Phantis Forums

Summer Transfers 2010

pao123

Govou had an off season in ligue 1 but was incredible in the CL for Lyon.

As for my previous post Euro...

Id say itll be something like that for most games in greece.

When it comes to derbys or Euro games they'll prob have Simao in at DM in place of Viana and maybe even Kara dropping in the middle with either Ninis or Leto riding the pine.

As for Govou Defensively... I dont know if you had a chance to see him last season in the CL but he was the one that was playing out wide and was forced to fall back and help out Reveillere and he was great at doing it.

Besides greece has a way of making good players great and great players immortal

:)

If we do get a CB liek Gallas or Cris.. Id be less worried with whos in the midfield.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

would you rather have govou or....epstein :D :D

if leto and ninis stay on i see us having an even more devastating attack than last year...if we plan on replacing either player with viana i will not be pleased at all...

leto, ninis and simao are three players that we MUST keep...if we really want to build a GREAT team we need to hold on to our young stars...give them another year or two and watch their values skyrocket....they are young and have time to increase in value and continue improving.

with a good centre back signing i think we have the potential to have a good CL campaign this year and if leto is worth 10 this year, he will be worth 15 next year...

i thought Avraam did very well in the World Cup actually, and hes better than any centerback we have on the team now thats for sure.

Speaking of accepting mediocrity in defense, we resigned Sariegui for another 2 years.....Its so ridiulcous to see a squad with so much talent and potential in the midfield and strikers go completley wasted by a junior level defense.

So much potential thrown right in the toilet. This team with a solid back line could go to the final 8 of Champions league.

We may still buy a CB, but honestly......transfer season has already started for a while now, were still nowhere near acquiring one.

Our idiot director is pursuing Hugo Viana instead...great to see yet again our priorities are STILL not in order. 5th transfer season in a row now, theyre bullshiting and waiting for last minute going after positions we really dont need as badly.

Preseason begins quite soon if I'm not mistaken....

Yes pre-season begins next thursday.. although Im not too worried about the CB situation.

Unlike other years with winners like HTC saying we dont need a CB, Nioplias has expressed his true belief that he wants a gun at CB

As for not getting inorder...

Man relax.. transfer season started 8 days ago. And our priority was replacing Salpi and getting a CB

And as for our ''idiot director'' pursuing Viana instead of looking for a CB. If u believe that.. then u must reallt believe all the papers. We dont know whats going on and what they are looking for. Didnt they try to sign Bordon last week but he chose more money over pao? Its not like we are not looking. Its only been 8 days.. Patience

At least we are not signing 34 year old camels like imbagasa and camoranesi

gallas is a trouble maker...everywhere he goes he causes problems...i dont want that kind of character on the team...i would much rather have marchena or cris...

cris looks like he will not be agreeing with lyon on a contract extension so i think we should go for him hard and fast...he is a great player and a natural leader

i dont understand why Marchena is still considered realistic. Why would he leave Valencia for PAO?

Gallas is a great player. I dont think hed start problems, and he would add a ton of badly needed quality in the back.

Gallas + another improved CB, we've got a team fit for a great european season

Im definitley, patient, but only 8 days is a very poor excuse. Season has been over for 2 months now. Transfer window has been open for 8 days, that doenst mean you can't pursue transfers before that at all. Plenty of transfers were arranged before 8 days ago in other clubs.

there is still time left definitley, but I just really assumed that since we didnt do it first business for the season we may be putting it off again.

Ibagaza is a decent signing....Camoranesi too..it will help them form a solid midfi

eld, but only for a season likley, and i dont really expect them to be at their best, and OSFP will still not as good as PAO

Gallas is indeed a trouble maker. He throws tantrums like a spoilt child. He did at Chelsea and now he's doing it at Arsenal and with the French NT. In terms of quality though he'd be the best of all the centre-backs we've been linked with, and although he's reaching the twilight of his career he's still very fit and athletic. I'd love to have him.

Cris on the other hand I'm not so keen on. He was a really good defender but he's slowed down considerably in the last year and he's become clumsy as a result too. Basically he's not the sort of defender we need if we are to play such an open and attacking line up that's liable to be hit on a break. He simply doesn't have the attributes. He'd still be a major upgrade to anything we have now but we have to be clever about the signings too. Personally I think we need both Gallas and Cris (or defenders like them and at their level) but i doubt we'll sign 2 defenders. As Drakos says they should have been our priority, not Viana.

In terms of Oly's signings Ibagaza is a good signing if they get him, but Camorenesi is well past his best.

no

hes played at atletico, mallorca and villareal most recently.

in other news, we are also interested in da costa - centre bak from west ham united

i watch alot of epl but not really west ham so not sure about him but he seems fairly big, about 1.9m and is young 24 y.o sou sounds ok on paper

anyone seen him play a bit?

http://www.sportdog.gr/v3/article.aspx?id=139033

according to some reports we are going to make an offer for da costa...i dont like him and will be disspointed if he is suppose to be our KILLER defender...luckily i dont think he will be..

personally i would rather keep byarsmyr then sign da costa...

cris' agent is meeting with lyons management on wednesday so more news will be known after that...in my opinion, i dont see him leaving lyon but if he does, we should get him right away..

i think alot of ppl dont realize that a great centre back is probably one of the hardest transfers a team can make so im not sure we will succeed in signing someone very well known...i hope we have a trick up our sleeve and pull something incredible though bc if we get someone real good i think we will have a good enough team to properly compete in the champions league...

i was afraid this would happen with cisse...regardless, i dont think he will leave, i dont think liverpool will spend 15 million euros on someone who will probably be riding the bench for most of the year...unless torres gets sold, i dont think they will offer the money...

i wish he came out and said he pledged his allegiance to pao instead of issueing a come and get me warning...

Today, I read that Gali will be part of the team that will fly to Austria to train for next season.

I liked Gali but he needs to go. He proved that he's not good as a backup goalie. He's finished. For the third position, PAO should get someone who can eventually grow to be a starter or at least a very good backup.

I'm not upset that Galas is n't coming. But, they should get someone soon to train with the team.

Archived