Phantis Forums

The Eternal Rivals...

adonis

Just like last yr, or well very similar, the title will come down to the two Eternal Rivals, Panathinaikos and Olympiakos. The reigning champions are ahead by just one point and with just 10 games to go it will be tight.

Ladder at the top:

1. Olympiakos 20 16 2 2 51 (for) 13 (against) 50 points

2. Panathinaikos 20 15 4 1 39 (for) 13 (against 49 points

Both Olympiakos and Panathinaikos have the best defences in the league, both only conceding 13 goals. The gauroi have the best attack in the league with 51 goals for, just ahead of AEK with 40 goals.

Giovanni is the leading player this season for Olympiakos and with 16 goals to his name, he is also the highest ranked Olympiakos player in terms of game time with 1709 minutes. Second is Djordevic with 1556 minutes game time and 7 goals. Following Predrag is Mavrogennnidis with 1400 minutes, Stoltidis with 1348 minutes, Georgiadis with 1344, Kostoulas 1311 minutes, Venetidis and Karembeu 1290 minutes, Pantos 1233 min, and Castillo 1229 minutes.

In the Green Camp, the leading player with most amount of game time under his belt is Nikopolidis, with 1682 minutes. Perhaps the most consistent performer this season would have to be Papadopoulos whom with 17 games under his blet due to injury as well, has 10 goals to his name. In terms of playing time, Zuta comes second with 1578 minutes, Basinas third with 1559 minutes, Konstantinou with 1520 minutes, Henriksen 1400, Morris 1357, Goumas 1341 min, Michaelsen 1338 minutes.

And with ten games to go the program for both teams are:

Program for Panathinaikos:

PAO - Iraklis

PAO - Aigaleo

Panionios - PAO

PAO - Chalkidona

Aris - PAO

PAO - Olympiakos

PAOK - PAO

PAO - Akratitos

Proodeutiki - PAO

Paniliakos - PAO

Program for Olympiakos:

OFI - OSFP

Kallithea - OSFP

OSFP - AEK

Ionikos - OSFP

OSFP - Iraklis

PAO - OSFP

OSFP - Panionios

Chalkidona - OSFP

OSFP - Aris

OSFP - Aigaleo

Panathinaikos still has two games in Thessaloniki which will prove difficult, however it holds the advanatage with hosting OSFP in what will prove the game of the season.

OSFP will however finish strongly with two home games to finish the season, however it must look forward to playing two derbies, firstly against AEK at home, and secondly to PAO in Leoforos.

i actually think its ours this year. i know we will win in thessaloniki, i know we will beat them in Leoforo too. Its gonna be 100% green hell meaning were gonna attack and oly will break hopefully i will be there . i have faith, the referees can slow us down but if we play well there will be nothing they can do. I also think AEK will wake up and give them some real trouble

I like your optimism. But do you know how many years we have been hopeful and saying 'this is our year?'

Kokalis has declared that he wants the 8th. He will get the 8th. Experience has shown he gets what he wants. When he turns down his expectations I will believe we have a chance.

Kokalis will make sure he gets what he wants.

Earlier today I read this:

http://www.contra.gr/Column.aspx?ColID=4&ExtraID=994

and it made me smile.

I love it when Olympiakos fans pose as PAO fans in order to attack PAO.

I am no fan of Vardinnogiannis but this guy is clearly a muppet, he is a Gay-ros and it's obvious. His arguments are also flawed.

He keeps talking about the game in Crete like it's the only game of the season. But he forgets that for every OFI, there is proodeftiki. He also says that if he were an Oly fan, he'd be proud :huh: !!!!!! I think that's where he gives his true identity away.

Still funny though :lol:

mia zoi ta eidia.

we will see when we see. if our players want it enough and are not bought like last year, we will win. we need to beet them and not slip up. injuries are getting out of the way now, and there shuld be no excuses,. we seem to have bought well in the transfer window, and i belive,

its time to wipe out the rot and take grece back to credability.

fora pana!!!

Personally, I think this year, It'll be Panathinaikos as the Greek Champs :tup: , but I think it'll still finish as a close matchup. :box: I think it all depends on that one game when Panathinaikos faces Olympiakos. I think that game, Panathinaikos would edge Olympiakos out by one goal. :la: I hope Panathinaikos win, cause I'm getting pretty tired of seeing Olympiakos finish first..... :angry:

Archived