Phantis Forums

Panionios-Panathinaikos

trifilli

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, Cyber. 'We play like we always play'? I beg to differ: we are far less energetic and composed than usual. I agree that it's not unusual for us to have problems with ball circulation but this first half was far too casual.

As for the penalty, I think it's the typical 'stupid penalty': a very soft 'tackle' by the defender on a play that was totally doomed in advance. Reminds me of that silly Konstantinou challenge in that infamous Efthimiadis game.

Ok, not "always"

Nice play with Leto and Salpi btw. 51'

Calgreek: Darlas is a joke around here. I can't believe he is on our roster. He must be the worst wingback in Greece. This is the last game Spyropoulos will sit out.

Watching Tzavelas I am thinking, why not spend some good money on him this summer? I bet he could challenge Spyro for that starting spot.

It was weak... If vyntra did that to Toro in next months derby.... we would be yelling and screaming..

Not a good half by Pao... I guess the result counts

It was a weak penalty but perhaps it makes up for the shocking decision the ref made in the olympiakos game where atromitos had a clear pen.

I don't like this 0-1 crap. We don't have the defence to play for narrow wins like this

Watching Tzavelas I am thinking, why not spend some good money on him this summer? I bet he could challenge Spyro for that starting spot.

Tzavellas is quite good actually, I was thinking this the last panionios game i saw too. hes also a strong set peice taker, would be happy to have him at PAO, he's been an important player for Panionios this season.

I know you 'll think I 'm crazy but I 've always thought that Darlas was a huge talent wasted. I remember him on that Malesani team, he was quite good - an attacking full back indeed. And he looked much much better than Tzavelas when PAO signed him.

PS: Euro, it's a powerful shot out of nowhere. It's hard for the goalie to react when he doesn't see the ball until it's virtually in front of him. No doubt though that a better keeper could have saved that.

I generally do not say bad things about our panatha's players but darlas is horrible. Nioplias should have put kante in his spot sarriegi and vyntra cb's and marinos rb. Cisse is by far the best striker panatha has has in a long time. As for the penalty, it was weak but as Greek soccer fans we can't expect anything else. Moving on to this talk about tsabellas. He is a good player but I don't think he would do well for us. We need players with European experience if we wanna advance in any competition. Tsabellas is good for panionios and that's it.

That would be comical, PAO signs two promising LB from the same team. :LOL:

Our last good Greek LB was also from Panionios: Fyssas. We have good tradition there.

Also, this goal by Cisse was as much his doing as a GK blunder. It's hard to defend such sudden, well placed shots at the root of the post when they bounce. The great Warzycha scored a ton of goals like that.

Some goals are prety, some are impossible for a keeper to react, some could have been prevented. They all count for 1.

PS: Euro, it's a powerful shot out of nowhere. It's hard for the goalie to react when he doesn't see the ball until it's virtually in front of him. No doubt though that a better keeper could have saved that.

guys, come on. :) Cisse has won me over. I wasn't convinced he'd be this good but for our league he is superb (no where near world class as many are proclaiming - although i guess we may all have different definitions of world class - but for PAO he's great), but I'm not getting carried away by claiming that everything he does is amazing. He had a shot from distance that should have been easily dealt with. I'm not going to get caught up in the typical Greek mentality of getting carried away, i.e. a player is "amazing" when on form, but a "palto" when he isn't. :D

Archived