Phantis Forums

Roma-Panathinaikos

pao123

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, on calm retrospection, what Ninis has done in just one half against Roma in a packed Olimpico is simply incredible. He got in the box, pulled the handbreak and won the penalty to give us a chance and our confidence back. Then, he did this ridiculous turn around, left Mexes dumbfounded and placed the shot perfectly from outside the box. And, finally, he got first to the ball outside our box, carried it for several metres and then made the perfect pass to spot Cisse's run. I mean, are you kidding me young man?

Well, I did expect Cisse to nail the penalty and the one-on-one so I 'm not commenting on that. But the lad is world class, ti na leme...

No, it means Panathiaikos advances with two wins (goals away don't even come into play)

It means Roma has to score 4 goals now to advance!

If they'd score three it 'd become 3-4 and 6-6 on agg. Which would still see PAO through on away goals, no?

No, it means Panathiaikos advances with two wins (goals away don't even come into play)

It means Roma has to score 4 goals now to advance!

If they'd score three it 'd become 3-4 and 6-6 on agg. Which would still see PAO through on away goals, no?
Yes, I mean 4 goals on top of the one they have already!

No way we concede 4 goals without scoring one. Europa cup 16 is not a dream any longer, it's a reality. And I think we'll be playing the winner o Standard-Salzburg in the next round (I read this somewhere, can someone verify?)

I'm really curious on what the second half will look like. With Roma necessarily opening up more, PAO maybe able to push in a few more as I don't take Nioplias for a coach who will have the team sit back now ...

I think we'll keep the same game going.

Roma came close exactly two times with freekicks from 20 meters. We have closed all lanes towards our box and Ninis is working some magic behind their midfield.

I would not change a thing.

Second half underway and Cisse already close but failed to connect.

Archived