Phantis Forums

Larissa v. Panathinaikos

athinaios

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ninis is such a valuable player.... I hope they keep him for the next 10 years (at least)...

Noblias should be subbing earlier.

Another great save by the Larissa goalie. Tzorvas 5 btw. Safe, confident, good to have, but didn't alter game.

Nice entertaining game. That's the way I like them. Panathinaikos with 3 goals, 59 corners, and 327 good chances to score. Larissa with two shots on goal, and their next best play being a couple of fouls won 30 to 40 meters from our goal.

Now the Larissa folk will take their tractors and go back to blocking the highways. I hope they don't fall to the second division because I like rural teams with such a following, but they were being idiots today when we saw one of the best officiating of the season.

Besides the first 20 minutes, Panathinaikos took charge of the game and it was over even before Cisse pulled the two magic side-swipes at the net. Fantastic striker. I can see another one trying to stop the ball, to turn around or to dribble in that position. He just simply sent it towards the goal as simply as he could.

Nice to see Spyropoulo play so well and Nini score his second of the season.

My final (I am giving Sariegi an 8 too because I liked the way he threw his body in front of that shot at the end to keep the clean sheet):

Tzorvas 8, Vintra 8, Spyropoulos 9, Sariegi 8, Kante 8, Simao 8, Katsouranis 7, Karagounis 7, Salpigidis 5, Leto 7, Cisse 9, Ninis 23, Christodoulopoulos -, Marinos -, Roukavina 10 :LOL:

yeah, good game on a very bad field..

the stoppage gave us the advantage... which shows how stupid fans can be when their team is doing well...

i'm so disgusted with this kind of behavior... why is it still acceptable is beyond me.

I mean in the head of those fans it's OK to throw anything at hand against the "enemy"!

I like Sariegi for his attitude as a team player. Same for Vyntra. I (we?) have been very hard on Vyntra in the past but he was horrible. I guess it was a psychological problem. Probably during practice, with no pressure, he performed well that's why all those coaches used him in the starting lineup. He has shown the best improvement of any PAO player in memory.

Doesn't feel good to hear when gavroi play on Sat that despite their win are still behind PAO by several points!.... :LOL:

I am wathing the other games highlights and I saw Vitolo getting ejected for PAOK for a goofy handball in midfield. I think this is his second ejection, and if so, he will miss more than one game and most likely he will miss the PAOK-Panahtinaikos game.

Not that it matters much though. We'll probably win in Touba too because our team has mvoed to a level above the rest in Greece.

On another note, and according to my own scenarios, PAOK is pretty much out of title contention after their draw at Iraklis today, even if they do win their game against us. Our only competitor now is Olympiakos and their chances of catching us are even slimmer than PAOK's.

Next weekend we play Kavala and Olympiakos travels to Asteras. If they don't win there ths title is outrs even if they win every game after that (and even if they beat us at home), so I'll be watching their game too.

Anything can happen of course, but if we keep playing like we've been playing in the last month (since Nioblias took over) we don't have anything to fear.

It's been a while since I've enjoyed a season like I have this one.

I wan't to book my tickets for Greece so I can jump in the Omonia fountain. Wait... there is no fountain in Omonia any more. We should work this into the Votanikos-Leoforos deal.

We should insist that they build a fountain in Leoforos after we move to Votanikos. Can you imagine celebrating titles in the "Leoforos" fountain? :tup:

I am going to start an petition.

great game..im very impressed with the teams attitudes..for the first time in a while we look confident and play with thirst and drive and look like champions...not much needs to be said about cisse...he is class all around...a player like this controls his own psychology, he takes responsibility for himself and is a true winner...simao filled in great and was a beast as always...spyro and vyntra were great..attacking from the wings, getting forward, sending in dangerous crosses..our left side looks great..spyro and leto are really linking up well..kante and sarriegi were very strong as well..they are gelling together and it shows..ninis was great, coming in and scoring immediately, putting the game far out of reach..this year our roster is great, we have a sweet starting lineup (that is now consistant under nioplias) and most importantly our subs can come on and make the difference...the only semi sour note today was salpi who looked alittle off course..

nioplias really has changed the psychology of the team if nothing else...we look hungry out there and not afraid of anything..he has given our players great belief and confidence...most importantly he has a starting 11 and with the excpetion of one of two changes sticks with it..THATS how you create a good team, by keeping a consistant team. that will cause them to start to understand each other and bring the potential of the team into exisistance with solid performances like today...bravo nioplias and bravo pao...if we continue like this theres no way anyone can take the protathlima from us...

We should insist that they build a fountain in Leoforos after we move to Votanikos. Can you imagine celebrating titles in the "Leoforos" fountain? :tup:

I am going to start an petition.

Oh, man, I do remember Omonia with the water in the center of the traffic circle.

Someone should post pictures (doubt there videos) from those past days.

Isn't Leoforos to be converted into a park or something? Don't most parks have somekind of water fountain? :P What better way for the fans to go there after the team's success! :D

Archived