Phantis Forums

Larissa v. Panathinaikos

athinaios

7:00 pm local time

Obviously, we must take this game. Hopefully this will be the one for Cisse to score a couple.

I think the players know they must be very serious now. After 2 ties and 4 points lost, I can't see another tie (or worse), so I say, one way or another, we'll get the 3 points.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that we absolutely must win. It's nice to have the cushion and we won't be lost if we not win, but anything can happen in a game. A few years ago we pulled ahead with a few games to go, beat Olympiakos in Piraeus, and then went to Xanthi and coped 4 even though defense was our strong point. It took one player having the game of his life (Razinski I think it was) and another one reeling (Morris) and just like that we began the downward spiral.

Of course this current team is immensely better in all respects and they will find a way to win tomorrow one way or another.

It's not good that Gilberto is out with an injury he picked up mid-week. Simao is a good replacement, but Gilberto is a different class. We need Katsourani to pick up the slack this time.

Larissa is a heated stadium with fans who create good atmosphere for their team. I haven't watched them lately but the last full game I saw when they played Olympiakos they had good ball movement and opened up Olympiakos' defense many times. They only lost because Olympiakos was lucky to score against the flow of the game on a couple counter-attacks.

Larissa will probably play for the 0-0 hopping to frustrate us enough to find our defense open. If we score early then it will be a simpler game. We need a little luck.

We are riding a two game not-winning streak where admitedly we played excellent football and missed many chances. If we do play like that at Larissa it should be one out of three. But then again, we played some excellent games before and didn't win with the previous coach (Bremen, Galata that I remember) and most people focused on the result. It looks like the coaching change was good because now, miraculously, everyone talks about the "performance" and brushes aside the failure to win two games in a row. It's a good think.

0-3

15 minutes in and the game is played in our half. Larissa hustle a lot more on the pitch and have pulled a bouple dangerous crosses into our box. Our midfield and our offense are far from each other. We seem to exhibit the old problem of getting the ball stuck in our box but so far it hasn't cost us. Leto seems like he has some empty space in front and just now Salpi sent in a cross that was stopped by the keeper.

yeah, I am glad the kids with the flares are having fun :rolleyes: idiots

All because the crowd went wild for one of the clearest plays you'll ever see in a game. Their goalkeeper falls to hold the ball and slides with it outside. He lets go but it's too late. Foul. The ref calls it, the goalkeeper jumps up and down like a madman bounces the ball on the ground in protest. The ref shows him the yellow.

All this in the little minds of the Larissa fans is a sign that the ref is prejudiced against them. They chant vile things about the referee and his mother and they drop 10 or 20 flares, chairs, and whatever else they have, stopping the game. The ref left for the locker room.

The best thing is, their team was doing well and this is only helping panathinaikos.

we're playing much better now... but we need to score before half time.

the quality of the pitch is horrible... but sadly not the exception. The quality of the league reflects on the quality of the pitch.

modern stadiums (heck, most college fields here in the US) have very good drainage so water doesn't stay around too long.

wow.... another good chance missed (Kante?)...

holyyyyyy cow! another dificult save by the Larissa keeper 33' Kante with the header on a Leto cross from the right.

Larissa looks positively deflated now after their first impotent 20 minutes when they over exerted themselves.

Leto is playing on the right and has been able to pull some really dangerous crosses so far.

Archived