Phantis Forums

who does everybody consider favourites?

drakos13

in my opinion

Germany: not only the most boring team to watch, could squeeze into the semifinals with luck but i dont expect anything big

England: These guy are really bad. Sven Goran Erikson is a PATHETIC coach, and theyre pretty damn lousy. I understand England has no strikers whatsoever, (Owen isnt that great anymore lets face it) Rooney is an amateur, has no place on the England side in my opinion, hes just garbage taking up space. Scholes is their best, James is good but the defense is also lousy, Cole is just bad, same with Neville. Beckham dont get me started, hes only useful for setpieces. and worst of all they have no teamplay as i saw last night vs Portugal...

France: Has potential, another favourite but played very poorly against Belgium. Also Fabien bartez is a huge mistake. He is not fast, he has no vertical. Coupet is far superior, if Barthez starts in goal france will have some problems in big games.

Spain: they have an arrogant style of play, is gonna take them down. I think only if theyre on top form they will get to the next round, i can see them being arrogant again about Greece, and we are getting better and better... i think we can pull it off again.

Portugal: have a great midfield but no finishers. Pauleta is ok, but they dont have the quality up top to win the whole thing, though but they do have the homefield advanttage which does help.. i think theyll go far. i think we can tie them if we play very well.

Italy: again i think they will win, theyre really good and strong every where except the right wing. also theyre gonna want to make up for being cheated against in 2002... theyre my pick.

wat does every one else think?

More or less agree with you Drako with some slight differences.

Germany: Ballack's getting only better and their backline if healthy should be better. At the World Cup they were totally depleted back there and if guys like Nowotny are healthy, you toss in youth like Tobias Rau and it could be effective. Also, they've got Kuranyi now so that might help as I think Klose is hugely overrated. Prediction: Quarters

England: Totally agree with everything you said except for Ashley Cole. He busts some serious butt running down the wings as does Kieron Dyer. Quarters too.

Spain: Agree as well. Morientes is in tremendous form right now with Monaco and he didn't get a callup for the Peru game last week. Maybe Reyes will cause something if he gets into the lineup...They don't get out of the group due to us. :D

Portugal: I think they've actually got a chance this time. As long as they don't allow 3 consecutive goals in the first match like in Korea they should be alright... ;) ...But I think that having fiery youth like Cristiano Ronaldo, Hugo Viana and Ricardo Quarsema will be refreshing while it mixes with Figo, Conceicao, and Boa Morte. Pauleta is their only true forward tho...Semis

Italy: I think they're once again overrated as well with the exception of Del Piero, Cannavarro, Nesta and Buffon. I don't think they'll ever learn not to sit on a 1 goal lead and I think it'll bite them in the ass...Semis

Holland: You kinda forgot about them. They weren't very inspiring last week against the USA but I think they'll go all out at this thing and their offense is just so overpowering that I see them going all the way. With likes of RVN, Kluivert, Robben, Van der vaart, Van der Meyde, and Staam, I don't see anybody stopping them. Finals

France: So what if they didn't play well against Belgium. it was an experimental roster. Barthez is a mistake but they've got a stacked team and I think the best attack on this planet. Henry, Trezeguet, Cisse(even though he won't be there), Anelka, Saha, Marlet, Govou, and Luyindula...With Zizu and Vieira in the middle, Pires on the left, and Wiltord out right, I see them winning the whole thing. Barthez could foil that though...

Look for Spain to choke (again), the Czech Republic to surprise everyone, England to be looking for excuses (again), Italy to go beyond where most people consider them capable of going, Germany to flop and FRANCE to win it.

Portugal will not get to the semis and could even be eliminated in the first round ;)

Greece will keep their matches close but face an uphill battle.

Archived