Phantis Forums

Panionios vs AEK

Original 21

Saturday we play a really tough game against the surprise of the season. Poyet has had the team playing great the past few weeks but we need to keep it up to get a win in this game. Panionios has a very good attack, we need to be wary of it. I don't think we will see many changes at all from the lineup:

----------------------Baroja

Galo-----Kolovetsios----Arzo----Didac

----------------------Simoes-------------------

----------Johanson-------Mantalos--------

Aravidis----------Djebour-----Buononotte

When Djebour plays a lot of space gets opened up for Aravidis, they've started together in only two league games this year against Platanias and Kalloni, Aravidis in both games scored and had his most shots on goal which was 3 in each game. Mantalos needs to play in this game because it will be close and it can be decided by one moment of brilliance or set piece, we need him. On the other wing, I'm not sure if put Barbosa back in, or Buononotte. Barbosa had a few games with great form but has since fallen back down to normal levels, Buononotte has been decent lately but it's tough to take him out because of the same reason as Mantalos. Platellas seems way more useful off the bench, he was good against Panaitolikos but average against Kalloni.

I don't think much will change from the line up over the weekend, this is a big game for us and a chance to open up a lead from the rest with Pao playing Asteras...

I would start Diego, you can see he is enjoying his football now and he can only get better for us.

Lets hope Djebbour keeps firing for us, seems he has won over the fans with his last 2 matches which is another good thing and can lift his confidence also but also lift the team now since we lacked up front at times

So any one from PAE AEK wanna do something about the refs, anything at all? Aslanidis are you alive? What kind of president is this guy? Melissanidis is a gataki and won't do anything himself so he puts a guy like Aslanidis in charge of the team and he's probably the worst president we've ever had. At least Dimitrelos was involved with the team...

1. The clearest penalty I've ever seen. He commits a penalty three times, two failed tackles that both get Johanson's legs and shirt tugging the entire time. This for me is a clear sign of a fixed ref. How in the world does a referee AND a linesmen both miss this play? We are being robbed in plain sight!

2. Our goal is not offside.Not only because Djebbour is aligned with the defender but because the only way a player can be called offside without touching the ball is if he is obstructing the play. When Barbosa takes his shot Debbour is not in his field of vision and is parallel to the panionio defender, its only after the shot is taken that Djebbor makes a move.  

3. Artho is garbage. 

That is all. 

Where do I start........

1. Clear penalty not given (atleast now spastics wont say the refs gave us points again)

2. Disallowed goal would've been given if he had a red shirt on

3. Arzo is rubbish

4. We didn't have the right balance

5. The ref was hanging to get us down to 10 men

6. Aravidis should not have been on the wing

7. Djebbour showing his usual side of arrogance

8. Their goal was a ripper but we allowed him to run at us

9. We got a point atleast

10. F*** these pricks that destroy the Greek League

12. LOL at those idiots saying AEK robbed Panionios obviously they cant take their red glasses off and will talk stupidity as that all they seem to know

Edited by Original Sydney

The game was poor by the refs and I agree both teams could've had a penalty given. Arzo's 2nd yellow was a card but this ref you could wanted to send one of our boys off and finally he got his moment to do it.

Im pretty sure the rule changed this season (read on an epl site) that even if he isn't interfering with play he can be called offside if he is in an offside position.

If that was Oly jvc that goal would've counted, Johanssen's penalty would've been given and Arzo 2nd yellow would've been play on, after all we saw it happen few weeks back when they played Veria, 5 clear fouls not given, yellows not given to players BUT we get help from refs according to some xeftiles who claim to know football but really know F*** ALL :)

No doubt jvc they would've won that match, as for our goal debatable yes but benefit does go to the striker at times, to be honest sta arxithia mou if he was offside when I see Oly getting so much in their favour, how was the Panaitolikos keeper worthy of a red with that when you see him turning his body sideways and away from the Oly striker?

8 in 11 matches? HAHAHAHAHAH and then the super "wedidnothingtoyou" crew want to say AEK had help from refs LOL....... That's +12 thanks to the refs to the reds.