Phantis Forums

PAO-Atromitos

athinaios

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2-1, could be 2-2 the defense is absolutley horrible.

Tzorvas failed on the 2nd goal. Honestly, put men on the posts, goal wouldnt have happened.

Wrong Cyber, the shot was tough and out of reach, thats why keepers should put MEN on the post for corners, it shortens the goal for them.

Second game in a row we concede a goal in the dying seconds of the first half.

Atromitos has sensed our weakness forward and they are playing to score. They don't move forward in numbers because they don't have to. Two or three players are a handfull for our lost in space defenders. Seitaridis is a huge black hole on the right and most counter-attacks have moved down his side when he is not even in the tv frame. When he is, he can't defend at all. Spyropoulos is doing well but Vintra and Kante seem to backpedal most of the time.

katsouranis scored two goals but he is probably the reason we can't win the ball in midfield. Gilberto seems frustrated with how the rest of the team forgets to run back when we lose the ball. Karagounis is ok, ninis is ok, Cisse not so good, and Roukavina not so good.

I'm watching the same game as you PAO OR DEATH.

The same game where players now put their shirts in front of their faces because of the smell of whatever these *ssholes are throwing around.

The same game where a bunch of fans went behind the tires to fight eachother just minutes ago.

Players can barely breathe ... are you getting this or am I missing something here? Or did you not see that the stadium was a lot emptier than in the first half?

Yeah that's life but it gets tiresome this same crap week in week out it's not even good atmosphere, it's just pure crap. No one likes this, not the players, not the fans, just a couple of assholes who thought it necessary to start throwing chemicals around ...

A lot of stuff is going around outside the stadium apparently, and most fans are not making their way towards the tires but towards the pitch to avoid what's coming from outside ... <_<

It's not only the superleague that sucks, the whole country has gone stupid. These are mostly young men who have everything going for them and they are fighting in the weekends for sport.

The stadium has been emptied because I assume many people left the stadium.

The players are leaving for the locker room. Second week in a row the game is delayed.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with this game.

Apparently there were huge demonstrations in the center of Athens (something with the kid that was shot by a policeman last year on 12/6).

They are saying now that the fighting outside is caused by anarchists who came to the stadium from the center of Athens (which is pretty far away if you know Athens).

I don't think PAO fan base has a larger anarchist part than other clubs.

They are connecting the fights with the Atromitos fans who were in the stadium. In the first half they had a huge banner with the photo of the dead kid and something like "we don't forget and we don't forgive". Apparently at half-time 100 of them moved outside the stadium and minutes later the fight with the police broke out. Police apparently used teargas outside and it's impossible to play the game.

The PAO rep just said it wasn't the Atromitos fans but anarchists who came from the center of Athens to pick a fight with the police.

Archived