Phantis Forums

Panionios-Panathinaikos

trifilli

we go 6 for 6 and the title is ours...not a great game but a great result...the fact is that the team isnt always going to play well but we need to find a way to win regardless and thats what we did yesterday...on to the next :box:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think it may be time we renew ninis' contract again and set a higher buy-out clause.. its 10 million right now..i think it should be higher...

It's not as straight forward as that, the player has to agree to a new contract to implement the clause. If he has ambitions to play at a big European club he'll turn the contract down. That then opens a can of worms: big european teams will swarm around the issue, the Greek media will be all over it disrupting the current morale of the squad, the fans may turn on Ninis, etc.

It's not as straight forward as that, the player has to agree to a new contract to implement the clause. If he has ambitions to play at a big European club he'll turn the contract down. That then opens a can of worms: big european teams will swarm around the issue, the Greek media will be all over it disrupting the current morale of the squad, the fans may turn on Ninis, etc.

im saying it with the assumption that ninis wants to stay with us...im sure if we give him a little raise he would be happy to sign a contract renewal...he will not leave us for a big club YET because he wont get much playing time there..and i believe he probably knows that..he still has some development let in him before he moves to a top top club...he is playing regularly here, the fans, players and management love him..hes only 20...theres no need for him to go yet...

that also reminds me..does anyone have a chart or website that gives us the players salaries...im wondering how much everyone makes...

im saying it with the assumption that ninis wants to stay with us...im sure if we give him a little raise he would be happy to sign a contract renewal...he will not leave us for a big club YET because he wont get much playing time there..and i believe he probably knows that..he still has some development let in him before he moves to a top top club...he is playing regularly here, the fans, players and management love him..hes only 20...theres no need for him to go yet...

that also reminds me..does anyone have a chart or website that gives us the players salaries...im wondering how much everyone makes...

The thing is alot of Greek players wait and wait and then their opportunity passes them by. Basinas, Lyberopoulos and even players like Konstantinou, Okkas, Eleutheropoulos were wanted/attracted interest from good foreign clubs. Some never went, others went too late and they never fulfilled their potential, etc. The fact is it's hard to suggest that Ninis will develop more in the next 3-4 years if he stays at PAO rather than leave for Serie A, La Liga or the Prem

i am pissed off that katsouranis played 90 minutes for the ethniki today...he looked really tired and now will only be more so...

Personally I think he's just lazy but if he is tired it's because he's unfit. Did u see his pop-belly today? He's a disgrace

Personally I think he's just lazy but if he is tired it's because he's unfit. Did u see his pop-belly today? He's a disgrace

i wouldnt go as far as saying he is a disgrace...the man has played nearly every game and nearly every minute so far this season...his legs are weary...he was probably paos mvp for the first half of the season...he just needs a little break..

any player cant play EVERY game, no matter how fit they are...

i think you mean pot-belly. B)

Hes occasionally good, but seriously I cant imagine how awful Benfica were last year were he was player of the season.

I wouldn't worry about Katsouranis being tired after today. He barely did anything....But seriously Otto is not helping by not giving other players chances. For CM's especially were pretty limited, its really only Kara, Katsouranis and Tziolis...Pliatsikas is out...

I'm suprised Fotakis doesn't get another run..

he shouldnt be tired at all.....simao has been doing all the running for him the past few weeks...

tbh i am getting rather annoyed with katsouranis' laziness i agree with euro here, latly (well the games Ive seen) i dont get the impression his morale is very high and maybe he should sit out the next game or come on late in the match.

at the start of the season he was on top form and scoring many goals but i think his "shine" has been taken away by cisse's blatant dominance on the league in goal scoring

Guys, we have to stop this nonsense about being tired. The majority of our Greek athletes are lazy. I'm sure that all of you watch the epl or la liga. Their so called top teams will avg over 55 games in their season, a lot tougher competition. Greek sides might avg 40 games at most. It's pretty pathetic that our athletes claim to be fit, but claim to be tired 20 games I'm. Don't get me wrong, I love pao but this is rediculous!

i agree that PAO players should be conditioned like champs. I'ts obvious that don't pay much attention to the conditioning part of practice. We all know the ones who can't finish a whole game at full rhythm.

PAO plays over 50 games per season. We played 52 official contests (with the playoffs) last season, and we'll be playing at least 47 this season (we have played 39 games already). Add another one for the Cup final if we make it, two more if we make the next round of Europa League, and six more for playoffs if we don't win the title, and we'll be looking at 57 games.

This doesn't count the NT games our capped (just about everyone) players participate in, or friendlies. To be fair, it's a huge burden to players and conditioning can only go so far. Squad depth, scientific conditioning, and player management need to be perfect to have the team play at a competitive level and to avoid injuries.

The one thing that PAO players have to their advantage is that they get to play 3/4 of their games in slow motion since the Greek league is so slow overall.

Archived