did you have to say you where in stockholm?

also what other channels does the package have?

Drako,

Here is a link that has the frequency

http://www.lyngsat.com/hb4.html

If you scroll down to the middle of the screen , you will see the NOVA specs. About the size of the dish , te best thing to do is ask someone that sells satellite dishes.

I just hope that you do not live in an area that has a lot of high buildings that would block the view of the dish. Also, check if you are allowed to install a dish where you live. The swiss are a bit peculiar sometimes. I lived there for 4 years.

About the channels, you can check www.nova.gr . But basically you get ET1 , NET, ET3, Ant1, MEGA, Alter, Star, Alpha, MAD TV, Supersport 1, 2, 3, extra, Filmnet 1, 2, TV Magic (I like watching Thyra 7 with Tsoukalas, especially now that they have lost and he cannot swallow it), and then a whole bunch of international channels such as CNN, Eurosport, MTV, TCM, MGM, Fashion TV, Rai, Tve etc etc

Archived