Phantis Forums

Dimitris Anakoglou

Original 21

Anakoglou is probably my favorite player at AEK right now, from the way he came to the club to his style of play, I really hope this player turns into a true leader in the years to come. I think there's room for both Simoes and Ankoglou in the starting lineup but when Mandalo is match fit again its going to be tough. Simoes is a defensive mid whereas Anakoglou is a dekari. If need be they can alternate through the midfield too. I think the one fighting for a position next year will most likely be Cordero. F*** finding a line up will be tough next year. Lets see what our options are line up wise as we are now (Parenthesis are subs and question marks are if im not sure about the position):

(4-2-3-1)

-----------------------------------Aravidis------------------------------------------------------

Barbosa----------------------------------------------------------------------Plattellas 

-----------------------------------Anakoglou (Mandalo till he is match fit)--------------------------------------------------

-------------------Johanson-----------------------Simoes------------------------------------

Soiledhs---------------------------------------------------------------------Bakakis 

-------------------Tzanetopoulo---------------Kolovetsio------------------------------------------

---------------------------------Anesths??-----------------------

An issue with the above formation is that Simoes and Johanson both play to the right. So since Anakoglou is a lefty and Simoes can play right mid as well the center can look like this, I think this also balances the offense and defense a little better (4-3-3):

Anakoglou--------------------------Simoes
                     ------------------Johanson(Cordero)-----------------------------

For you guys who don't like Plattella 4-4-1-1 :

---------------------------------------------Aravidi------------------------------------
--------------------------------Barbosa--------------------------------------------------

Anakoglou----------Mandalo----------------Johanson---------------Simoes

Soiledi----------------------------------------------------------------------Bakaki

-----------------------Tsanetopoulo-----------Kolovetsio-------------------------

or 4-4-2 Diamond

--------------Barbosa-------------------Aravidi------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------Mandalo------------------------------------------------
Anakoglou----------------------------------------------------Simoes
-------------------------Johanson(Cordero)----------------------------------------------------
Edited by CHE21QNS

Goddamn is Della's Job going to be hard next year. For me the best line up is 4-3-3 which sucks because it means a lot of my favorite players will be fighting for a spot (Namely Anakoglou and Cordero). But if Platella doesn't deliver (which I hope he does) then I wouldnt mind seeing 4-4-2 Diamond

What are your thoughts guys?

Edited by CHE21QNS

Its a good headache for Dellas to have in my opinion, rather he have this many options than not have any at all.

Simoes will walk into our starting line up, his stats this season are brilliant for a guy who's playing in an average team in the Portuguese league. He's a work horse who will do all the running from box to box, reminds me of a Gattuso style of player which is what we need for SL, where as Johanssen is more a holding middle man and screens our CB.

Anakoglou can play as #10 but then we also have Zoric who when called upon always delivers.

It will be interesting to see what happens next season and with another 2-4 players we will sign it will make it even harder for Dellas, exciting times ahead!!!

So are you saying you can see Simoes benching Johanson? Honestly, for me Johanson is our best player right now, and thus far has done a great job of like you said protecting our CBs. For me unfortunately there is little to no space for Zoric as a starter in the squad as it is. The only way would be if he came in as a sub for Mandalo in the 75th minute in the 4-4-2 diamond. If Mandalo isn't healthy I would much rather see the 4-3-3 than see Platella benched for Zoric. In all 4 cases as far as impact on the game goes:  Platella> Zoric,  Johanson> Zoric , Mandalo>Zoric , Anakoglou>Zoric

Edited by CHE21QNS

What a great problem to have, 5 midfielders that all should be starters but only 3 spots. Cordero will probably be benched then the other 4 will rotate the 3 spots.

It's too early to tell because we are no where near done with transfers but from the positions we are looking at I don't think we will be switching formations, likely staying with the 4-2-3-1.

Anestis (transfer)

Bakakis Kolovetsios Tzanetopoulos(transfer) transfer

Johansen Simoes/Anakoglou

Transfer Mantalos Transfer

Aravidis

From what's being reported its clear they are trying to sign two gun wingers, a quality left back, a backup goalie, probably a striker to compete with Aravidis,maybe a centerback and backup right back.

The depth on this team will be great If Platellas and Barbosa stick around as backups and if we sign a backup right back we'd have the most depth by far in Greece.

I think our left wing is fine. Both Platella and Barbosa can play there. Honestly our right wing can use on more player as a back up but were fine there too with Platella, Arava, and Douni. So I don't think wingers are a priority right now. Maybe in the winter. 

We NEED 1 right-back as Bakaki has no back up other than Fouli. 

1 Goalie is an absolute must

1 CB is an absolute must

1 Left back would be nice but Petauraki and Soiledi haven't been too bad to be honest.  

1 Striker would be nice. 

So all in all I think we have 3 ABSOLUTE MUST signings, and potentially 5-6 signings if we want to be luxurious haha

F***kk I feel like 75-80% of this squad is midfielders. lmao

Edited by CHE21QNS

If we want to contend then we need better players than Platellas and Barbosa on the wings, against higher quality defenders they will be exposed. We definitely need one starting winger that is a game changer Scocco/Vierinha/Mirallas like quality to take over the game.

Barbosa probably hasn't been challenged enough to bring out the best in him, kinda like Anakoglou last year, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I agree about Barbosa and I feel we've been harsh on him, because its been evident that he hasn't been 100% psychologically since he got back from his injury, and he was tearing it up before that. He seems more cautious than he was before and I think he'll turn it up in A. 

