Xanthi - AEK

Dikefale11

I'd start something like this:

Baroja

Galo Tzanetopoulos Kolovetsios Soiledis

Johanson Simoes

Platellas Buonannotte Vargas

Aravidis

Djebour will most likely be out so Aravidis starts up top and with another week under his belt Buonannotte should be ready for a full 90 minutes. I'm 50-50 at left back because I want to see what Didac can do but Soiledis played so well last game that we can't take him out.

I think we will have majority of possession but struggle to breakdown a tough defense, but in the end with quality players like Buonannotte Vargas Galo and Aravidis we will break them down and get the key goal.

Djebbour out could be a blessing, he has been very low on form.

Wouldn't be making too many changes to last weekend's team but I would throw in Diego now as Original has above. He looked good with the ball for the little time he played.

I would also keep Soiledis at LB he didn't do much wrong vs Platanias.

Anestis, Baroja, Kolovetsios, Lambropoulos, Tzanetopoulos, Soiledis, Vasilantonopoulos, Galo, Didac, Anakoglou, Grontis, Platellas, Mantalos, Andreopoulos, Johansson, Simoes, Vargas, Buonanotte, Barbosa, Chrisantus, & Aravidis. These are the players in the team to play vs Xanthi.

I'd go with;

1323795_AEK_Athens.jpg

Subs: 

Anestis, Lambropoulos, Didac, Anakoglou, Mantalos, Barbosa, Chrisantus.

Definitely would like to see Mantalos at some stage in the game.

I think Soiledis deserves another start based on his performance in the first game vs Platanias. Didac to also make an appearance to get game time under his belt.

Whether or not Buonanotte starts is another question, I'd like him to but wont be disappointing if he doesn't, maybe Vargas in the middle again with Barbosa on the left.

Aravidis up front without question. Arzo doesn't seem to be in the team (whats the deal with him?) so Kolo - Tzane at the back with Galo, the bazooka leg, on the right.

• Like it 1

I don't see too many changes from last weeks side everyone did their job.

Aravidis has to be up top now with Djebbour out, Barbosa may slot in on the left, unless he gives Anakoglou a start and throws Vargas out wide OR he may even start Diego and have Vargas out wide, so good to have this selection headache with this depth we have. Will be good to see what Dellas goes with...

Soiledis does deserve to keep his spot he didn't do much wrong last week, but Didac will be pushing for that spot very soon.

Arzo I have heard isn't up to it at the moment he lacks pace also.

Great to see Mandalos back, expect him to get about 10-15 mins after all it is his old club...

PAME MORI AROSTIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA another sleepness night for us here in Aus 4.30am kickoff :)

Weird with Arzo, he probably thought he was going to walk straight in to the 11ada. Kolo and Tzane keeping him out and rightly so, they've been beast, a great combo and great chemistry.

5 Greeks in that lineup, and possibly 6 with Mantalos. Great to see.

• Like it 1

The depth is great, for the first time in a long time we have players that can fill in a role straight away if another is injured/out if form, instead of playing players out of position to fill the role or changing formation.

Its handy this season as we only have 1 game a week, but if we get Europe next season it will be crucial to have depth.

Thanks Amo and yes the depth we have excites me first time in a long time!!!!

Correct Dikefale if someone does get injured we have someone to step in and do the same job instead of relying on someone to try fill a position they aren't too familiar with..

If we do get into Europe next year we will have more depth Meli surely knows this is needed, Dellas would and so would Dusan...

Our depth is our biggest strength this year, at every position except striker we have backups that can be just as useful as the starters. We have less games than everyone, and more players than everyone, we are in a great position to make a run this year.

I guess I need an avatar now lol

• Like it 1

Good to see some avatars in here rather than a bunch of manikins speaking to each other haha....its like they become a part of you---amorgo for example, will always be the race car driver in my head hahaha Manolara was always Jesus Navas, Dikefale youve grown well into Melissanidi lmao

Anyway, i think we should start the 2nd half Platania line up and throw Barbosa on the left, and then put Buonnanote in later. Pigadia have always been a tough place to play in, and idk if Diego has gelled enough with the squad yet, not to mention you never know what youll get pitch wise so its kind of risky. As far as Mantalo goes i think he should only get thrown in if we have a comfortable lead otherwise im fine with him subbing in during the Pas game.This is a very tough game, as Ksanthi and Agrinio away have probably been the toughest non-Athens/Thessalonikh teams the past seasons.

Bold prediction: Platellas is gonna score in this game against the team that did whatever they could to get rid of him.

Dellas tried out this formation in practice

Baroja

Galo Kolovetsios Tzanetopoulos Soiledis

Simoes Johanson

Platellas Vargas Barbosa

Aravidis

Only one change from last week due to injury. I hope to see Didac, Buonannotte, and Mantalos get some minutes.

Hi everyone, Im new to the forums!!

Anyone know if links are usually posted here? Its not worth paying 60 USD a month just to have the sports plus package to catch a few away AEK games a year.

BTW i was at the stadium for the first game against Platania. Team looks really good hopefully we can continue.