Phantis Forums

Your Ultimate Olympiakos Squad

Tzatziki

I know we're only about 2 and half Oly fans here but what the hell, make your all time squad picking your fave players. I only started watching the team in the late 90's so don't lynch me for leaving out the greats I never got to see :57bb19ec8e254_haveaniceday:

-------------------------------------------Niko (Eleftheropoulos)

Patzatzoglou (Toro)-------------- Antza--Mellberg (Manola)------------------Geo

----------------------------------------------Stoltidi (Toure & Dudu)

Galleti (Stelio, Campbell)------------Gio (Rivaldo & KMelachrinosali)-----------------Tzole (Weiss)

------------------------------Mirallas (Castillo)----Alexandri (Mitroglou)

Oh man you almost had it spot on but you ruined it with Anatolakis. 

He would have to be one of the technically poorest players to ever play for Olympiacos. The definition of one dimensional old-school defender would have a photo of Giorgos Anatolakis right under it. He's one of the reasons the club could never win away from home in the early days of the Champions League. 

I'd replace Anatolakis with Manolas. I'd also add that kolopaido Nery Castillo on the bench. He had some good moments.

.............................Roberto..............................

Torosidis............Manolas.........Mellberg..........Georgatos

..................................Karambeu......................................

...........................Stoltidis.............Rivaldo......................

Galletti....................................................................Djole

......................................Kovacevic..................

subs: Stelios, Castillo, Mirallas, KMelachrinosalis, Giovani,Patsa, Alexandris,

The debate about which player should or should not be included is nice to read, but this is YOUR ultimate squad, no wrong answers. Anatolaki was a soldier for the club, even though his abilities let us down sometimes, he left it all on the pitch always, that is why people love him.

• 3 months later...
On 9/10/2016 at 4:07 AM, ThrylosG7 said:

My all time squad is going to be about who are the best players I have seen in that position at our club - how good they actually were when they came to us - meaning I'm rating Rivaldo who came to Olympiacos not the Rivaldo who was world player of the year..

it would be 

--------------------Roberto-------------------

Torosidis---Papadopoulos -----Mellberg------Georgatos

----------------Karambeau---------Stoltidis----------------

Stelios -------------Giovanni-----------------------Djole

---------------------alexandris-----------------------

Thats how i see it 

On the bench

KMelachrinosalis,Alexandris,Antzas ,Patza, Galleti , Rivaldo, Eleftheropoulos.

Just to note I am too young to clearly remember players like Anastopoulos ,Dettari, guys from the Mid 80's - although i had seen them play - its hard for me to compare them. Also Sideris and Delikaris would have to certainly be in any all time 11 I never saw them play. 

You guys have had some quality over the year. This would be roughly my team too. Although I loved Nikopolidis in his prime, even with the gaffes. Hard on Rivaldo to ride the bench. I particularly loved Djole's approach to the game. Very professional. And i enjoyed watching crazy castillo play, although he doesn't belong on this list

• Like it 1

If 

20 hours ago, Nikod said:

Although I loved Nikopolidis in his prime, even with the gaffes. 

On a good day he was something else, on a bad day watching him was more painful than flushing your eyes with bleach. More often than not though he was a rock for us in our own end, and he conveyed a sense of security for his teammates and the fans. And of course no one will ever forget what him and the heroes of 2004 did for our country. 

nikopolidis.jpg