Phantis Forums

Veria-AEK

Original 21

Saw the highlights, amazing free kick by Barbosa. We had chances to score, and from what I read we could have scored more goals if we had a real striker. Vargas was a disappointed according to many, I haven't read much about Didac, how did he do? Anyways, good to see the team get a ballsy comeback and great to see Mantalos play 90 minutes again. Also a nice finish by Buonannotte on the goal. Hopefully the chemistry builds between Diego Mantalos and Vargas, if that happens then we will be very dangerous. Need a win on Sunday against Atromitos before we go to the Tigani.

Today was the answer for those that still believe we can play all three big 3 and still perform. You cant take 3 dekaria/AM's and turn them into wingers.

The same exact thing that happened in Toumba happened today:

1. Diego and Vargas were gassed out the first half and in the second half were either non-existent or completely out of it. Getting second to the ball, sloppy passing, bad runs, etc. and the cherry on top was Vargas' misses tet-a-tet give away with the goalie. They offered no help on defense and so we got the first goal scored on us and once again galo was left stranded on the wing. When Della going to realize that they are not wingers?! Neither is Aravidi!

2. Della was a ###### mess out there and we got really lucky to get out of there with 3 points. At most points int he game you didn't even know wtf the formation was, and I don't even think he knew what it was. No one was in their position, no one knew where to mark, and the formations were all messed up. All you had to do was look at Vargas throughout the game. He started on the wing, then he was put in the center, then he was moved up to CF!!!! In CF position we saw one of the most embarrassing plays where the ball flies right over him and Aravidi and neither of them were able to head it (right before our first goal). Then by the end of the game....this gets good..............he ends the game as DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER.....At the fan club we were joking about how he might play as a goalkeeper before the game ends. By the 80th minute Vargas couldn't even bring the ball up the field.  Mandalo was also wasted in the same manner. 

3. Didac did really well! Both in his offensive and defensive duties, the guy was everywhere! Along with Simoes these two were breathing life into a dead line up. 

4. Barbosa's goal was awesome, and his non- celebration was almost too gangsta. He pretty much told Della " You cut my wings right as I was getting heated up" I feel like we have very short memories and forget the player he was before his injury last year. There was no reason to bench him after the PAS game as he was one of our top performers. As soon as Barbosa and Platella came on, the team had a new energy and started dominating. Which brings me to my next point.

5. Players like Platella need to start right now. The guy was on fire and in his best form before Della benched him for no reason. This is how you ruin someone's momentum and psychology. 

6. Johanson needs a breather. I think its the heat taking a toll on him, but it seems like he's lost his cool.  Maybe its time to give Cordero a go or maybe try a more attacking 4-1-3-2 and see if that solves our problems with finishing. 

Its simple! Stop ###### with the lineup, us the line up we had last season with a few good additions. Stop trying to force players into the least convenient positions for them. He's burning our players out with these stupid line ups and we look tired as F*** by the second half. Stop force feeding us Mandalo, Diego, and Vargas at the same time when its obvious that none of them or at least 2 of the 3 are not 100%

BTW I almost forgot. The refereeing was a TRAVESTY today. Veria were boxing with us at one point and no calls were going our way. Something needs to happen , someone within the PAE needs to put some pressure on EPO. There were plays where I was scared for our players especially Mandalo and Buonnanotte who were getting pounced on. I'm afraid that if this continues and players don't get the cards they deserve its going to be a rough season.