As for a winger. I really doubt Scocco would want to come to AEK for a winger position. He pretty much hated that position when he was with us last. He would play in Mandalos' position or as a second foward. Idk guys its tough. I feel like we might be cluttering the roster the way were going so its important to make every transfer count. Right now it kind of seems like Xrisanthos wasnt the best signing considering we could of gotten a BAM signing in that position over the summer. Time will tell I guess but Im afraid of reverting back to 2011 type moves where we fill the squad with mercenaries and ruin the family atmosphere we have the last few months.

Edited by CHE21QNS

I honestly don't rate Platellas at all too inconsistent for me and very selfish and his finishing most times is terrible.....

Barbosa has shown glimpses of brilliance but he hasn't broken out of his shell, hopefully that changes next season as he does have potential.

We need a striker 100%, a right back also and a keeper. Pretty happy with our left backs they've done well and will only get better with time.

I still say we need to get Kourbelis from Asteras the guys a F***en talent!!!!!!

GK, LB, RW (Starters)

CB, FW (backbups)

That is what is needed.

We have 3 quality CBs so I dont think CB is an absolute must.

I don't rate Petravakis or Soiledis, especially against good opposition.

Platellas is good but we need a better more consistent player there. This IMO is where we need a BAM.

Chrisantus still has a lot to show IMO. We haven't seen enough of him (at 100% freshness) to gather an honest opinion based on his abilities, lets give him a proper chance before we  grade him.

Anestis could have been a beast considering his height but he has butter fingers. We need a more soild guy back there.

• Like it 1

Back to Anagoklou for a moment, I just read an article saying he is the only player to have been playing on the pitch on that black day for us when we lost to Panthrakikos.....  Anyone remember where Cordero was that game cant remember myself.... WORST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And to think yesterday was 2 years to the day of that game, look now how much has changed in these two years and how forward and professional our club has now become..... BRAVO to everyone who's made this effort become a reality!!!!!!!

• Like it 1

Yea he had come in the second half of the season. I really think they are mistaken when they say he was the only one. I think they forgot Cordero. But man do you guys remember the the last 20 minutes that he came on against the gauro and pretty much took them on, on his own for those last few minutes? This player has so much room to become big with us. 

Che I thought Cordero was playing unless he was injured.....

The game vs the gavri was where we lost 1-0 from memory and we weren't given a penalty in the 1st half? Yes he did well that game, a lot of those players we had then had potential just sadly they were part of AEK at their worst.....

Edited by Original Sydney

Even at our worst they needed a little push. Yea we did have some nice players with potential back then. Founta has a lot of potential but his passing game was awful and his control needed work, but still the kid was like 16-17 at the time. Too bad he turned his back on us, and honestly I think Platella is an upgrade. Valentino Vlaxo also had potential from what I remember. Tsoupro I thought had potential too but unfortunately he let us down last season. In my eyes the player that I was most sad to see go, was Tsoumagka. When he was at his best he was one of the best left backs we had seen in a while, with some great potential and great passes. Unfortunately I feel like we let him go a little too soon, without letting him prove himself after his injury. I might be wrong too though. Bougaidi lots of potential too, and so did Katidi but his attitude was the epitome of kafrila, not to mention he was overhyped. From what I remember tsoukala wasnt so bad either.

Overall it was just a leaderless team. Like chickens running around with their heads cut off. Then you had some ref decision costing us some games, and then you had the worst goalie in AEK history (dimi) alongside Moretto, costing us a few games of his own, along with the worst coach and traitor in AEK history (vlaxo). Then you had pretty much no scorer other than a heroic Pavli and a Petropoulo who showed up to give us hope for 5 games or so. Nightmare ###### season. So glad we've come such a long way.

Btw, 3 players left from that era----- Anakoglou, Cordero, and Gronti

Edited by CHE21QNS

I remember there was more than Anagoklou as once we got relegated a few stayed on with us and those 3 above were the first to resign with us....

We did have some talent, Founda was good but lacked direction he was still young so he could only get better, cant believe how he just walked away from us so easily, then he wanted to come back , so glad they shut the door on that, we don't need beggers coming back when they see AEK going in a good direction...

I always liked Katidis but he lost my respect with his m*****a, no offence to anyone if they support XA but after what I saw in Poland & Ukraine Euro facism is F***en disgusting, that's my opinion anyway....

Pavli & Petropoulos were our only hopes as you said, there were times where Petropoulos could've done more for us but I think the fatc he wasn't getting paid after he was promise kinda killed his spirits....

Guerrero was also good at times for us but then again he could be the worst for us but he was prob the only leader like player we had.....

I agree about tsoumaga he was a pretty decent and solid left back for us, shame we didn't give him another go but I think Dellas preferred to keep Gronti instead of him....

Bougaidis did ok to but after he made those cheap shots at us when he signed for PAO he lost my respect also....

Nightmare season and heart breaking also........

Good to see AEK going the right way now.....

I personally am not too crazy about Gronti. I feel like he should be loaned out because as of right now, the midfield is wayy too stacked and I can't see him even cracking the subs to be honest. Gronti is too inconsistent as well but I cant blame him either, he's young with a lot of competition for his position, its hard to find a rhythm, but even last year where he did get chances he didn't really impress consistently. Idk I still think we could of used Tsoumagka. We let him go too soon and it would not have hurt to have 3 LB's fighting for a position, especially while Soiledi was injured. 

I think you're thinking of Klonaridi , I don't think Bougaidi went to Panathinaiko. Ohhh nnoo, you're thinking of Koutroumpi. He was steady but nothing to write home about , and he was slower than the replay. 

Edited by CHE21QNS